Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rollback valor now or a lot us that legitimately grinded battlemaster will be leaving.

Look, I understand folks being upset about the exploit, but why would someone who already has battlemaster quit? The people that really should be upset about this are republics just hitting 50 who are going to get destroyed by all the instant T3's. If you already (legitimately) have your battlemaster gear, then you are set. Just stick to warzones and enjoy.

Turrets giving Valor is obviously a huge screw up on BW part, but honestly other than that, what can be done?

Every wants OWPvP to mean something and/or award you, search thru the forums at all the people begging for it prior to 1.1. Problem is someone will always find the cheapest and easiest way to do something, and there's nothing BW can do about it.

What they need to do is have some of these shady/clever/whatever individuals to test things before they are released as opposed to kiss asses or fanbois. Because they will play the content as it is intended to be played, and will notice it is quite fun, when everyone is playing it that way, unfortunately that will never be the case.

I have zero faith in BioWare now.

This is just shocking, how that hell can you not know this was going to happen? The apparent lack of insight into your own game leaves me feeling like you should have maybe not wasted the 300mil to build this.

There clearly needs to be more internal testing and if what people are saying is true "listen" to the public testers.

Oh well, at this point whatever half *** fix you come up with just bust something else.

Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.

lol? Seriously. You are *****ting your pants right about now...

Faction imbalance on many servers warrants some manner of spawn protection to eliminate farming - or at least eliminate the inability to leave the zone without queuing for a WZ and then dropping out of that warzone.

Farming turrets is pretty much replacing one non-pvp farm fest with another.

With the exception that the protection will get used to play hide and seek games with the guards, no matter what is done, something will be bad and exploitable. Unfortunately, neither system works perfectly, but anything will work better than the current state of things.

I want to crush Repulic players, but I want their to be Republic players to crush :)

The biggest issues would be the empire Spawn camping spawn point in Ilum battleground area. They are getting 1-2k valor a minute and will get battle master in a matter of hours.

The base turrets need 1 one shot machine gun anyone in range, like spam lasers of death inside the entire republic / emp base... like 100 imps dead in .5 seconds level of death.

Republic are also getting massive valor gains as well, just not to the same degree because they are wholesale slaughtered. Somewhere around 500 valor a minute.

You will have to rollback valor gains, from 1.1, which will make people very angry but will be quite necessary.

The frame rate is also very terrible not sure what you can do about that, regardless of machine specs.

make illium an instance like warzone with approx equal rep/imp on each side

This!

The biggest problem with OWPvP is that it needs some serious controlling, otherwise it will just be what we've seen today.

Making OWPvP just that, "Open World Player vs Player" not "Open World over-populated side pwns the underdogs"!

Since I doubt that you can differentiate between Valor gained in Warzones and Valor gained in Ilum the eventual rollback will infuriate everyone on the Imperial side and only incite more complaints.

This is an embarrassing moment for the game and needs to be handled quickly.

The only people who will be really complaining are the Imps....Republic for the most part had very little valor gain in comparison.

I am in full agreement with a server roll-back. I think it is game breaking to allow Ilum to operate as it is now...free Battlemaster rank to the Imps...which means even more *** kicking in WZ's...

I am personally boycotting Ilum, as well as encouraging everyone Repub side on my server to avoid the area. No use in feeding the Imps more free valor than they are already exploiting

I can't believe this crap went through testing and made it to live. I'm thoroughly disappointed in Bioware; I expected so much more. This isn't just an error, this is a huge FUBAR. We all know that high-insight is 20/20, but seriously?

Suggestions:

1. Take down the servers for immediate changes.

2. Rollback the valor to where everyone was at when servers went down on 1/18/2012.

3. Make changes to Illum so Republic players can actually play the game.

I'm seriously considering quitting this game on the spot if Bioware doesn't move fast on this one, and I don't feel like it's a stretch to say I have a lot of people with me.

Appropriate damage control should include an explanation of how this change made it to the live servers. If the developers did not anticipate the results of this patch it calls into question their ability to manage the game. If they did anticipate the results of this patch, it calls into question their judgement. Either way, introducing this version of Ilum to the live servers has had a negative impact on the players' trust and confidence in the PvP developers. This issue needs to be addressed as much as the actual gameplay issues, or the PvP community will suffer.

my ideas for fix:

-- to fix u need to rollback all valour ranks etc to state before patch 1.1

1. Think about side balance, when on illum join 10 republic players u can't let 100 empire players join there... sorry for all empire but its so sux. If more players from empire want to join they other instance on illum. Its hardes part of balance.

2. I dont know why You choose so badly engine for this game. For money u spend for this game u should choose better one ... egz. Unreal Engine 3 will be more and more better. Lack of FPS when 200 players are on screen.. sorry for me its engine problem. When i played RIFT i get worst CPU less RAM and worst Graph Card and in major City i get more fps than here on Illum, and dont get pixels on my mighty armor :(((((.

3. In major base on Illum should be more POWER turrents and some SAFE ZONE to prefent situation - u get be ganked by 150ppl and can do nothig...

4. Just see BW what are You done atm. How much You BOOST Empire Side.

You should make more test with more players for test, but how if on PTS u can't make instant 50 lvl :(.

5. Killing Turrent give ~10k of Valour to everyone who deal any dmg to it and it can respown instantly after dead... so in 1h You can get ~100k-200k Valour.

Edited by Dreedzik

Sooooo many issues.

Defense Turrets give valor (they shouldn't), and do little to stop an invading horde of players. Those turrets, especially at the spawn points, should be one-shotting any player that steps within range.

Text pop-ups showing up showing where is every player is annoying and unhelpful. Stealth tactics should be part of the game in Open World PvP, and should allow a group of players to steal an objective. Just remove this, and let players have to monitor areas they control themselves.

There's no system in place to help even the odds if one side is completely outnumbered. If there's 40 sith, and 20 republic, there's little chance the Republic players will be able to mount a counter-act since they can't reorganize.

Then there's the fact that taking objectives gives a massive boost to valor gains. Too large if you ask me. It's over double the valor.

And the lag is horrible. Even setting all the graphic options down to Low, I'm barely getting 10 frames per second with all those players in one location. It's basically unplayable.

It's amazing, but I think you actually made Ilum worse with the patch. (Warzones are much better though. Level 50 brackets make for more even matches.)

That is terribly disappointing. Having played Warhammer, one of the first threads I made on this forum discussed how Bioware would deal with faction imbalance in open world PvP. There were a ton of interesting proposed solutions, and then a lot of people that were proposed the "Just make the factions equally attractive!" non-solution. Looks like Bioware went with the non-solution, and then people like Empire better so it was a serious mistake.

I would propose you couldn't get onto Ilium at all if the faction balance on that planetary zone was greater than 1.5:1 (with a min of ~30 people so at least that many can be there). So then you might get fights that are 30 vs 20 but no more outnumbered than that. Others proposed NPC spawns to assist the lower pop side, Bolstering buffs (although my experience with Wintergrasp says those don't work well when the population imbalance is really out of control, and many other things.

Honestly,

I feel like this is my fault. I spent all my time on the test server doing the new flashpoints and trying to find problems in operations.

I didn't even travel to Ilum.

People complaining on here should shut up and give constructive feedback. I know most of you fools didnt log into test to see what the pvp changes would bring.

I do agree though, the current state is broken and I hope unintended.

It's not really your fault. It's an economies issue, and test servers *never* reflect live economies. What is the point in grinding valour on a test server? Or getting rich, or farming the biggest boss? You do it once, to one person and go 'hmm I can exploit this on live' and never touch it again. On test servers nothing has value, so no one does anything for valuables - in this case valour and commendations except the bare minimum they need to do something else.

You could have tested ilum all you wanted, there's nothing to be gained from standing around for 8 hours slaughtering people dumb enough to zone in, and you would have wasted 7 hours 59 minutes doing so. But on live, if you get to keep that valour rank or all those commendations well, MMO players like the path of least resistance, and if that means spending the next 8 hours clicking alt+ printscreen + f2 + / 3 times a second they'll do it. It's also something all of the people involved know is going away, so they're going to scramble to exploit it as long as they can and hope they don't get rolled back. Again, no point on test since your character is a fake anyway.