The 40 Year and Older "Professionals" Guild

Master-Pappy

Have you considered a franchise concept? One web-based guild with server guilds bearing the same tag. All run by one policy, with an overarching leadership and set of guidelines, charter, etc. That one central website could easily be outfitted with sub-forums for individual chapters by server.

<Oldies but Goodies> of The Razor, run by JohnDoe

<Oldies but Goodies> of Sith Meditation Sphere, run by JaneQPublic

etc....

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there!

My kind of crowd... 41 years old, originally from Modesto, CA... I actually grew up in the same neighborhood as George Lucas and apparently according to my pop saw Star Wars on the side of his house before it was released in the theatre, but he's more often full of **** than not, and I can't remember doing so (I was six at the time), so that's that.

I'm currently located on Empire side of Mind Trick, quite heavily populated, so there's a lot of good and bad types on my server. Good stuff though, definitely worth checking out. Feel free to send me a note, my main is Petergunn.

Take care, hope this year finds you happy, healthy, and (once in a while) tipsy.

Cheers!

-James

:D

Have you considered a franchise concept? One web-based guild with server guilds bearing the same tag. All run by one policy, with an overarching leadership and set of guidelines, charter, etc. That one central website could easily be outfitted with sub-forums for individual chapters by server.

<Oldies but Goodies> of The Razor, run by JohnDoe

<Oldies but Goodies> of Sith Meditation Sphere, run by JaneQPublic

etc....

This sort of completely defeats the concept of being able to congregate in one place and socialize with people who share a reasonable number of the same cultural markers--at least that's how it feels to me. While it's true that in this particular case, the percentage of forum users is high (at least for now) because the concept was first discussed here, most people would rather play the game than play the forums, and so having multiple "franchises" would mean people on different servers would basically never interact, in most cases.

Also, it's <The Older Republic> :)

Hey all! The Older Republic is on the Sith Wyrm server!

Type /cjoin older, a space, and your message and you'll be able to contact the group for an invite!

Republic I assume or did we go Sith?

Edit: Oh, derp. I see it. Thank you.

Edited by Derfmiolleh

Hey all! The Older Republic is on the Sith Wyrm server!

Type /cjoin older, a space, and your message and you'll be able to contact the group for an invite!

Love it :) I'll start a new toon there tonight or tomorrow myself. I love the idea. I'm normally a non-group person, but have people I do group with when they play, and I've been in a guild before and really liked it. It would be nicer to be in a group of older players, that's for sure.