Europe Awakes

KakitaHoshi

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All in favour of the EU getting to operate on EU times. It would be extremely nice for it to happen and hopefully BW will look and offer a response to our general concerns.

On a happier note I understand that there are larger and more invites going out today, hopefully more EU based guilds getting filled up.

All in all, a very good topic by the OP (go slug go!!).

Have fun out there people. See you on the forums or Luka Sene if I get in :D

Around 2 PM GMT time.

That means 2 PM in London

Half a day gone for the Europeans by then.. Then invites end 5 hours later. Give or take.

3 hours later EU servers hit LOW pop cause its weekend and its 10-11 PM (22:00-23:00)

and the ones who are logged in sit there and play with themselves cause they cant find people to group with and finish the quests needed.

Or they queue for WZ's and we all know what happens when a WZ does not have enough people in it

Is it just me or are posts vanishing in this thread? :confused:

There have been a few posts that deserved to be deleted. US-Europe flame posts.

I say good riddance to those posts and hello to a Bioware reply. The latter as soon as there is one :rolleyes:

Edited for smiley

Edited by KakitaHoshi

I also agree with the OP.

Not so fussed with the EGA issue, more with when server downtime will be. For major patches servers can be down for hours on end. If they bring the servers down at 10am GMT we could end up loosing half the day.

Ideally the servers would come down at 4-5am, and be back up for normal play then, but if its run on US time then the nerd rage from many people will be something special to behold.

Any chance of a response on what time EU servers will be down for maintanance / applying of patches?

It will be fun when the first expansion rolls out and everyone and their mom will pre-order and enter their codes day one. Good luck on having a staggered release then. :p

In our 37th wave, we will have the people who redeemed from 00:01:34 sec to 00.01:35 sec :)

There have been a few posts that deserved to be deleted. US-Europe flame posts.

I say good riddance to those posts and hello to a Bioware reply. The latter as soon as there is one :rolleyes:

Edited for smiley

Yeah they do seem to be on top of removing the comments that are getting reported for abuse etc.

Its gotta have an explanation to why there are no invites for us Europeans, i meen they arent stupid.

EU is populated by 768 milion people, and USA are pobulated with 350 milion peolple,

In my eyes they would pay more attention to EU than US since we are a bigger audience.

That reason is the following question: Will Europeans get European based and timed service, and it is a valid one. I know you are an US based company, but you have an Bioware Europe office, and European servers.

Based on that, we expect, and reasonably so, service wich caters to us.

I agree, there is more to the world than the US!

Its gotta have an explanation to why there are no invites for us Europeans, i meen they arent stupid.

EU is populated by 768 milion people, and USA are pobulated with 350 milion peolple,

In my eyes they would pay more attention to EU than US since we are a bigger audience.

Europeans have had invites to EGA so far and servers are populated even if it is light/medium.

Sadly I think it's a case of 'suck it up' you want to play the game you just need to accept that you are being a second rank customer.

You pay more and they won't make anything a bit more convenient (yes with taxes they still over charge)

^^ This.

It is pretty common.. What you have to remember is that a lot of americans (note I am NOT saying all aemricans.. there are exceptions to the rule) are rather um.. self-centered.. If it doesnt affect them, then they dont acknowledge it. Gaming companies based in the states are included.. They are US, so therefore the Us is important, everyone else can suck hind ***.

Its one of the reasons why we europeans (I'm a brit) end up paying more for less.

If you take into account exchange rates, and taxes etc, most europeans will end up paying over 50% more for their game that the american counterparts, but yet, as we are EU, we dont get really even 50% of the service or consideration.

It sucks, but unfortunately, thats just the way it is nowadays, and there aint a dayum thing that can be done about it.

The one thing that I CANNOT forgive during this whole process is the fact that they are announcing the waves, but giving NO information regarding them..

WHY for the LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY can they not say 'The sixth wave has gone out, covering up to the 15th August' or some such.. at least that way we would know where we stand!!!!

Edited by sirpugg

So Europeans who pre-ordered in December will get one day of access, but not any sooner than 4pm gmt. Then about 5 pm the maintenance will start untill let's say 8 pm, which basically means you got UP TO 5 hours left to play.

BioWare: 'A day not screwing with Europeans, is a day not worth living.'

I know a lot germans - including myself - that prefer to play on a english language server due the "international flair" and to escape the "typical" german community.

Same here for spanish community, as soon as I find the server they/us are gonna flood.

SW paraphernalia sounds better in english too!

Edited by Reevas