Question of the Day 4/10/2013

CourtneyWoods

I really can't say favorite, but I can tell you that I liked most of the class changes. So I'll just say which change I like best for each class that I've played so far.

Sniper: The change to Followthrough has upped my DPS by a fairly good amount.

Guardian: The changes to Guardian Strike and Sundering Strike have altered by rotation, but my survivability is greatly increased.

Commando: The changes to the healing tree (particularly the buff to Kolto Bomb) have been of great help to my healing.

Powertech: At first, the Power Screen messed up my rotation, but now I wouldn't go back.

Marauder: Adding the defensive increases to Carnage have upped the survivability on my otherwise squishy Marauder.

I have a few other classes to test, but so far I am loving the changes. Can't wait to see what the new abilities can do! :)

I really like the change to Thermal Detonator/Assault Plastique for Powertechs/Vanguards...it definitely didn't kill the needed burst in PVP, and is totally viable now for PVE DPS!

Oh wait :confused:

On a serious note:

Double saber throw is fantastic for Marauders.

Followthrough refresh for MM snipers is just a blast.

Eh, you guys did right for 2 out of my 3 favorite classes at least.

What's your favorite class change in Game Update 2.0?

Personal Answer: Covered Escape - Roooolllll.... Pa-Chow! Roooolllll.... Pa-Chow! :wea_09:

Personal Answer: Naked Bolster- Arggggghhh... Gag snort.... *hysterical laughter and crying at the same time* :w_mad:

Force Barrier animation is good, everytime I activate it it feels more like I am trapped in my own bubble with my toon saying, "Help Help I am being repressed by this bubble". :D

Witness the violence inherent in the system!

What's your favorite class change in Game Update 2.0?

Personal Answer: Covered Escape - Roooolllll.... Pa-Chow! Roooolllll.... Pa-Chow! :wea_09:

Putting disturbance on the 50% crit list for tk sage and double shot on turbalance it sounds and feels so powerful I wish I got more procs of it. I very rarely see it but when it comes it messes up someone's day.

My favourite class change is how my Whirlwind is no longer instant cast.

... oh wait. No it isn't. That's my -least- favourite class change :(

Hrm. I like the improvement to Alacrity, which benefits quite a few classes.

My favorite Class Change is that my power tech actually has more health and does more damage if I take off my protective, powered armor and PvP naked. I love my retractable wolverine blade in my wrist and my new Force-sensistivity that allows me to hurl fire from my palms! Edited by Brant_Flir

It's a difficult toss-up between a lot of things, but as my main is a Marauder, I'd have to go with:

Indefatigable Onslaught

Juyo Form can now stack up to 6 times, and

Annihilate can now stack up to 4 times in total.

I'm rather certain 'overpowered amazingness' is the term I'm looking for.

Giggle is back for Scoundrels and Operatives, you have no idea how much it makes me happy :jawa_biggrin: !

Otherwise I like the new flow for both those classes, as concealment/scrapper, which is now much more enjoyable. Mostly because of the new suckerpunch mechanic. And do note am still lvl 50 since I'll "only" be able to lvl past that next sunday.

Also i like the new breach management for my infiltration shadow, both with clairvoyance *and* force potency with the cd reduction. The double-dipping on infiltration tactic (both with low slash and spinning kick) is also very nice and makes combat much more of a dance as well.

All in all, for both those "sneaky" classes it went from "having" to wait for this or that move on cd and using fillers that I'd have preferred not to use, to having several choices all the time and almost being overwhelmed with those choices, in a good way, so to speak.

So combat is indeed much much nicer.

Not from a mechanical sense, but from an anecdotal sense, Roll.

My guild did a EV HM as one of our first post 2.0 Operations, and our guild leader tried to use his roll during the platform phase of the SOA fight. It was bad because we where down a healer till we got to the second platform, but it was still funny because he fell off the side.

Only played my Combat Sentinel so far and I'm loving it.

Twin Saber Throw is awesome. Lining up your enemies so you hit as many as possible adds a whole new mechanic to the class. This is my favorite change.

I also enjoy the changes to my tree. Zen may drain my focus now, but I feel like this is a better and more fun way for the ability to function (instead of spamming "2" six times, I can now continue with my normal hard hitting attacks, but instead do it much faster). The only thing this really throws off is Twin Saber Throw, because you're attacking again before the animation even finishes. This happens without Zen too, most noticeably when I use Force Leap.

Overall great changes!! I cant wait to see what my other 50s have in store for them (well I know what the changes are, but actually playing with them is much different than reading patch notes and watching videos).