stronghold transfer question might be a bug.

dewayne

i recently transfer all my exsisting characters to another but due my legacy storage stuff not transfering i had to restore a character on that server. upon on logging on him. i found the stuff i had put still there is that a bug or intended? ifar as i know all my decorations transfer i been rederoctating my strongholds

i recently transfer all my exsisting characters to another but due my legacy storage stuff not transfering i had to restore a character on that server. upon on logging on him. i found the stuff i had put still there is that a bug or intended? ifar as i know all my decorations transfer i been rederoctating my strongholds

What I understood, was that legacy unlocks - such as legacy storage bays - should transfer while items in legacy storage should not (otherwise people could dupe items including CM stuff by simply putting rare items into legacy storage and transferring characters).

However, what I have experienced is that legacy storage unlocks DO NOT transfer nor do strongholds themselves (they get reset to 'inactive' and require unlocking them again (so for Tat, another 2.5 million), though the rooms do not require repurchase.

Anyways, the information available on what transfers, what does not, and how it all works with respect to stronghold is woefully inadequate. And customer service is as usual useless (one ticket basically said everything transferred when it did not, the second to follow up was simply closed days later with no response).

Good luck getting a straight answer, much less any action on any issues you may have.

I recently transferred a Character to Ebon Hawk, and while I had no Strongholds Originally, when I went to pick them back up, they had an activation fee of 0, and had the same amount of rooms open that I had on my other server. That included a fully Opened Tat stronghold I had unlocked on my previous server. They had no decorations in them, but they were available.

I recently transferred a Character to Ebon Hawk, and while I had no Strongholds Originally, when I went to pick them back up, they had an activation fee of 0, and had the same amount of rooms open that I had on my other server. That included a fully Opened Tat stronghold I had unlocked on my previous server. They had no decorations in them, but they were available.

Did you originally buy with credits or with CC.

I paid with credits, and while the CC option shows 0 for reactivation, the only option available to me is to reactivate using credits, which would require paying 2.5 million AGAIN.

So either

A - Assuming you paid with CC and I paid with credits, it appears if you buy the stronghold with credits, then transfer, your strongholds get set to inactive and require paying a fee equal to the original purchase price to use

or

B - Assuming you also paid with credits, it appears transfers are inconsistent and you may be able to reactivate them upon transfer for no additional fees or you may get hosed and expected to pay a second time.

Either way, more details need to be provided up-front as to the expectations on strongholds with respect to transfers and customer service needs to pull their head out of their behind and actually provide service.

Edited by DawnAskham

What I understood, was that legacy unlocks - such as legacy storage bays - should transfer while items in legacy storage should not (otherwise people could dupe items including CM stuff by simply putting rare items into legacy storage and transferring characters).

However, what I have experienced is that legacy storage unlocks DO NOT transfer nor do strongholds themselves (they get reset to 'inactive' and require unlocking them again (so for Tat, another 2.5 million), though the rooms do not require repurchase.

Anyways, the information available on what transfers, what does not, and how it all works with respect to stronghold is woefully inadequate. And customer service is as usual useless (one ticket basically said everything transferred when it did not, the second to follow up was simply closed days later with no response).

Good luck getting a straight answer, much less any action on any issues you may have.

after 5 or 6 tickets your right but i have one active asking bout this issue but i'm bout make another one after reading your post bout storage and the strongholds.

• 3 years later...
Wonder if this will affect the server merges.....

No. They are all active and you have all of them from all the merged legacies. How do you tell which Coruscant is which? Well, that one's owner came from that server, and this one's owner came from this server, so look at the "owner" tag on them.