Empire owns Foundry for like 10 months now...

Alec_Fortescue

Ahem, spoiler alert. Read at your own peril if you haven't reached 50 or so yet.

Every Flashpoint you do as Empire pretty much leads you up to False Emperor and Battle of Ilum. In short, after you take the Foundry, Malgus steals it for his New Empire

Ahem, spoiler alert. Read at your own peril if you haven't reached 50 or so yet.

Every Flashpoint you do as Empire pretty much leads you up to False Emperor and Battle of Ilum. In short, after you take the Foundry, Malgus steals it for his New Empire

Oh, so apparently what I said won't happen.

Oh, so apparently what I said won't happen.

foundry is taken around chapter 2 the false emp is at the end of chapter 3 so its been maybe mouths or even a year or so with it.

and the republic side on corellia faces off against hk style droids that are used by the empire, which makes me think they used the foundry to make those.

Right, I should've thought of that... Malgus was in charge of seizing the Foundry after all... He likely took it into remote location - but it's still out there and has a crew even if he did so! But it is more likely that he had to hand the Foundry over to the superiors - Dark Council etc.

Right, I should've thought of that... Malgus was in charge of seizing the Foundry after all... He likely took it into remote location - but it's still out there and has a crew even if he did so! But it is more likely that he had to hand the Foundry over to the superiors - Dark Council etc.

If I remember correctly Malgus merged the Foundry with the Space station of the Emperor(which he stole) and when you go up against him in the False Emperor you are actually fighting him on this new combined Foundry Space Station. Before you actually engage him, he orders the whole thing to self destruct. So If I remember correctly the Foundry is destroyed along with Malgus' empire.

If I remember correctly Malgus merged the Foundry with the Space station of the Emperor(which he stole) and when you go up against him in the False Emperor you are actually fighting him on this new combined Foundry Space Station. Before you actually engage him, he orders the whole thing to self destruct. So If I remember correctly the Foundry is destroyed along with Malgus' empire.

Which was a VERY dumb decision, in my opinion.

"Well, you see all those flashpoints you did leading up to this? Screw those, here's an anti-climactic ending where we kill of a character that was so hyped up, so well-written and so loved by many that we just had to kill him off."

Such a wasted opportunity for expansion in that particular storyline. I really hope they bring it back sometime in the future.

Edited by GhostDrone

"Well, you see all those flashpoints you did leading up to this? Screw those, here's an anti-climactic ending where we kill of a character that was so hyped up, so well-written and so loved by many that we just had to kill him off."

Such a wasted opportunity for expansion in that particular storyline. I really hope they bring it back sometime in the future.

Yeah.

And there's no option to join him unfortunately, which SUCKS. I mean, the guy makes so much sense when he explains everything to you. It makes even MORE sense if you're an alien.

But no, we just HAD to go, "Sorry Malgus, I'ma keel you now. Derp."

Yeah.

And there's no option to join him unfortunately, which SUCKS. I mean, the guy makes so much sense when he explains everything to you. It makes even MORE sense if you're an alien.

But no, we just HAD to go, "Sorry Malgus, I'ma keel you now. Derp."

I honestly like to think that BioWare ran out of money at the point where they were writing the False Emperor story and just decided to "erase" him from the picture until they get the funds to further expand on it.

Since i imagine joining him and being a part of this New Empire would need tons of more voice work from Jamie Glover (His voice actor) and other NPCs, as well.

If anything, Malgus should get his own game. There seems to be lots of events that we could participate in through his perspective.

Like his training, his first encounter with Eleena Daru, his military campaigns in the Outer Rim. I could literally go on for hours on why he needs to be greatly expanded upon.

It's just very rare that we get a new Sith character that's so interesting and likeable.

/fanboy mode off.

Edited by GhostDrone

Which particular cut-scene clearly reveals the fate of the Foundry?

WHEN it was actually said that Malgus claimed the Foundry for himself, actually? Which cut scene / story line was it? I am sorry but I don't remember the cut scenes from between Boarding Party and The Foundry (shame you can't replay stories with your character!) but afaik there is no mention of that there. Same for gatherings on Ilum before False Emperor, no?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Which particular cut-scene clearly reveals the fate of the Foundry?

WHEN it was actually said that Malgus claimed the Foundry for himself, actually? Which cut scene / story line was it? I am sorry but I don't remember the cut scenes from between Boarding Party and The Foundry (shame you can't replay stories with your character!) but afaik there is no mention of that there. Same for gatherings on Ilum before False Emperor, no?

When you're talking to Refgus and the others in that room, I think it gets mentioned, but I DO know you get the option to say something along the lines of "I gave that bastard the Foundry!". I think Arkis Wode also says something about it in the FP itself.

I think Malgus isnt dead. I dont think they would just kill off a major character like that, and besides we dont actually see him die we just push him off the platform.

I think Malgus isnt dead. I dont think they would just kill off a major character like that, and besides we dont actually see him die we just push him off the platform.

Yeah, that's what i'm hoping.

I know what would be a serious plot twist and one that might actually be plausible.

Could it be that Malgus fled to Lehon (Rakata Prime), maybe? Since, for a time, the Wookiepedia article used to say this;

"After his defeat at his space station, Malgus fled to an unknown system in the unknown regions." This was removed from his Wookiepedia page very recently though.

It could be very possible since the old SWTOR leaks ( http://ogrebear.com/?p=2699 ) suggest that Rakata Prime will be making an appearance at some point (Maybe not 1.5).

Something that sparked my interest in particular;

Patch 1.5 – Trek to the ancient secret capital of Rakata Prime, do battle with a rogue Imperial Warlord and face off against The Dread Masters.

New Planet Rakata prime (Home world for the Infinite Empire).

New Flashpoint –The Imperial Warlord

New Operation:The Dread Masters

Could it be that the said rogue Imperial Warlord is Darth Malgus? Or is working with Malgus, maybe? We'll see, i hope.

Actually,

it's been stated by the new Lead Writer that Malgus is dead for all intents and purposes. he even referenced the Wookiepedia link the poster below you talked about with Malgus escaping to the Unknown Regions as false and was laughing the whole time talking about it because he didn't know where people got that idea from. However, he did drop some hints that Malgus' apprentice is still out there and probably less than pleased that we offed Malgus.

She is set to co-star in the new SWTOR book, so maybe that will be a lead into a new iconic character for us...or just a new loot pinata if she survives the book. Just to kind of increase her aura of BAMF-ery, shes also in command of the Ascendant Spear.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ascendant_Spear

Edited by Temeluchus

Yeah, that's what i'm hoping.

I know what would be a serious plot twist and one that might actually be plausible.

Could it be that Malgus fled to Lehon (Rakata Prime), maybe? Since, for a time, the Wookiepedia article used to say this;

"After his defeat at his space station, Malgus fled to an unknown system in the unknown regions." This was removed from his Wookiepedia page very recently though.

It could be very possible since the old SWTOR leaks ( http://ogrebear.com/?p=2699 ) suggest that Rakata Prime will be making an appearance at some point (Maybe not 1.5).

Something that sparked my interest in particular;

Patch 1.5 – Trek to the ancient secret capital of Rakata Prime, do battle with a rogue Imperial Warlord and face off against The Dread Masters.

New Planet Rakata prime (Home world for the Infinite Empire).

New Flashpoint –The Imperial Warlord

New Operation:The Dread Masters

Could it be that the said rogue Imperial Warlord is Darth Malgus? Or is working with Malgus, maybe? We'll see, i hope.

That is actually a really interesting theory, especially now when the Dread Masters are the new enemy. Though I wont like seeing Malgus be just their puppet no matter how cool they are LOL. Still an interesting theory nonetheless.

Actually,

it's been stated by the new Lead Writer that Malgus is dead for all intents and purposes. he even referenced the Wookiepedia link the poster below you talked about with Malgus escaping to the Unknown Regions as false and was laughing the whole time talking about it because he didn't know where people got that idea from. However, he did drop some hints that Malgus' apprentice is still out there and probably less than pleased that we offed Malgus.

She is set to co-star in the new SWTOR book, so maybe that will be a lead into a new iconic character for us...or just a new loot pinata if she survives the book. Just to kind of increase her aura of BAMF-ery, shes also in command of the Ascendant Spear.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ascendant_Spear

Can you provide us with a link of the interview or the statement in which this new Lead Writer said that. If it is indeed true then that will really suck. And regarding his apprentice, unfortunately i dont think she can be nearly as epic as Malgus was, though it will still be interesting to see where her story goes.

Can you provide us with a link of the interview or the statement in which this new Lead Writer said that. If it is indeed true then that will really suck. And regarding his apprentice, unfortunately i dont think she can be nearly as epic as Malgus was, though it will still be interesting to see where her story goes.

http://torwars.com/2012/08/22/torwars-podcast-98-our-interview-with-biowares-hall-hood/

Hall Hood interview from a month or two ago. The Malgus part happens toward the middle/end in the Spoiler section of the interview.

Edited by Temeluchus