When/If BF 3 comes, they really need to balance weapons more.

Because honestly in BF 2 its rather..... ridiculous. So here are some of the weapons, they need to work/re balance on.

Vanguard/Heavy/Shock Trooper

Perhaps the most annoying online in BF 2, they need to re balance their launchers. Yes yes I know, one shot IRL will actually kill anyone but the thing is this is a game not RL and besides there is already a class more suited for infantry that hardly anyone plays as. So in order to keep things fair, this classes launcher needs to be more effective against vehicles/structures then infantry.

Mines, what really is kinda funny to me. Is that the mines used by this class in BF 2, are actually anti-personal mines not vehicle mines yet they do a ton of damage to vehicles. Not to say that the mines shouldn't do damage to vehicles, but they should do less then an actual vehicle mine. So my thoughts are, replace the thermal detonators with vehicle mines to balance it all out.

----------

Rebel Solider/Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper

The main thing for these classes that should be improved on, is increasing the damage of their rifles. Its rather sad, because this class is really the standard and in BF 2 it just seems really lacking with being able to do any damage compared to engineer/smuggler/vanguard/sniper classes.

--------

Rebel Marksmen/Scout Trooper/Clone Sharpshooter[/b]

Hmm....I guess theres nothing really much to say, other then for some reason(a rather dumb one) is that players use this class both for its intended purpose(long range shooting) and for the wrong reason(going up close and trying to hit someone that is literally right infront of you.) So I guess, increase the power of all the side arm blasters so that they aren't crap.

-------

General suff

The only thing that I can think of, for this is the side arm blasters. They really are crap(except for some that do some good damage, dark trooper/clone commander(or is it jet trooper?). So the side arm blasters, need a boost in damage to so that the classes that use long range weapons(snipers) aren't at a disadvantage up close trying to hit someone with a sniper rifle that is meant for long range.

======

Anyway those are my thoughts, after continuing to play BF 2 online and seeing some stuff that should be a little more balanced.

They really do need to balance things out more, but I would be so happy to have a Battlefront 3 at this point that I wouldn't really care as long as it is as good as 1 & 2.

Ya same, but just pointing it out is all don't really care if these things aren't addressed but just thought i'd point em out.

Because honestly in BF 2 its rather..... ridiculous. So here are some of the weapons, they need to work/re balance on.

Perhaps the most annoying online in BF 2, they need to re balance their launchers. Yes yes I know, one shot IRL will actually kill anyone but the thing is this is a game not RL and besides there is already a class more suited for infantry that hardly anyone plays as. So in order to keep things fair, this classes launcher needs to be more effective against vehicles/structures then infantry.

Mines, what really is kinda funny to me. Is that the mines used by this class in BF 2, are actually anti-personal mines not vehicle mines yet they do a ton of damage to vehicles. Not to say that the mines shouldn't do damage to vehicles, but they should do less then an actual vehicle mine. So my thoughts are, replace the thermal detonators with vehicle mines to balance it all out.

----------

The main thing for these classes that should be improved on, is increasing the damage of their rifles. Its rather sad, because this class is really the standard and in BF 2 it just seems really lacking with being able to do any damage compared to engineer/smuggler/vanguard/sniper classes.

--------

Hmm....I guess theres nothing really much to say, other then for some reason(a rather dumb one) is that players use this class both for its intended purpose(long range shooting) and for the wrong reason(going up close and trying to hit someone that is literally right infront of you.) So I guess, increase the power of all the side arm blasters so that they aren't crap.

-------

General suff

The only thing that I can think of, for this is the side arm blasters. They really are crap(except for some that do some good damage, dark trooper/clone commander(or is it jet trooper?). So the side arm blasters, need a boost in damage to so that the classes that use long range weapons(snipers) aren't at a disadvantage up close trying to hit someone with a sniper rifle that is meant for long range.

======

Anyway those are my thoughts, after continuing to play BF 2 online and seeing some stuff that should be a little more balanced.

The pistols and rifles really aren't so bad when you get enough awards for the constant award rifle and pistol. Then again, I've never played online. Do those count online?

The pistols and rifles really aren't so bad when you get enough awards for the constant award rifle and pistol. Then again, I've never played online. Do those count online?

They do not, well....they do but you don't get them forever and its very rare to get any of them because you can die rather quickly.

----------

--------

-------

General suff

======

BF2 is to this day one of my favorite video games of all time. Mos Eisley Hero Assault is greatness.

That being said, I've never had problems with any of the classes in BF2. The weapon damage from rifles and blasters goes up enough to three-shot people using head shots, even if they're sporting the damage reduction. They're much easier to achieve in first person and if you can manage to keep the reticle on the torso. As for the Vanguard, all vehicles have a weak spot on them that does triple damage when it.. For instance, on AT-AT's it's the neck, while chicken walkers and Republic/Imperial tanks have it behind them. Locking on also does more damage. My favorite trick is getting up high somewhere and nailing them like that.

Only thing I'd like to see BF3 do is make Hero classes available for the computer to play. THAT would make the campaign modes waaaay more fun.

Off topic: Go engineer or go home. Nothing in the galaxy stands up to a shotgun, detpacks, and heals.

Edited by Malles

BF2 is to this day one of my favorite video games of all time. Mos Eisley Hero Assault is greatness.

That being said, I've never had problems with any of the classes in BF2. The weapon damage from rifles and blasters goes up enough to three-shot people using head shots, even if they're sporting the damage reduction. They're much easier to achieve in first person and if you can manage to keep the reticle on the torso. As for the Vanguard, all vehicles have a weak spot on them that does triple damage when it.. For instance, on AT-AT's it's the neck, while chicken walkers and Republic/Imperial tanks have it behind them. Locking on also does more damage. My favorite trick is getting up high somewhere and nailing them like that.

Only thing I'd like to see BF3 do is make Hero classes available for the computer to play. THAT would make the campaign modes waaaay more fun.

Off topic: Go engineer or go home. Nothing in the galaxy stands up to a shotgun, detpacks, and heals.

Ya I know vehicles have weak spots thats not really the issue though, the issue though is making sure that the Vanguard is more used against vehicles then the soldiers because all I see now are Vanguards blasting everyone with rockets/missiles. (Very few times do I see other players being a regular trooper.)

I mean you don't see a soldier, running up to a tank and firing their blaster rifles at it do you? Of course not, so they need to beef up the regular soldier otherwise theres no point in having that class if only a very minority are playing as them.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No, but I see Jedi and Sith run up all the time thinking the Hero Bar can absorb a rocket launcher in the face.

Unless you're rocking a jetpack or Time Bombs, you need to go bug the infantry. Because I drive like a boss and I will kill you and laugh.

Edited by Malles

Lol I unlocked a lot of stuff...so 1 shotting was almost automatic for me. To be honest, it all goes to who is playing, I could win most of the time with virtually any class.

Oh and, sadly BF3 died for the last time a few years ago. It isn't coming.

Edited by Eillack

Lol I unlocked a lot of stuff...so 1 shotting was almost automatic for me. To be honest, it all goes to who is playing, I could win most of the time with virtually any class.

Oh nad, sadly BF3 died for the last time a few years ago. It isn't coming.

I still say we need to get someone incredibly rich that wants it involved with us and have em buy us tickets to LucasArts and Occupy them until they make the game.

Oh nad, sadly BF3 died for the last time a few years ago. It isn't coming.

I have almost everything, I'm just missing the one for lock-on missiles because I never play vanguards.

I still say we need to get someone incredibly rich that wants it involved with us and have em buy us tickets to LucasArts and Occupy them until they make the game.

Lol Occupiers are just the trolls of the real world. No point in existing and they just fill up the ignore lists.

Lol Occupiers are just the trolls of the real world. No point in existing and they just fill up the ignore lists.

Then lets troll them hard until we get our game, lol. :p

Edited by Tuscad

I agree Wolf, I also wish they would portray the weapons alot more accurately. The thing I hated about Battlefront II was the fact that they either recycled weapon models and portrayed them wrong...along with the classes....The PC Version has the luxury of having mods that fix that. :D

Like the Chain gun.....NO ONE SHOULD HOLD A CHAIN GUN LIKE THAT......except maybe a wookiee. Your supposed to hold it underhanded like the Trooper does in TOR or like the Clones do in TCW. I mean it just looks cooler. :cool:

Also...I think the Heavy Trooper should get a Blaster Carbine instead of a pistol. It would be more powerful than the pistol, but not as powerful as the Trooper's Blaster Rifle.

Also...visually....Don't rip off the movies like BF2 did....I HATED that. I was wondering...Why is COMMANDER Bacara the Heavy Trooper, while the Galactic Marine GRUNT was the Commander....also Why are they 501st Classes......Their totally different Battalions.... >.< (PC Mods fix that so well)

Also...MELEE...I WANT MELEE. I get tired of shooting droids and they run up to me and I can't smack them with my rifle. I'm not talking knifing people like Call of Duty....But rather swinging the blaster like a club.....sorta similar to what Cody does in TCW Movie on Christophis.

Edited by CassusVerda

I agree Wolf, I also wish they would portray the weapons alot more accurately. The thing I hated about Battlefront II was the fact that they either recycled weapon models and portrayed them wrong...along with the classes....The PC Version has the luxury of having mods that fix that. :D

Like the Chain gun.....NO ONE SHOULD HOLD A CHAIN GUN LIKE THAT......except maybe a wookiee. Your supposed to hold it underhanded like the Trooper does in TOR or like the Clones do in TCW. I mean it just looks cooler. :cool:

Also...I think the Heavy Trooper should get a Blaster Carbine instead of a pistol. It would be more powerful than the pistol, but not as powerful as the Trooper's Blaster Rifle.

Also...visually....Don't rip off the movies like BF2 did....I HATED that. I was wondering...Why is COMMANDER Bacara the Heavy Trooper, while the Galactic Marine GRUNT was the Commander....also Why are they 501st Classes......Their totally different Battalions.... >.< (PC Mods fix that so well)

Also...MELEE...I WANT MELEE. I get tired of shooting droids and they run up to me and I can't smack them with my rifle. I'm not talking knifing people like Call of Duty....But rather swinging the blaster like a club.....sorta similar to what Cody does in TCW Movie on Christophis.

Wait but if the Heavy Trooper got a carbine, then wouldn't the pistols become rather useless? I say just increase the damage of the pistols(well actually the clones use a carbine already as a sidearm, the DC-15S blaster). For the Rebels, their sidearms are DL-44s but they seem really crap when they are supposed to be powerful heavy blaster pistols. Not saying they should take out half health with one shot, but more then just a small sliver of health each hit.

Another thing that annoys me for the Rebels, why do they use DH-17 blaster rifles? They should be using A280 rifles, thats what we see in ESB and ROTJ. Plus it looks a lot better then the DH-17.