Merc in 2.0

bluesoldier

knowing rated spots are maybe and that we may not get the damage we are wanting.. its still a fun class and has some new re animations of moves that will look pretty cool, either way you look at it, in gonna play my valor 72 merc over my 90 warrior becuase i have more fun. and well the electro net actually might get mercs into rateds becuase u can focus a op or sorc while thier snarred from escapes from the merc net.. tha might be helpful + we get an aoe heal now with more power shot dmg and alacrity buffs

I've been playing around with one on PTS, it's hard to tell if they really perform well when people are one shotting you because of a bug. He does seem to hit harder, having double instants is nice so is the talent to reduce the cooldown on barrier. I don't know, I feel like I can take more of a beating and dish out more damage. Guardian feels about the same as it does on production (as vigilance)

I like my BH it does good damage and when geared correctly you can compete with all dps classes, With the 2.0 changes I like some of them but if i'm honest all the changes feel like there PVP related and PVE got ignored. I was hoping to see a little more mobility added and the use of our jet packs I mean why do sorcs get a movement skill and bh that have a jet pack don't does not make any sense.

the changes are definitely pvp related. The PvE side really got ignored. I dislike the removal of our 4 pc set bonus that gave arsenal mercs free rail shots. Having some overheating issues too. I do not recommend using missile blast in the rotation even with the new missile salvo passive. The dmg you do with it is not worth the GCD. Better off firing a TM or something else. Electro net is nice even in pve though the long CD really sucks compared to what other classes get in the way of snaring ability and CDs. Its a really nice survivability pvp upgrade they gave us.

Yea Elecro net is nice in pve but the CD sucks a def needs reducing, Heat is a massive issue, I don't use missile blast as like you said it doesn't do enough damage to justify the heat. I found stacking a little bit more alacrity helped with the heat but its still an issue you really need to only use TM when you need your stacks to maintain heat.