DPS Operative : When do I get my buff?

RyanReagan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting ripped apart by smashers. They can build smashes faster than the cd on evasion.

Please fix, I'm currently paying to feel worthless in PvP, but don't know how long before I stop paying and take up a new hobby.

Smash is a force attack. Evasion doesn't protect you from it.

I'm getting ripped apart by smashers. They can build smashes faster than the cd on evasion.

Please fix, I'm currently paying to feel worthless in PvP, but don't know how long before I stop paying and take up a new hobby.

What does your gear look like? Same with all classes, it gets better with gear. BUT, concealment opers have a lot of min/maxing to do. I'm pretty much all stock right now on mine, 1/2 WH. When 1.6 hits I figure min/max with war hero gear will only take a week or so.

I'm also finally working on getting my 2 piece pve set. I put it off for too long.

What does your gear look like? Same with all classes, it gets better with gear. BUT, concealment opers have a lot of min/maxing to do. I'm pretty much all stock right now on mine, 1/2 WH. When 1.6 hits I figure min/max with war hero gear will only take a week or so.

I'm also finally working on getting my 2 piece pve set. I put it off for too long.

2 PvE Shells (BM Armoring, WH Mod, WH Enhancement).

Normal PvP 61 Armorings

Large Cunning/Small Power mods (WH)

Mix of Crit/Surge and Power/Surge enhancements (WH)

EWH weapon

EWH offhand (63 power/accuracy enhancement pulled and replaced with 61 power/surge)

My character has no accuracy, surge is way past DR and some alacrity on top of that.

Edited by RyanReagan

An interesting question in the thread title. I suppose the answer is most likely never. My personal belief on the subject of past nerfs on operatives is this: the play style is not fun to play against.

Basically, people don't want to be attacked without any kind of warning from stealth and then repeatedly stabbed while unable to move. Skill is no longer a factor (from the victim's side) because they never had any control over the situation to begin with. The class will only get a buff when BW finds a way to make them viable without this being the scenario every time or we'll just get more threads from those who are dying (maybe reworking lethality?). Just my opinion, however.

That being said, I've seen plenty of good concealment operatives in warzones, but gear and RNG on crits is important from what I can tell. You are also more of a solo fighter and have to pick your battles carefully, so don't facetank people in Rage/Focus spec. Wait for them to use smash, sneak in behind them, and stab them in the back until they die.

Smash is particularly hard on scrappers/conc ops too. The AC has no AoE-reduction talent option, unlike most, so it will always eat the full smash. Also, it's a melee spec in medium armour, so it will be in the fight catching smashes and getting hit for a lot. Oh, and a smash on someone else that tags you will bust you out of stealth too, of course.

Best defence is probably to hit Dodge when you think a smasher is going to jump to you (utilising your special scrapper mind-reading powers), pretty much keep defence screen on CD, and try to stay away from groups of friendlies. Basically, smash is a pain.

Edited by Wainamoinen

DPS operatives/scoundrels finally die in 1.6, because no one of them cannot be competitive vs. full min/max augged wh practically any other class.

They are still alive in kills less geared players, but against full min/max wh augged jugg, mara, sin, pt, bubble sorc, sniper, they failed... only mercs probably left their targets still.

DPS operatives/scoundrels finally die in 1.6, because no one of them cannot be competitive vs. full min/max augged wh practically any other class.

They are still alive in kills less geared players, but against full min/max wh augged jugg, mara, sin, pt, bubble sorc, sniper, they failed... only mercs probably left their targets still.

Here is what I would like:

* AoE Taunt Immunity while Stealthed

* Less energy intensive across the board

* Harder hitting collateral damage

Here is what I would like:

* AoE Taunt Immunity while Stealthed

* Less energy intensive across the board

* Harder hitting collateral damage

I finish play my valor 83 wh/ewh augged scoundrel in 1.6, I will play only my valor 86 guardian and valor 62 sentinel. Scoundrel pure crap and now compared with them, but at least still playable on less geared imps.

Oh, I leveling now my assault vanguard valor 38 also too.

Edited by TonyDragonflame

I finish play my valor 83 wh/ewh augged scoundrel in 1.6, I will play only my valor 86 guardian and valor 62 sentinel. Scoundrel pure crap and now compared with them, but at least still playable on less geared imps.

Oh, I leveling now my assault vanguard valor 38 also too.

Yup... My valor 98 operative will be put on the shelf before he ever hits elite warlord. AND PROBABLY WITH THIS GAME IF THEY DON'T FIX MY FAVORITE REASON FOR PLAYING!

Sins have the same type of opening but instead knocking you down on the first hit they are able to use it out of stealth as well then they can stun lock you to death as well while keeping you force slowed forever, also if you somehow manage to survive that and gain some distance they can either pull you back to them or force speed towards you then hit their IWIN button. But that is fair because they are a glowbat user and that's ok right? Oh I forgot to mention they are doing all of this and guarding a teammate at the same time...

Sins have the same type of opening but instead knocking you down on the first hit they are able to use it out of stealth as well then they can stun lock you to death as well while keeping you force slowed forever, also if you somehow manage to survive that and gain some distance they can either pull you back to them or force speed towards you then hit their IWIN button. But that is fair because they are a glowbat user and that's ok right? Oh I forgot to mention they are doing all of this and guarding a teammate at the same time...

Seriously? Now teams of stun locking assassins are killing people in a blink of an eye?

Is it me or are you suggesting the infamous 31/31/31 Sin build?:rolleyes:

Just trying to figure out the mindset of the community being ok with one stealth class DPS and not the other. I guess having a glowstick makes it ok...

Well if you are talking about deception that they do not get the spike out of stealth. Can I burn down someone in 4 seconds, yes I can...if they are in full recruit gear and I have 5 stacks of discharge and recklessness and a proc to maul. The tank spec USED to be able to kind of do this but when they took out adrenals I was no longer able to pump out 2.5k a tick FL followed by a 6k shock with energize.

Is it me or are you suggesting the infamous 31/31/31 Sin build?:rolleyes:

No I just forget certain classes are blessed with multiple viable pvp specs so usually when I see a sin or shadow I assume they are all the same spec. Forgive me for not recognizing which one was the OP one I just shelved my VR 100 scrapper in favor of a sent since people are upset that being "2-shot" will make them sad and unsub. But seriously what harm can a small energy buff do it's not like there are many scrappers left to utilize it.

Edited by Purpleshizam

No I just forget certain classes are blessed with multiple viable pvp specs so usually when I see a sin or shadow I assume they are all the same spec. Forgive me for recognizing which one was the OP one I just shelved my VR 10" scrapper in favor of a sent since people are upset that being "2-shot" will make them sad and unsub. But seriously what harm can a small energy buff do it's not like there are many scrappers left to utilize it.

I had no issue with your request at all. My point, far too often many people on these forums will come in and complain about a class and (knowingly, unknowingly) they will lump all of the skills a class is able to perform together. Just saying.

All of their attacks are proc based. Meaning they have to ramp up their damage before they can execute. All Operative/Scoundrel has to do is press their opening and their damage is there. Meaning if you stun an Assassin/Shadow then you are preventing their damage early on and it takes even longer for them to continue with their rotation.

All of their attacks are proc based. Meaning they have to ramp up their damage before they can execute. All Operative/Scoundrel has to do is press their opening and their damage is there. Meaning if you stun an Assassin/Shadow then you are preventing their damage early on and it takes even longer for them to continue with their rotation.

The comment about operatives is misleading. That's like saying all deception needs to do is hit maul twice in a row. Which of course is also misleading.

The comment about operatives is misleading. That's like saying all deception needs to do is hit maul twice in a row. Which of course is also misleading.

Because that's all Operatives need to do. Acid Blade then hit your attacks. No waiting on procs of any kind. Get in trouble? Stun/Snare while throwing DoTs, LoS and heal up. I've seen and done it multiple times.

DPS Operatives/Scraps are pretty bad right now. Second worst only to Mandos/Mercs, I've long since abandoned both the classes and am working on a Powertech and a Sentinel. It doesn't look like it's getting any better for either of the Adv Classes (Operatives and Mercs) if you play either, I'd highly suggest you re roll.