Tanking Stat Weights

dipstik

Dipstik -

Some questions for you from a PT tank perspective.

First off, in regards to relics, you've stated that Arkanian/Underworld Relics of Fortunate Redoubt (defense) is BiS for both Juggs and Powertechs. As for the second relic, I have the old Elite War Hero shield static relic that gives me +120 shield rating. Should I look to change that out? I feel like the +120 stat is just too good to drop.

Secondly, before 2.0, the "rage" for tanks in general was to stack endurance. I assume this was because of the majority of force/tech attacks from operations that could not be dodged/shielded/whatever. With the changes to how shield works, is stacking endurance a thing of the past? Are mitigation stats too good to pass up in favor of stacking endurance now? I still use all "B" lettered mods (I'm in full 69's), so I'm assuming that if I go this route I shouldn't even think about touching endurance augments.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you don't mean Sins as well, since that seems to still say two ehaling relics.

Due to there being almost no internal/elemental, the newe cutoff is 4500 ish dps to make the def proc better than the 634 healing.

Dipstik -

Some questions for you from a PT tank perspective.

First off, in regards to relics, you've stated that Arkanian/Underworld Relics of Fortunate Redoubt (defense) is BiS for both Juggs and Powertechs. As for the second relic, I have the old Elite War Hero shield static relic that gives me +120 shield rating. Should I look to change that out? I feel like the +120 stat is just too good to drop.

Secondly, before 2.0, the "rage" for tanks in general was to stack endurance. I assume this was because of the majority of force/tech attacks from operations that could not be dodged/shielded/whatever. With the changes to how shield works, is stacking endurance a thing of the past? Are mitigation stats too good to pass up in favor of stacking endurance now? I still use all "B" lettered mods (I'm in full 69's), so I'm assuming that if I go this route I shouldn't even think about touching endurance augments.

The pvp relic is now better than everything but the defense proc. if you want anotherrr cool down you can use another relic, but the elite war hero is what I suggest.

Endurance stacking is part of an ongoing debate between tiome to kill versus damage taken per second. Once you have enough health to avoid getting 3 shot, I think mitigation is the way to go.

The pvp relic is now better than everything but the defense proc. if you want anotherrr cool down you can use another relic, but the elite war hero is what I suggest.

Endurance stacking is part of an ongoing debate between tiome to kill versus damage taken per second. Once you have enough health to avoid getting 3 shot, I think mitigation is the way to go.

Cool, thanks for the clarification man!

Hmmm ok, I didn't want to play the 'Who's more right or more wrong' game but seeing as the stats in KBN's thread are drastically different to yours the question must asked.

I run an assassin in full BM atm and we're looking at starting HM's so I had to ask XD just need a starting point as to whose stats to head to.

Thx guys.

Edited by Naritara

Hmmm ok, I didn't want to play the 'Who's more right or more wrong' game but seeing as the stats in KBN's thread are drastically different to yours the question must asked.

I run an assassin in full BM atm and we're looking at starting HM's so I had to ask XD just need a starting point as to whose stats to head to.

Thx guys.

the numbers are different by like less then 1 augment. i wouldnt quite call that drastically different and i really doubt the difference will be life or death

in light of all we have learend since 2.0, its really hard to just put numbers out there and be happy with them. i am pretty happy with the AMR profiles, but thats at the end of a very long road, and in between its very hard to post numbers that will work for everyone. other than posting a spreadsheet where you just enter the amount of shield you have and the total stat pool and it spits out what your defense and absorb should be, i cant think of the best way to post numbers (KBN will most likey post his spreadsheet once the numbers are solid, which you can just add a solver to if he doesnt have it set up). every time you get a new enhancement, you ideal budget is goign to chnage. and now the earpeice and implants chnage shield value dramatically, so you can be anywhere between 720 and 898 depending how you wanna gear.

edit: apologies I read wrongly.

But the strangest bit is using the crafted implants. think I will get laughed at lol

But Dipstik, I thought for Shadows the best pair of relics is heal + def proc, why does your amr profile use EWH? =\

Edited by eventidephoenix

in light of all we have learend since 2.0, its really hard to just put numbers out there and be happy with them. i am pretty happy with the AMR profiles, but thats at the end of a very long road, and in between its very hard to post numbers that will work for everyone. other than posting a spreadsheet where you just enter the amount of shield you have and the total stat pool and it spits out what your defense and absorb should be, i cant think of the best way to post numbers (KBN will most likey post his spreadsheet once the numbers are solid, which you can just add a solver to if he doesnt have it set up). every time you get a new enhancement, you ideal budget is goign to chnage. and now the earpeice and implants chnage shield value dramatically, so you can be anywhere between 720 and 898 depending how you wanna gear.

Ahhh ok now I think i get it, makes sense I spose depending on which gear slots you replace to stats...I think...brain...hurts...must not think XD

correct. since internal/elemental damage is so seldom, and boss dps is so high, you need to be able to get at least 2.5 points of endurance form each point of mitigation for it to be worth it. if you take a look in the shadow section you see how much each point of mitigation is worth at the 790 shield level, and how much self heals you get from each point of endurance.

.072*end=.00004*N*dps

boss dps is between 4500 and 6500 (i know average is lower, but titan and olek have large down time).

at dps=4500: (end/N)=2.5

at dps=6500: (end/N)=3.61

since you only get (end/N)=2 for the lettered mods, its not worth it.

you shoudl also notice the BiS relics changed, as well as the BiS ears/implants

if all of this leads to a health pool that is very prone to getting 3 shot, some lettered mods might be needed.

im regards to the relics, just look at the relic numbers for each class. elite war hero wins because mitigation is SOOO good, because internal/elemetal is so low, and dps is so high.

before i assumed 30% of damage was internal/elemental, now i assume 2%. so that makes mitigation 30% better, which makes the healing relics ahve to compete against some stiff competition.

Edited by dipstik

Due to there being almost no internal/elemental, the newe cutoff is 4500 ish dps to make the def proc better than the 634 healing.

Pre or Post mitigation, my apologies for the ignorance of my questions lol, just triple checking.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I think there may be an error in the formula you posted in the OP.

(0.78*(1-dr)*(0.5*(1-d-0.1)*(1-s*a)+0.78*(1-d)*(1-s*a))+0.21*(1-dr)*(1-r)*(1-s*a)+0.02*(1-r)*(1-ir))

Isn't that 0.78 pulled out and applied to all M/R at the start? Why does it get applied to the 100% accuracy attacks again?

Shouldn't it be:

(0.78*(1-dr)*(0.5*((1-d-0.1)*(1-s*a)+(1-d)*(1-s*a))+0.21*(1-dr)*(1-r)*(1-s*a)+0.02*(1-r)*(1-ir))

EDIT: Also, 0.78 + 0.21 + 0.02 = 1.01 ;)

Edited by Razzberry

Side note:

What is the assumption for the 50% M/R attacks being 90% accuracy and 50% being 100% accuracy based on?

Couldn't it be assumed they'd be all 95% accuracy from the Smash debuff having near 100% uptime? I realize this is essentially the same thing, but just curious why it was split up that way.

I'll admit to being a bit ignorant to what the other two classes bring to the table in regards to accuracy debuffs though.

Edited by Razzberry

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I think there may be an error in the formula you posted in the OP.

(0.78*(1-dr)*(0.5*(1-d-0.1)*(1-s*a)+0.78*(1-d)*(1-s*a))+0.21*(1-dr)*(1-r)*(1-s*a)+0.02*(1-r)*(1-ir))

Isn't that 0.78 pulled out and applied to all M/R at the start? Why does it get applied to the 100% accuracy attacks again?

Shouldn't it be:

(0.78*(1-dr)*(0.5*((1-d-0.1)*(1-s*a)+(1-d)*(1-s*a))+0.21*(1-dr)*(1-r)*(1-s*a)+0.02*(1-r)*(1-ir))

EDIT: Also, 0.78 + 0.21 + 0.02 = 1.01 ;)

this is what im using from excel

pre heals/absorb dtps=

dps*(0.7793*(1-dr)*(0.5*(1-d-0.1)*(1-s*a)+0.5*(1-d)*(1-s*a))+0.207*(1-dr)*(1-r)*(1-s*a)+0.0137*(1-ir)*(1-r))

which i think is correct. what i pasted was incorrect. thank you for the extra set of eyes.

Edited by dipstik

Side note:

What is the assumption for the 50% M/R attacks being 90% accuracy and 50% being 100% accuracy based on?

Couldn't it be assumed they'd be all 95% accuracy from the Smash debuff having near 100% uptime? I realize this is essentially the same thing, but just curious why it was split up that way.

I'll admit to being a bit ignorant to what the other two classes bring to the table in regards to accuracy debuffs though.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5074662#post5074662

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6157031&postcount=87

and i do consider the smash debuff having 100% uptime.

Guardians http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...1-ff52c0cf84e6

skill tree

dust storm: 5% defense

guard stance: 15% armor rating boost

blade barricade: 5% defense. 5% resistance

blade barrier: (0.05 * 11180 + BonusHealing) * 1.2. bonus healing = 0.14*strength+0.17*power+0.17*force power. remember you get a 5% buff to power and force power and a 11% buff to strength.

shield specializtion: 4% shield

inner peace: 5% internal resistance

guardian slash: 3% kinetic/energy resistance, 3% internal resistance

single saber mastery: 3% defense

sorusu form: 61.5% armor rating, 15% shield, 6% kinetic resistance, 6% internal resistance

offhand: 5% shield, 20% absorb

base 5% defense.

get 10% internal resistance from willpower buff.

Pre mitigation dps

Hrm, time to find the pre mitigation dps, thanks lol.

Edit: Found them, so my question is; on Thrasher and The Cartel, should Sins run UW Healing and Proc Def, or Proc Def and EWH (or something besides ewh if we odn't have it)

Edited by Hockaday

Hrm, time to find the pre mitigation dps, thanks lol.

Edit: Found them, so my question is; on Thrasher and The Cartel, should Sins run UW Healing and Proc Def, or Proc Def and EWH (or something besides ewh if we odn't have it)

Proc defense and elite war hero. Or use shield absorb on use if you don't have ewh.