Current Transfer Servers

Auck

How many people resubbed for free transfers only to find out it might take a month to qualify your server? This rate is too slow.

4 US servers down, at least 96 to go. 25 days if they allow 4 per day. Might even be slower.

That's the point. If they gave you a transfer on day one you would not have to re-sub. This way they can drag it out for 6 months hoping people keep paying along the way.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yes that's why I typed characters...perhaps you should go re read what I typed? And I guarantee there still aren't millions of characters being transferred...millions = at least 2 million. The highest population servers are the destination servers so that right there cuts out most of your population from transferring. There are less than a million players atm and even less than that is actually active if you go by the population post that one guy has been updating on a regular basis. There is no way in hell there are going to be millions of characters transfered there simply arent enough players no matter how many characters they each have. I mean look fatman is a destination server that server right there is the highest populated one. Please go read my post again.

I have read your post, and with respect, I stand by what I said. For the sake of argument, lets say there are 500k subs left in the game. Assuming that each one has at least four characters that shoots up to your minimum of 2 million. Now say my assumption of 500k subs is low? Or that I guessed too low on the number of characters per account, then the number of characters to be transferred goes well up past 2 million. I am just trying to explain to you that there is more going on than what we see.

What a jip. BW fails yet again. I am not asking for a huge amt of servers this second, but only 4 NA servers is such a low number it can be viewed as a joke. I guess if their business strategy is too disgust their entire player base to the point they have 300K subs then their model is excellent. It's no wonder they didn't release the transfer list early. I am sure this list will increase over the next few days, but for me its just another disappointment and they are becoming legion.

I see you did not played on dead server for months without single warzone, flashpoint, operation, multi-person quests at all and have all patience on the world congratulations you!

Nope, I played between one dead server and one full one, Dune Bantha and Red Eclipse, I was just smart enough to make more characters on populated servers at the same time and yes it annoys me that Dune Bantha isn't on the list yet, but I can wait a few more days, simple as that.

They never said that it would be everyone or hinted that it would be everyone. They actually said the opposite. Stop making up facts.

In a previous Community Q&A we talked about character transfers, and announced that they were coming in early summer. Character transfers are a complex process, but we're almost ready to go. Starting next week on June 12th, 2012, we’re allowing character transfers to occur between selected servers in order to provide a better gameplay experience for our players by ensuring population balance across the service.

They are allowing character transfers. It doesnt say that they are allowing a few transfers to begin.

Also with the way they are doing it now it is not balancing the population. It is just letting fatman and JC get more people. Again no balance at all in what they have done.

When they say starting they are saying that you will be allowed to trasnfer longer than just that one day.

No where do that say that they will be doing initial transfers for servers in stages. They do say they have phases but thats to moniter the populations not as 1 server per type per phase.

For the 100th time...

They are pushing everyone to the most populated servers to make sure we all have a chance to experience the game the way it was supposed to be: Packed servers, lots of people, and tools to group up and tackle content with.

Fixed

D3 is all but dead. Go to their forums, their forums are far more entertaining then D3 the game was. D3 went from full servers, to down to less then 10k players at peak hours.

They certainly learnt from Bioware's mistake & didn't mess around with excess server capacity for that game lol... D3's failboat launch was part of what got me back to play SWTOR again, and I've been having a pretty good time since. The AU servers are rocking, I'm glad they're finally consolidating the US/EU servers so everyone'll be able to enjoy the same quality.

Hasn't happened quickly enough, would be good if they sped it up further, but the outcome'll totally refresh the feel of the game IMO.

I have read your post, and with respect, I stand by what I said. For the sake of argument, lets say there are 500k subs left in the game. Assuming that each one has at least four characters that shoots up to your minimum of 2 million. Now say my assumption of 500k subs is low? Or that I guessed too low on the number of characters per account, then the number of characters to be transferred goes well up past 2 million. I am just trying to explain to you that there is more going on than what we see.

What makes you think people have at least 4 characters? I think that is a baseless assumption.

Mind you, the toon I transferred was my 50, who was also my Legacy Holder.

It could take less time for lower levels.

But 5 mins is fast. WoW's takes at least an hour for your toon to transfer servers (Paid).

The last line is incorrect, i once paid for a character transfer and within 1min of logging back into my account after the transfer i could play on my new server

Wow. 5 minutes... is too long for you? 30 seconds, as mentioned earlier, just too much time?

Maybe this isn't an entitlement society. Maybe it's just rampant, contagious ADD.

Not long - but from this point I see this is still done manually which they said it is not any more.

You are still missing the point. You can't say everyone is transferring because they aren't. Especially since the largest population servers are the current destination spots which means a majority of the remaining players won't be transferring at all. I would be surprised if they even reach a total of 500k character transfers. I'm by no means a pro at math, but even I can do simple math and simple math says they aren't even close to millions.

Nope, I played between one dead server and one full one, Dune Bantha and Red Eclipse, I was just smart enough to make more characters on populated servers at the same time and yes it annoys me that Dune Bantha isn't on the list yet, but I can wait a few more days, simple as that.

It's going to be so awesome to watch when you realize that your toons on the Dune Bantha Server aren't going to be transferred to Red Eclipse.

lol I have a bridge I can sell you too.

What a joke. Only a handful of server and wait 6 months for maybe another round.

No thanks. :)

you have to be joking. 6 months for another one?? where do you get this info. They even say it won't even be a week.

Smart enough to reroll? I have a job and study to do so I do not have time like you to reroll everytime server becomes dead as you, so that is why i have no patience anymore.

The last line is incorrect, i once paid for a character transfer and within 1min of logging back into my account after the transfer i could play on my new server

I've paid 5 characters to transfer servers and everytime it took me an hour (between starting the process and having my toons placed on their new servers).

Guess it's just an individual experience then.

It's going to be so awesome to watch when you realize that your toons on the Dune Bantha Server aren't going to be transferred to Red Eclipse.

I already know that, I didn't say I was consolidating the characters, merely moving one to a fuller server, now run along.

What a jip. BW fails yet again. I am not asking for a huge amt of servers this second, but only 4 NA servers is such a low number it can be viewed as a joke. I guess if their business strategy is too disgust their entire player base to the point they have 300K subs then their model is excellent. It's no wonder they didn't release the transfer list early. I am sure this list will increase over the next few days, but for me its just another disappointment and they are becoming legion.

They also could have started with 3 of each EU servers in the beginning since its closer to prime time there than it is in the west coast.

How many transfers do you really think the west coast servers are going to get at 4am-7am? in relation to the EU servers that are at noon-5pm.

Does anyone at Bioware think :rak_02:

Who thinks the character transfer fiasco (on topic mods) is because they just want the low pops to be stuck testing the pts for them?

I think its just they have no idea what goes on in their own game. Dozens of dead servers. If you took the entire populations of the bottom 50 servers and merged them into one you still wouldn't fill one sever. Instead they allow only 10 servers to transfer. :(