Developer Update: Warzone Arenas

CourtneyWoods

I agree, Open World was a great way for guild vs. guild combat... Or just a massive moshpit, I hope you place a new open world pvp zone in this new planet you plan to release in 2.4 (leave Bolster out of this zone).

As I said in my last reply, I personally believe that to "fix" 8v8 Ranked Warzones is: Allow single queue as you plan to do with Arenas, and remove Bolster in Ranked so that getting gear is actually worth something.

I will agree that bolster should be removed from Ranked warzones. I COMPLETELY DISAGREE With you that Bolster should not be added to OWPvP. If anything that is where bolster is needed the most. The lopsidedness of pvp on Ilum when it first launch was one of the major reasons for it's demise.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

Just a quick question, apologies if this was already addressed/answered.

Will we be able to queue for Arenas specifically? Or are they just being thrown into the mix of current WZs that we can play?

For the non ranked queue arenas and 8v8 will be mixed. If you only wish to play arenas then you will need to do solo or grouped ranked.

Alex, :cool:

I need to know, we all need to know ..

Why are you not implenting crossrealms ?! why why why?

You cant actually believe that removing rwz 8vs8 and implenting 4v4 dm only will fix this pvp community .. dear god.

I'm happy among many others that your actually is bringing new content and style to pvp, but removing something that actually has been highly apreciated by many just like that, is not a good thing. :(

By fixing crossrealms, problem would be solved with rwz, players and guilds dont have to transfer to the same pvp server just to be able to get rwz ques etc ..

Why Alex, why ? :eek:

Regards

The times that I've heard the question being asked, they have said it's simply very expensive to create that framework at this point. I recall that waaay back when ranked were announced, they were *supposed* have cross realm functionality. But that was at a much worse time financially, so I assume that is why it was scrapped. However, I do hope that now things are picking up a bit for them, they are seriously considering implementing it, because it definitely is what they need to make ranked teams really work.

Any chances these Arenas for 2.4, will there be choices of 1v1, 2v2, 4v4?

What would be the point of 1v1?

The game is definitely not balanced around duels.

Plus, what would be the reason to have a healer go up against a tank (or anything other than a DPS), a tank against a tank etc.?

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to post a reminder, if you want to take a chance at taking on our 4 man BioWare team, hop in PTS in 45 minutes. We will be on the PTS from 5-7 PM CD in the 4 player group ranked queue. Find 3 friends, queue up, and you just might get to take us on. Also since some folks have joked about me playing the "Musco" class I thought it only fair to reveal what I am playing since you can tell what the rest of my team are doing. I will be playing a Madness Sorcerer.

For the full details check my original post.

-eric

PS - I am also pretty excited for you to see what team uniforms we came up with... :rak_03:

Edited by EricMusco

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to post a reminder, if you want to take a chance at taking on our 4 man BioWare team, hop in PTS in 45 minutes. We will be on the PTS from 5-7 PM CD in the 4 player group ranked queue. Find 3 friends, queue up, and you just might get to take us on. Also since some folks have joked about me playing the "Musco" class I thought it only fair to reveal what I am playing since you can tell what the rest of my team are doing. I will be playing a Madness Sorcerer.

For the full details check my original post.

-eric

PS - I am also pretty excited for you to see what team uniforms we came up with... :rak_03:

So Madness sorc, a PT, another sorc and a merc? Are you guys coming up with weird combos on purpose? :p

If the merc is healer, the other sorc is madness too and the PT is Pyro, I'm going to laugh my *** off!

I will be playing a Madness Sorcerer.

Good luck, guys.

We would reaaaaally like to hear what you thought of our non-existent burst in an Arena setting. Also, I hope you guys play against a team that has a sorc healer that constantly cleanses your dots so you can tell us how that worked out with burning down the enemy healer and dps. :rolleyes:

Edited by TheNahash