50 PERCENT? Really?

Zerileth

Commando

Combat Medic

Advanced Medical Probe now heals for 6.45% less

Successive Treatment now heals for 7% less

The heal-over-time provided by Preventative Medicine is now 50% less effective, but its armor-increasing effect remains unchanged

This is an adjustment? A balance tweek? Yes it's a HOT but still... 50%? Doesn't that say something rather bad about the original design then? 5% ok... 15% yikes, but ok. 50% of anything is an admission of failure of the original design? No? :eek:

So we're all going to just migrate to dps now? You know you have to go back into all the MM FPs... OPs... Uprisings and add more K tanks right? Is this really your goal? Tanks are like an extinct species. You get one and you want to lock them in a zoo. MM GF barely pops on Harbie... EH, JC forget it. So let's kill off healers too? If you guys are done, let's just go maintenance mode. Hire 3 interns to start patching the bugs, and let's do it.

Crudola. This is my main. I won't pass judgement until I've played a few times. My Imp main soc cor took a hit. I'm still here. I've been quietly watching from the shadows as others' mains take hits But dang... Not my mando medic... :(

Someone who is good at math, make me happy again... ;)

Edited by Zerileth

Just think of what would happen if you designed something from the ground up and you were 50% off of a target that you also created.

It's a bit mind boggleing that a developer, designer, producer - whatever, could create it all and be so far off but not just in what you mentioned but in multiple areas/classes for nearly every class.

It's like trying to throw a ball and then choking on it somehow. Thats how bad bioware is ATM.

Edited by Quraswren

At the suggestion of someone who was better at math than I, for the sage healing nerf last round, I replaced three 228 crit augs with mastery augs, which gave me a 11.2% increase in base healing, which overcame the 10% nerf.

I'm critting less often, but it makes sense to do a higher base heal if the crit spike on your heal is critting off a nerf. I'm doing more healing in the long run with higher base healing than I am trying to chase the all-important crit heal, and I'm once again comfortable with my sage healer.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Two things might be a key factor in such decision making - theory crafting and pvp complainers.

Theory crafting assumes a lot of thing and in the end it gives "best" and "worst" classes to play. Many inexperienced players would go by this creating the disbalance of classes to begin with.

Then we have pvp complainers who say "<Class I play> is not strong enough, <class I do not play> is over powered".

And viola, there is a "community feedback". Just remember all those mercs complaining how they died to fast, so their all-powerful shield was born.

Jumping back to present, "there are too many healers in wz, they are ruining the game" and there you go, all healers get nerfed.

I do not remember seeing any PvE player saying, "hm, this class is so strong, they should reduce its effectiveness"...

Also, there might be a problem of people who constantly complain how game is too easy, so all classes get their fair share of nerfs so some content is not going to be as easy...

What do we suppose actually happened in development to warrant all these nerfs?

Were they as somebody said, way off what they actually intended when they made these characters, or did they just not have a "maths guy" at the time?

They are trying to make all the healers the same, in spite of the core differences. They just have a very shallow understanding of the game.

Probably not gonna happen.

ESO has some fun healing builds, though.

MagPlar FTW.

Can Heal and DPS simultaneously at Veteran Level content.

Before the Morrowind Nerfs the Omega Tamplar could Heal, DPS and Tank vet content simultaneously.

Was awesome.

All The Best

Their plan is really pretty simple. As they add higher gear tiers, they nerf the classes so that the content difficulty stays the same.

That's baf. I miss being able to two man operations! :p That was fun, seeing if it was possible to do once a level cap increase landed. Fun times. Shame BioWare don't really understand the word "fun" is subjective and don't give players more options.

Just think of what would happen if you designed something from the ground up and you were 50% off of a target that you also created.

It's a bit mind boggleing that a developer, designer, producer - whatever, could create it all and be so far off but not just in what you mentioned but in multiple areas/classes for nearly every class.

It's like trying to throw a ball and then choking on it somehow. Thats how bad bioware is ATM.

For sure...any REAL world company that is OFF 50% target usually closes down. This is way out of line and there needs to be a better explanation than they are just trying to balance out to a target....probably more like please get a better job.