So how long, exactly, do I sit around waiting for an Ops queue to pop?

Well, now that people know that the group finder comms are broken, and that 8-man rewards still suck *** because Bioware sure loves their 16-man ops for whatever reason, you're gonna be waiting for a very long itme because no-one in their right mind would get in there.

Well, now that people know that the group finder comms are broken, and that 8-man rewards still suck *** because Bioware sure loves their 16-man ops for whatever reason, you're gonna be waiting for a very long itme because no-one in their right mind would get in there.

Typical elitist view.

I'm going to put in my $0.02 here. I initially thought it was a good idea to put ops in the GF. Having gone through a few in the past week, I now think it is a bad idea. I have 3 toons, all of them well-geared 55 DPS and heals, all of whom have completed DF/DP SM and some DP HM.

The GF option was better in 16M because weaker players can be carried. I completed 2 16-man ops (DF and SV) using GF and they went smoothly, even though we had some bolstered players new to the ops. There were enough experienced tanks and healers to carry.

8-man is another story. The problem is too many players unfamiliar with the op join and in 8-man there is a limit to how many can be carried. I have been in 2-3 8-man GF queues and all have failed miserably. Last night I was in DP with 2 new tanks and 2 new DPS. It was a disaster, despite the tanks picking things up quickly. Multiple wipes on Bestia, several on Tyrans, and we never got through Calphayus after 4 tries. Went through something like one tank, 3 heals, and 2 dps rage quitting. Did the new people learn a lot? I think so. But anyone just in it for comms is probably wasting their time, because you will likely never get to the weekly, never mind the entire op for the bonus comms. and you'll rack up a fortune in repair costs. I don't think this is an elitist mentality. It is just practical. Experienced ops runners are better off starting their own groups and doing SM raids. Unless they join solely to help other players, which can be fun at times. It may be as time goes on and more people get ops experience, these GF problems may go away.

Typical elitist view.

Care to explain how he is wrong instead of a drive-by quipping?

Well, now that people know that the group finder comms are broken

This a true statement. It is broken. See here: 2.8a Patch Notes.

and that 8-man rewards still suck ***

A bit overboard, but, yes, 16-man rewards are higher than 8-man, so, barring the drama the statement itself is still 'correct.'

because Bioware sure loves their 16-man ops for whatever reason

Again, overly dramatic but, as BW themseleves said: 16-man ops are better for this endeavour than 8-man.

you're gonna be waiting for a very long itme

As evidenced by the OP's question ...

because no-one in their right mind would get in there.

As evidenced by the OP's question. With the 16-man queue 'broken,' folks are back to their prior habit pattern: forming a PUG 16-man SM of some flavour on Fleet.

How was that 'elitist?'