Price for Prototype Ultimate Medpac

gabusan

For how much should I sell each unit of Ultimate Prototype Medipac to make sure I am not losing money on the materials I am consuming to craft one? (keep in mind that a mission that gives other materials other than the needed to craft the medpack are totally useless and wasted money) Edited by gabusan
spelling

For how much should I sell each unit of Ultimate Prototype Medipac to make sure I am not losing money on the materials I am consuming to craft one? (keep in mind that a mission that gives other materials other than the needed to craft the medpack are totally useless and wasted money)

No one can tell you that. It's all about opportunity cost. Look at how much the requisite materials are selling for on your server and do the math. It may be difficult to actually determine this since very often the GTN is devoid of these, or has only a few listed well above what anyone is actually buying them for.

Edited by Seront

it all depends on a few things; if you gather the bioanalysis mats or send companions out on missions for them, if you send your own companions on diplomacy missions or buy the dip mats on the GTN, trade, etc.

also every server has a different economy, on my first server a full stack of grade 1 power crystals mats* barely sell for 2000 credits, on my new one some grade 1 stacks can sell for over 90,000 credits. so it depends on how your economy is on your server

i usually sell the normal ultimate medpack for 2.5-3k

the prototype requires double material, so it should be sold for 5k minimun, i dont think no one is going to buy this, when the advanced one that only heals 2k less is way cheaper

Edited by Occultsaga

i usually sell the normal ultimate medpack for 2.5-3k

the prototype requires double material, so it should be sold for 5k minimun, i dont think no one is going to buy this, when the advanced one that only heals 2k less is way cheaper

On my server, just the *green* mats for the Prototype Ultimate Medpac easily sell for about 10k. If I were to try to sell the blue medpacs for below 10k, I'd be destroying value. In order to make it worth my while, I'd have to consider the opportunity cost of not just running bioanalysis missions to sell mats. In the time it takes to craft the medpac, I could have pulled in another 4k of net worth this way. I'd have to sell them above 14k to even *begin* making them worth my while. I.e., no one on my server (no one with a brain) sells ultimate medpacs either green or blue, since no one will buy them for these prices. The only time I make them is for my guild for raids, since they are the best medpac in the game with the additional hot on the blue.

Edited by Seront

It seems something is wrong in the design if crafting medpacs is so expensive it is not worthwile to buy them. No one has complained for this?

Honestly, I think if they increased the returns by roughly 2.5x that would be about right. Two medpacs per craft with four on crit would go a long way towards making it viable to not be a Biochem and still occasionally use adrenals. ;) That's just my opinion.