Magenta Adegan Crystals (for Magenta Lightsaber)

ThePleasureman

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also took up Artifice hoping to create a lot of different color crystals for my guild and others.

But lo and behold: I just can craft blue, red, green and yellow. No magenta, cyan, purple, not even orange on my level (at least I can craft that one later).

I really agree with the "all color crystals should be easily craftable, have no stats and be useable for everyone" opinion.

I also like the idea of giving the crystal stats to something new like focus lenses.

Fun thing is, I don't even know how magenta and cyan looks in game, never saw someone wielding a blade of this color (Purple I already saw on NPCs).

An astute observation Sir. Magenta may or may not be the color you are looking for.

Magenta is also NOT pink. It is a weird color that exists somewhere in the limbo between pink and purple.

That said, I don't understand why bioware has to make something so simple, so frustratingly difficult. You've known darn well that character appearance is a high priority for a lot of people. You've known all along that there are tons of us out there who want to have a purple or magenta lightsaber.

I myself had hoped and expected to obtain one of these two colors in the 20s. I have now been 50 for a while, and I am still desperately searching for color crystals that are clearly WAY too difficult and or impossible to obtain.

The same thing goes for Hoods. You KNEW that players would need the option to hide helmets, because most people don't like to cover up their heads and hair. But then you force players into wearing a hood on 90% of jedi armor.

So far I like Bioware as an MMO developer, but when are you guys going to get your heads out of your butts on this topic? We NEED to have more lightsaber color options readily available, and we NEED to have a hide hood option. There just is no debate over this. This is a big point of frustration for many of us.

Magenta is also NOT pink. It is a weird color that exists somewhere in the limbo between pink and purple.

That said, I don't understand why bioware has to make something so simple, so frustratingly difficult. You've known darn well that character appearance is a high priority for a lot of people. You've known all along that there are tons of us out there who want to have a purple or magenta lightsaber.

I myself had hoped and expected to obtain one of these two colors in the 20s. I have now been 50 for a while, and I am still desperately searching for color crystals that are clearly WAY too difficult and or impossible to obtain.

The same thing goes for Hoods. You KNEW that players would need the option to hide helmets, because most people don't like to cover up their heads and hair. But then you force players into wearing a hood on 90% of jedi armor.

So far I like Bioware as an MMO developer, but when are you guys going to get your heads out of your butts on this topic? We NEED to have more lightsaber color options readily available, and we NEED to have a hide hood option. There just is no debate over this. This is a big point of frustration for many of us.

U can hide your hood its in the options, and don't forget this MMO like all others is a living animal, If they gave every colour available at launch in a years time ppl would complain the crafting was boring because nothing new has been made available.

Anyway I craft and I enjoy it. Although I don't agree with people saying crafted gear should be of a lower tier than raiding, I can at lvl 50 jumping into a raid get a lucky roll on a kill and gear out with minimal effort (not that raiding takes minimal effort but u don't have to be a hard core raider to get into a raid) whereas Crafter's can spend months and tens of thousands of Credits building up there Skills ...honestly which has taken the most effort??. I just believe there should be multiple ways to earn top tier gear including epic quest for Crafter's to get those schematics not just a lucky roll. Reward the effort and the effort isn't always raiding

agreed, its a pain that some colours give certain stats etc

additionally, i dont think its very fair that every L50 imp that pvp's for a week gets a purple PVP lightsaber, when republic are stuck with a horrible colour? afaik the only purple lightsaber in the movies was wielded by a Jedi

what does bioware have against republic? why this constant bias towards empire? all the cool animations, all the unfair not-so-mirror abilities, item looks, etc etc

Purple is a SITH color. the only reason Samuel L Jackson got one is because he demanded to have a purple lightsaber or he would not take the roll and Lucas agreed.

Do some research before you grumble on about bias.

And hell. its not our fault you picked the lame faction

:wea_03:

Purple is a SITH color. the only reason Samuel L Jackson got one is because he demanded to have a purple lightsaber or he would not take the roll and Lucas agreed.

Do some research before you grumble on about bias.

And hell. its not our fault you picked the lame faction

:wea_03:

May i suggest you do same before you post false information. You can have your lame faction.

Just to be "that star wars nerd"...

The purple crystal is called the Hurrikaine crystal, which Mace Windu acquired on the planet of Hurrikane. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the boss, but it should be noted that Hurrikaine crystals were often smuggled and sold on the black market due to their high prices. It was only granted to him by what was essentially his last trial as a Padawan. Since only the very reclusive natives of Hurrikane know how to harvest the crystals, only the most influential, powerful, or rich Jedi/Sith have access to them. If you go by the lore, the Sith shouldn't really have them at all, considering the Hurrikane side with the Jedi.

Belive it or not, purple WAS never a sith color and never will be. it is jsut Bioware idea to give sith something different than red as there arent anything else much that is used by sith. Also i have seen empire player using blue lightsaber on Ilum.

Everything is possible for Empire side but not opposite way.

Edited by Divona

May i suggest you do same before you post false information. You can have your lame faction.

Belive it or not, purple WAS never a sith color and never will be. it is jsut Bioware idea to give sith something different than red as there arent anything else much that is used by sith. Also i have seen empire player using blue lightsaber on Ilum.

Color Crystals are restricted by Dark/Light alignment, not by faction. If a Republic player plays dark side, they can equip red crystals. So unless the purple crystals are restricted to Dark I etc, then it stands to reason that Jedi will be able to use them as well.

Anyway, purple crystals are rare at the moment (just look at the number of posts about it) with the exception of the PVP lightsabers on the Empire side. I'm sure that once the source of purple crystals is discovered there will be enough to go around for both the Empire and Republic.

Now back on topic. Have people been combing the map of Ilum for a Magenta node like I have? Any luck?

Edited by DrMelhattan

U can hide your hood its in the options, and don't forget this MMO like all others is a living animal, If they gave every colour available at launch in a years time ppl would complain the crafting was boring because nothing new has been made available.

Nope. there's a 'hide helm' option, which does absolutely nothing for the hoods attached to the chest pieces.

Only way to have those not shown is be a twi'lek or actually show a 'full helm'

The Magenta Crystal does in fact exist, but it is not acquired through Reverse Engineering. At the present time, it could be classified as one of the rarest items in the game.

While I am not going to give any more information on how, where or from whom it may be acquired, I want to debunk the idea that you have to reverse engineer endgame gear to get it so people don't do stuff they regret.

Glad to hear that there are at least some truly rare items in the game.

Color Crystals are restricted by Dark/Light alignment, not by faction. If a Republic player plays dark side, they can equip red crystals. So unless the purple crystals are restricted to Dark I etc, then it stands to reason that Jedi will be able to use them as well.

Anyway, purple crystals are rare at the moment (just look at the number of posts about it) with the exception of the PVP lightsabers on the Empire side. I'm sure that once the source of purple crystals is discovered there will be enough to go around for both the Empire and Republic.

Now back on topic. Have people been combing the map of Ilum for a Magenta node like I have? Any luck?

There are several lightsabers with Blue Crystals installed that don't require alignment, though -- one of my guildmates dual wields blue and red sabers, and he's Light IV. I have yet to hear of a saber with a red crystal that didn't exclude Light characters. Since alignment follows faction for most people (though definitely not all), it is another example, to me, of Imperial characters having way more pleasing appearance options than Republic.

Edited by zegota

Give em black. or shades of red.

Red + blue = purple

Magenta + Blue = Purple.

But maybe I'm a bit color blind. never noticed before. hehe.

All the more reason for there to be a color wheel when crafting crystals.

The only reason bioware keeps colors rare is because it's the EASIEST to expand upon. Change a color, add it to loot table, boom, no carrot to dangle. Takes no time at all.

Add a new set of armor, and it takes months.

It's a cheap way to dangle that carrot. This is a time period when there were so many Sith and Jedi, i'm pretty freaking sure with thousands on each side floating around the galaxy they all had varying colors, shades, etc.

It's obvious that they are not going to budge on this, not until subs start being canceled. So I guess the discussion is moot.

And honestly, How many women like Red, Green, or Blue?

The game is too limited in options. And some don't NEED to be limited. This is a decision that they are going to stick with until they are forced not to anymore, plain and simple.

Edited by CriticalMasses

It's actually not difficult at all. There is no RNG element involved, nor do you need to be running around in endgame gear to obtain it, nor do you need an Operation to do so.

You may need a bit of time, but not a crazy amount either. All classes are capable of obtaining it. Think of it as something like a datacron.

Of course you also need to find an Artifice capable crafter with the recipe to turn the raw crystal it into a Lightsaber crystal, but for the right price, I'm sure they'll help you out.

Honestly, I was a bit amazed to find out that it is possible to have a mystery like this in an MMO. It's been in the game for a few months now (since beta).

Why the mystery? Why not serve it on a platter to those who want the color?

Well, for the same reason there aren't vendors at the start of the game with all the outfits, colors, colors, weapon appearances, etc. Because this is an RPG - some things are earned, not just handed to you on a silver platter. If you want them, you have to play the game.

Yes, we know character appearance is important for people. Hence many of the choices we made in the game, hence us adjusting many features based on feedback from the community during beta. However, the acquisition of appearance options is still a part of the game. You earn appearance past character creation, in various ways.

As said, the magenta adegan crystal is available for everyone and eventually someone will figure out how to get it. It's rare because it's undiscovered, not rare because it's terribly hard to get.

And, because I'm such a nice person today, I'll throw in one hint to get you started:

There are several lightsabers with Blue Crystals installed that don't require alignment, though -- one of my guildmates dual wields blue and red sabers, and he's Light IV. I have yet to hear of a saber with a red crystal that didn't exclude Light characters. Since alignment follows faction for most people (though definitely not all), it is another example, to me, of Imperial characters having way more pleasing appearance options than Republic.

Uh? He's Light IV. He wields a red and blue saber. That red saber doesn't exclude Light characters. Clearly you've heard of one?

Uh? He's Light IV. He wields a red and blue saber. That red saber doesn't exclude Light characters. Clearly you've heard of one?

anyone can use any color crystal, but appearance is all you get out of it. unless you match the alignment you dont get the stat boost from it.

anyone can use any color crystal, but appearance is all you get out of it. unless you match the alignment you dont get the stat boost from it.

Right. The other poster's point was that Empire gets more color options than Republic, which just isn't true.

Now about those Magenta Adegan Crystals...

This is off-topic, but I think it's funny how in MMOs that rare items get so much attention but sometimes seem somewhat arbitrary. Like, if magenta or purple crystals were a lvl 9 newb artifice schematic, I wonder if anyone would even care about them. In a way it's more about the prestige or rarity than the actual color. Purple and magenta crystals were basically a time a dozen in SWG and no one hardly used them.

How do they decide which colors should be rare? Yellow and orange are pretty common in SWTOR but never appear in the films.

]

I think the attachment to purple may stem from people being a little in love with the Mace Windu. He is the only character in the films to have a saber that wasn't blue, red or green I think. In EU they have all the colors of the the various light spectrum's but like 70% of EU is rubbish IMO. In the TOR universe there is whole different hierarchy and I like the variety. Hoping they bring in some of the cool rare crystals that were in KOTOR.