Security key....worth it?

Clayburn

I already hate that I have to enter in my password every time I launch the game. It's bad enough they require a capital letter in the password. But if I sign up for a security key, then I get access to the in-game Security Key Vendor! Is he worth the hassle? Furthermore, I don't even have an iPhone. So does that mean my only other option is paying $4 for the physical one? And how much of a hassle is it? Do I have to check my mobile/device each time I log in and enter in a number?

What good is this in-game vendor?

it's worth it...just a 2 Factor Security which makes hacking much much more difficult. Think of it like this you can have a house with just a door with 1 lock OR have a house with a lock, alarm, Sabertooth tiger watch cat and a 50 cal manned by Cylons and Ninja bodyguards but of course in this case the extra security only cost 6 dollars for the Hard Token RSA and freee as a mobile app. Which is more secure?

The only downside is if you need to remove the security because you lost the token or app blowed up you will have to talk to customer support to get it removed WHICH is a pain sometimes but should be rare.

How much trouble is it to have to enter an alarm code in addition to unlocking the door to your house every time you come home?

Its nothing and everything.

That's quite a hassle. Especially if the code were to change each time, and I have to use my mobile phone to find out what it is. My bank already does that when I use a different computer. I have to get a code texted to me before I can access it. Lame.

But my question isn't about security. Is the vendor worth it? What's so great about this fellow?

That's quite a hassle. Especially if the code were to change each time, and I have to use my mobile phone to find out what it is. My bank already does that when I use a different computer. I have to get a code texted to me before I can access it. Lame.

But my question isn't about security. Is the vendor worth it? What's so great about this fellow?

No one knows. Does it matter? You obviously would rather get your stuff hacked than deal with a little bit of a hassle. Just assume it's junk.

Honestly it probably won't be that great, just a little extra treat for people who care about their security and Bioware's time.

Maybe you played on a wifi.

This has nothing to do with anything. All it takes is going to one wrong site, and sometimes legitimate sites with bad ads, and you have a keylogger on your computer. Now they know your log in and your password. This is where the authenticator comes in. Since it's a continually changing code there's no way for them to know what it is from you typing it in.

This has nothing to do with anything. All it takes is going to one wrong site, and sometimes legitimate sites with bad ads, and you have a keylogger on your computer. Now they know your log in and your password. This is where the authenticator comes in. Since it's a continually changing code there's no way for them to know what it is from you typing it in.

First, don't enter your password on other sites.

Second, don't have a keylogger on your computer.

First, don't enter your password on other sites.

Second, don't have a keylogger on your computer.

lol Do you even know what a keylogger is or how they get on your system? You say it like it's an easy thing to do. Which it can be if you're very careful about the sites you go to and keeping you virus software as up to date as possible. That can be even more of a hassle than entering a code when you log in though.

lol Do you even know what a keylogger is or how they get on your system? You say it like it's an easy thing to do. Which it can be if you're very careful about the sites you go to and keeping you virus software as up to date as possible. That can be even more of a hassle than entering a code when you log in though.

If you're unaware of what's being installed on your computer, then you're doing it wrong. I don't have a keylogger on my system because I choose not to install malware.

If you're unaware of what's being installed on your computer, then you're doing it wrong. I don't have a keylogger on my system because I choose not to install malware.

If you think that stuff is only installed on your computer that you know of you're crazy. No one "chooses" to install a keylogger. Have fun getting hacked though.