Star Wars; Rebels Season IV

t-darko

I'll be honest, I've really not enjoyed Rebels this season, the episodes with Ashoka and Vader were fantastic last season and whilst I know they are not the focus of the Rebels series, everything that has followed has seemed a stretch or inanely shallow and jovial, Force strong wolves that can create hyperspace tunnels or teleport people? No thank you, it's all getting abit much, even for Star Wars, Rokh seems inept and not the cut-throat Noghri assassin we know him to be in the Thrawn Trilogy, perhaps that's intentional.. I don't know, I do know that Rebels is aimed at kids, I just feel for the last season it's falling short of my expectations, which weren't high to begin with. Edited by Farstrider

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest, I've really not enjoyed Rebels this season, the episodes with Ashoka and Vader were fantastic last season and whilst I know they are not the focus of the Rebels series, everything that has followed has seemed a stretch or inanely shallow and jovial, Force strong wolves that can create hyperspace tunnels or teleport people? No thank you, it's all getting abit much, even for Star Wars, Rokh seems inept and not the cut-throat Noghri assassin we know him to be in the Thrawn Trilogy, perhaps that's intentional.. I don't know, I do know that Rebels is aimed at kids, I just feel for the last season it's falling short of my expectations, which weren't high to begin with.

Honesty is a good thing ... ;)

I'll be honest, I've really not enjoyed Rebels this season, the episodes with Ashoka and Vader were fantastic last season and whilst I know they are not the focus of the Rebels series, everything that has followed has seemed a stretch or inanely shallow and jovial, Force strong wolves that can create hyperspace tunnels or teleport people? No thank you, it's all getting abit much, even for Star Wars, Rokh seems inept and not the cut-throat Noghri assassin we know him to be in the Thrawn Trilogy, perhaps that's intentional.. I don't know, I do know that Rebels is aimed at kids, I just feel for the last season it's falling short of my expectations, which weren't high to begin with.

Yeah, I doubt Rokh will get up to the things he did in the Thrawn books.

lol think it's gonna be bad , huh? :o

After episode 7, of course it's going to be bad. I just hope it's better then episode 7 personally. (worst SW movie ever)

Edit: at least Rogue One was a decent movie.

Can't wait for tonight Rebels episode personally. while the last ones made Rohk look less then competent compared to the way he was in the thrawn trilogy, maybe he needed these experiences to improve his skills. At least this is my hope anyway.

Edited by Toraak

After episode 7, of course it's going to be bad. I just hope it's better then episode 7 personally. (worst SW movie ever)

Can't wait for tonight Rebels episode personally. while the last ones made Rohk look less then competent compared to the way he was in the thrawn trilogy, maybe he needed these experiences to improve his skills. At least this is my hope anyway.

this episode makes Rohk a pretty sweet ****** ... unfortunately it makes everyone else on the Empire look like a complete idiot.

Edited by fishpeople

Think they left os with a decent enough cliffhanger for the hiatus.I really liked this episode, things are looking more and more as I remembered them, you know, x-wings and such, that was sweet to watch.

Must admit though that the deaths in the battles were more explicit then I would expect from a kids show. This season haven't been to alls liking, which I don't find surprising really, rater the opposite. The show is specific in some degree as to what stories it tell, and how characters are portrayed. Personally I don't have any relation as to how Rukh should be, and as it is new canon presented as well as a new audience that are the target, I can't say that I'm disappointed, given the scope and parameters of the show.

As a Star Wars fan we most often find us being served a story we don't want told, our fandom is sometimes so deep that, that when it comes to the new writers we find ourselves with one and several ideas we would have liked to be able to pitch before production. But we're always in the hands of the writers and creators. What is comforting is that there's genuine Star Wars Fans heading these series and movies. But that in turn should enable us to engage in a Fan to Fan discussion with these creators, writers, directors and producers. I think that's what Filoni with crew does in a good and paragon manner. I really wish that Kathleen Kennedy would take after his way to present his thoughts and decision making discussion, and apply it when it comes to the movies.

I'm looking forward for the conclusion of this Series after the hiatus, but Filoni and his mates has in a way painted themselves into a corner considering how

ended, not to mention Season 2 or Season 3 for that matter, even if it was a dip, and for some a disappointment, in the epicness we had been presented earlier.

If you ask me what I want for the coming ending episodes, well its easy, I want MORE of everything . . .

/Cheers

Edited by t-darko

Midseason Finale was not bad.

So here is a speculation question, obviously with this show being STAR WARS there is gonna have to be some kind of epic lightsaber fight climax either in the finale or in the episodes leading up to. But seeing how the big bad of the season is Thrawn and there has been no sign of any major antagonist lightsaber wielders, who do you think we will see for that final duel? If we will see a final climactic duel?

Honestly, super unlikely, but man I hope they use Vader. I say we get a cameo from the Emperor either in hologram or in person telling Vader that the Rebel crew has remained a nuisance since season 1 as an episode ending, and then in the finale Vader kills Ezra and Kanan.

Yeah it's basically a steal from Rogue One but it's the most fan servicing route and in my opinion it would be the most entertaining ending. It would leave Rebels series as a whole ending on a positive note in my mind.

You have to figure this series takes place a good 20-30 years before he shows up in the Thrawn novels (or would have, if the old canon was maintained). There's more than enough time for him to become the master assassin we all know.

• 1 month later...

This is some odd times for us Old Star Wars Fans. The inevitable New being replacing the Old and Loved. I'm looking forward to the last episodes of this season and series. I'm up for some OT nostalgia . . .

So since we're at the end of this series here's a recap on season 1-3 and the latest Rebels recon before the season hiatus.

Edited by t-darko

I can't wait for the final episodes, this wait for them and what will happen is frustrating and exciting at same time. :D It's kinda sad that the series is coming to an end, I've grown fond of Ghost crew in past few years, and the series has gotten better with each season. :( Season 3 made me to like the Rebels bit more over The Clone Wars, that is still great tv-show.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet: a new trailer (which has a lot of neat stuff, including a reveal that a pretty darn big bad will be making an appearance, and voiced by the original actor, too) and info on the return date for the last episodes of Rebels was released today:

Monday, February 19 is when it comes back, and according to the news coverage, the six remaining episodes will air back-to-back each Monday for three weeks, with a 90-minute finale for the final two episodes on March 5 (which starts 30 minutes early for those who watch it live).

February 19: “Jedi Night” & “DUME”

February 26: “Wolves and a Door” & “A World Between Worlds”

March 5: “A Fool’s Hope” & “Family Reunion and Farewell”

Edited by DarthDymond

I have a very bad feeling Kathleen Kennedy is going to kill off Ezra and Kanaan despite all the amazing character development Dave Filoni has given them. Development that had them intertwine with loved heros like Asoka and reviled baddasses like Darth Maul. Since the force is now 'FEMALE' there is no room for them sadly and they'll probably be killed off to prove KK's new doctrine.

Anectdotal: I saw bits and pieces of the new badly animated female force series and the writing and depth are drivel compared to Clone Wars and Rebels. In this one short Han Solo is a fully henpecked guy jumping at Leia's every whim to get Ewoks treats that he has to get from Hera who requires him to say that the Ghost is better than the Falcon. It's cringeful to watch and nothing like what George Lucas had in mind for his galaxy far far away. Sad.....................

I have a very bad feeling Kathleen Kennedy is going to kill off Ezra and Kanaan despite all the amazing character development Dave Filoni has given them. Development that had them intertwine with loved heros like Asoka and reviled baddasses like Darth Maul. Since the force is now 'FEMALE' there is no room for them sadly and they'll probably be killed off to prove KK's new doctrine.

Anectdotal: I saw bits and pieces of the new badly animated female force series and the writing and depth are drivel compared to Clone Wars and Rebels. In this one short Han Solo is a fully henpecked guy jumping at Leia's every whim to get Ewoks treats that he has to get from Hera who requires him to say that the Ghost is better than the Falcon. It's cringeful to watch and nothing like what George Lucas had in mind for his galaxy far far away. Sad.....................

What the hell are you on about? How can you possibly make the possible death of two male characters automatically about some feminist conspiracy?

Honestly, I have very little patience for feminists but that is just a load of nonsense. I'm not even going to bother going in to the flaws in both logic and facts, but I will say if you feel the need to poison the forums with this then please do it in a different thread (I believe there are already several) where we can get on with ignoring you and not spoil this otherwise sensible and interesting discussion

:rolleyes: Whether it's an attempt at trolling or is just sincerely-believed MRA drivel, this tripe sounds apiece with that ridiculous "De-Feminized Fan Edit" of TLJ that Rian Johnson, John Boyega, and Mark Hamill all recently mocked the heck out of on twitter.

Edited by DarthDymond

I took the liberty to place the Mid-Season trailer in the OP along with the start date.

Being a bit Star Wars numb after my TLJ experience, I look at the second half of the trailer feeling some long lost anticipation for some Old Fashioned Wonderful Star Wars Storytelling ...

"Help us Dave Filoni, you're our Only Hope!"

What the hell are you on about? How can you possibly make the possible death of two male characters automatically about some feminist conspiracy?

Honestly, I have very little patience for feminists but that is just a load of nonsense. I'm not even going to bother going in to the flaws in both logic and facts, but I will say if you feel the need to poison the forums with this then please do it in a different thread (I believe there are already several) where we can get on with ignoring you and not spoil this otherwise sensible and interesting discussion

pretty sure he is just a mra troll he does this with almost any topic. He makes some weird mra rant about agenda's and what not then never responds and moves on to the next topic.

I'm looking forward to the remaining episodes. I think it's wise to end a series while it's not become trite yet. I think it's a little strange to think of the Emperor making an appearance, even facing off vs Ezra if the second half of the season trailer is to be believed, when we never heard of him before.

I assume that most or all of them will die in some heroic mission, and that these Rebels, the ones we've been watching for some years, their sacrifice will have been pivotal in allowing the events of A New Hope to take place. When I saw Rogue One and how writers tied that into the franchise I was somewhat disappointed because I had hoped that would be how they tied up loose ends in Rebels, with Bridger, Jarrus, Sendula, Wren, the big alien, and Chopper, all dying to make sure the plans for the Death Star got to the rebellion. Maybe they will end up delaying the Vader's fleet so Leia's ship can get the plans before she gets captured and before the droids take the escape pod to Tatooine..

I think it's a little strange to think of the Emperor making an appearance, even facing off vs Ezra if the second half of the season trailer is to be believed, when we never heard of him before.

He is heard speaking to Vader in "The Siege of Lothal" but his presence in the serie has been indeed pretty scarce.

True. I meant Ezra though, that Ezra's basically nobody because he presumably doesn't survive the purge because he's not around in the original movies and he was a new character, as far as I know, introduced just in this show. The trailer for the 2nd half of this season though, on youtube now, shows Ezra literally facing off with the Emperor, flanked by three Loth-wolves, presumably about to engage Siddious in combat. This somewhat strains suspension of disbelief but it's all sci-fi so I can take it.

True. I meant Ezra though, that Ezra's basically nobody because he presumably doesn't survive the purge because he's not around in the original movies and he was a new character, as far as I know, introduced just in this show. The trailer for the 2nd half of this season though, on youtube now, shows Ezra literally facing off with the Emperor, flanked by three Loth-wolves, presumably about to engage Siddious in combat. This somewhat strains suspension of disbelief but it's all sci-fi so I can take it.

The only one who really needs to die is Kanan, they could find some creative way to get Ezra out of the way if they wanted to.

it is also implied that that fight happens in a Mortis-esque force nexus, so all bets are off really. I suspect there is a lot more going on there though than just Ezra vs Sidious. These trailers are rather good at the misinformation game.

The only one who really needs to die is Kanan, they could find some creative way to get Ezra out of the way if they wanted to.

it is also implied that that fight happens in a Mortis-esque force nexus, so all bets are off really. I suspect there is a lot more going on there though than just Ezra vs Sidious. These trailers are rather good at the misinformation game.

Agreed. It doesn't seem to be a battle in the real world like the battle on Malachor was. I guess it is possible that Ezra becomes strong enough in the Force for the Emperor to seek him out... perhaps even determine if he is a Skywalker.

But season 1 hinted that there was something on Lothal other than just the raw materials and the factory. The Emperor had a special interest. Perhaps it was a cache of Kyber crystals that he needed for the DS, perhaps a force nexus, perhaps a dark side entity, I don't know. I am guessing the Loth-wolves know what the emperor has/wants and are trying to lead Ezra there first.