The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

It's really weird that so many people at the end of False Emperor tell everyone that you to not to pick up the grenade as you can now defeat Malgus without it.

Do they not know that you can sell the grenade to a vendor for 1 credit?

Why would I not pick it up then?

Genius! Infinite profit :D

After a few runs of HM fp's I have noticed an evolution in bad tanks.

A bad tank used to tunnel vision the strongest enemy with no taunts or aggro gens. However this allowed me as the healer to just focus on the dps/myself (usually myself) who is carrying out the face-tanking.

However these past few runs when I have been with pathetic tanks a new development has arisen. These tanks no longer use any DCD's at all. Now my plan of face-tanking on my healer and surviving long enough for the tank and dps to clear the group is out the window. I now have to spam heal the crappy tank just to keep him alive, while my hp plummets and the tank carries on beating away with no def buffs up.

This may end up with me dead on the floor, group wipes and who's fault is it.....(a clue, it starts with H and ends with ealer)

Admittedly, this has been a trend since 12Exp has been on, or at least it has become more common. On the latest weeks, I saw many kind of weird things myself, and wrote of something in this same thread. From severely undergeared ppl, which was common before 12Exp aswell, though less troublesome, to others not knowing hteir specs. :rolleyes:

But the most disturbing and troublesome ones are possibly the following:

- Tanks not using DCDs at all, nor taunts, nor guard. Basically DPSing as Tanks...

- Healers spamming the "basic" heal and nothing else. Which makes me wonder if they're speeced properly at all.

- Ppl without a spec, like an Assassin I saw who didn't have any point spent in the trees, looking at procs and attacks he used.

- Ppl spamming the basic attack relentlessly, totally unaware of how resources work in the game.

- Ppl not using the out of battle rest and dying continously, at least once every two pulls, if not more.

- Ppl with destroyed gear, 0 durability, who refuse to repair it - fully moddable - because "It's ok as it is". Or, wearing empty shells, that's not better anyway.

All in all, I really hope with 3.0 and the end of 12Exp, to find less ppl playing without knowing, because otherwise it'll be hell... Finding these in FPs is bad enough, but think of meeting them in Ops, or while levelling and without having the chance to compensate with your gear... :eek:

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

TL;DR: Tython TFP

Sorc dies

Sorc dies

Sorc dies

Sorc dies

Sorc dies

me: "feel free to ask about the fights if you are new"

sorc: "Im not new I have done this hundreds of times"

Assault on Tython tfp. group is me on sniper, sin dps, mara and sorc healer.

The sorc healer takes a while zoning in but as the 3 of are high geared we just 3-man it. The sorc healer finally zones in while we are on our way to the 4th of the 5 generator things.

The sorc gets to us with an entourage of enemies, we fight back but the healer ends up dead. I res him. The 3 of us get the rest of the generators done because the healer doesn't have sprint on and with us 3 using our speed boosts (coverroll, force speed etc) on CD everything is dead before the sorc gets there.

We get all the generators done and the 3 of us take the route that avoids the pull infront the first boss. We are stood in the boss area when the sorc comes running up the stair pulling the group we avoided. No problem, we can just clear this trash then do the boss. barely even worth noting if it wasn't for the fact the sorc healer then continued straight through the trash and pulled the boss too.

Still not an issue, the 3 of us deal with the trash while the sorc healer melees the boss....

The 3 of us dps turn on the boss and start our stuff. First adds/bombardment phase the sorc dies (makes no effort to move at all). After the fight I say "feel free to ask if you don't know the fights, it will reduce your repair bill". The sin revives the sorc and we carry on. Now tbh the 3 of us were more than capable of doing this without the sorc, but I felt bad for him as he had 17k hp and this was clearly his only high lvl toon (possibly only toon at all) as his buff only added mark of power.

Carry on and the sin dps stealths us past the enemies at the bridge and we carry on, however the sorc who doesn't have sprint on didn't know the shortcut and I see on the map him running over the middle of the bridge. The 3 of us are busy doing that champion ambush thing so the sorc is on his own with that pull. He dies, we clear up. My res is on cd, so is the sin's so the mara does the honours this time.

Get to the next boss with the droids, the sorc survives thanks to the mara taking care of him with kolto stations (whenever he stands inside the exploding droid area the mara moves to a kolto to fix the issue). The pull at the bottom of the stairs the sin stealth cc's as we reckon the sorc doesn't know how to avoid this 1. Even with the enemy cc'ed the sorc casts force lightning on it. The 3 of us are all at the top fighting the group up there, the sorc dies and all our revives are on CD. We tell him he has to go back to medcentre.

The 3 of us clear the upstairs and do the generator thing then wait at the conversation console for the sorc. He gets there, we start the fight and on the first phase of falling rocks the sorc dies. I decide to offer some advice:

me: "feel free to ask about the fights if you are new"

sorc: "im not new"

sin: "thats even worse"

sorc: "I have done this hundreds of times"

sin: "hundreds of times worse than everyone else you mean"

sorc: "I don't know actually, so many I lost count"

We leave him dead on the floor for the rest of the fight. My res is now off CD so I bring him back up. I then carry on the conversation:

me: "I try and offer advice and all I get is the "im pro" retort, don't know why I bother"

sin: "I know, I gave up a long time ago, nobody ever listens"

sorc: "no need to tell me the game, I know it, I have done everything loads of times, I bet more than you"

me: "perhaps"

sorc: "want to duel?" (hes a 17k sorc, im a 36k sniper)

me: "not really"

sorc: "lol not so pro now are you noob?"

sin: "just press the console" (to sorc, we are all stood at end convo waiting for sorc to press)

mara: "can we just get this over please?"

Sorc finally presses the console, we all start to zone out then before my exit area cast is done the sorc says "how do I get out of here".

Yeah...such a pro

Edited by BobFredJohn

This was an operation, TFB to be exact.

So, about four of us in this 16 man are guildies. They asked me to tank it since I have tanked every single operation before. Mostly the story mode versions, but still, basic mechanics are basic mechanics. Anyway, I ask my fellow tank to get into Mumble with me and my guildies because it helps to voice the fight to be better in sync. (This is one major gripe I have, just because you've done an op 1000000 times, doesn't mean you shouldn't get into the voice thingie. It helps, believe me)

So, since this other tank doesn't have mumble and I know the others don't want to wait for the tank to download it, I type into chat 'i've got kermit. i'll tank the top guy. I'll stick with Kaysara, etc. The other tank, I swear doesn't listen to me or is being impatient or whatever was up his rear, he'd go flying into the mobs before we could figure out what we should do. Yes, it's sm tfb, but still, knowing how we'll handle it is still key. Btw, I'm a jugg tank, this goober was a PT tank. He had more hp then me also, btw.

This continues on the entire time, him rushing in before we can do ready check or talk quit tactics between him and me. Etc. *sigh*

Then we get to the last boss, who I affectionately call Squidward. I tell the tank 'I'll be on the right side, you've got left side. When we get inside I'll be going right. Just wanted to let you know.' I tell him this so he doesn't get confused and follow me since he's not in voice. The tank tells me 'I KNOW what to do. I've been here tons of times!' Erm....I wasn't explaining the fight, I was just letting him know where I'd be. I told him as much after he says this. And we begin the fight.

So, what does he do? I have no idea, I have to watch Squidy for when he's ready to spit, so I can taunt off him and such. He goes down and my healer guildie keeps me alive while my MERC guildes does what he can to taunt off me until other tank is rezzed. Thank god we had a guy in the raid taunt also to help me cause I was like 'ho' ****!' when tank went down cause I couldn't tell anyone but my guildies I need someone to taunt off me cause I got spat on.

I live. Phew. But then the newly rezzed tank comes all the way over to the right side to stand on my platform. I didn't say anything to him cause what's the point? And I head over to the far left platform. I saw in ops chat someone saying 'why are there TWO tanks on the same platform??' I wasn't really paying attention, too focused on keeping Squidy on ME and not the raid.

We pass it weirdly enough thanks to the other 14 awesome group members. But I HAD to whisper the one who mentioned the two tank thing and tell her/him that I knew what to do and hopefully they didn't think the both of us were apparently newbs. She said she knew.

But I swear. I told my guildies I wasn't tanking in pugs anymore if the other tank wasn't one of them cause I'm sick of incompetent tanks or just plain FAIL tanks.

This was an operation, TFB to be exact.

So, about four of us in this 16 man are guildies. They asked me to tank it since I have tanked every single operation before. Mostly the story mode versions, but still, basic mechanics are basic mechanics. Anyway, I ask my fellow tank to get into Mumble with me and my guildies because it helps to voice the fight to be better in sync. (This is one major gripe I have, just because you've done an op 1000000 times, doesn't mean you shouldn't get into the voice thingie. It helps, believe me)

So, since this other tank doesn't have mumble and I know the others don't want to wait for the tank to download it, I type into chat 'i've got kermit. i'll tank the top guy. I'll stick with Kaysara, etc. The other tank, I swear doesn't listen to me or is being impatient or whatever was up his rear, he'd go flying into the mobs before we could figure out what we should do. Yes, it's sm tfb, but still, knowing how we'll handle it is still key. Btw, I'm a jugg tank, this goober was a PT tank. He had more hp then me also, btw.

This continues on the entire time, him rushing in before we can do ready check or talk quit tactics between him and me. Etc. *sigh*

Then we get to the last boss, who I affectionately call Squidward. I tell the tank 'I'll be on the right side, you've got left side. When we get inside I'll be going right. Just wanted to let you know.' I tell him this so he doesn't get confused and follow me since he's not in voice. The tank tells me 'I KNOW what to do. I've been here tons of times!' Erm....I wasn't explaining the fight, I was just letting him know where I'd be. I told him as much after he says this. And we begin the fight.

So, what does he do? I have no idea, I have to watch Squidy for when he's ready to spit, so I can taunt off him and such. He goes down and my healer guildie keeps me alive while my MERC guildes does what he can to taunt off me until other tank is rezzed. Thank god we had a guy in the raid taunt also to help me cause I was like 'ho' ****!' when tank went down cause I couldn't tell anyone but my guildies I need someone to taunt off me cause I got spat on.

I live. Phew. But then the newly rezzed tank comes all the way over to the right side to stand on my platform. I didn't say anything to him cause what's the point? And I head over to the far left platform. I saw in ops chat someone saying 'why are there TWO tanks on the same platform??' I wasn't really paying attention, too focused on keeping Squidy on ME and not the raid.

We pass it weirdly enough thanks to the other 14 awesome group members. But I HAD to whisper the one who mentioned the two tank thing and tell her/him that I knew what to do and hopefully they didn't think the both of us were apparently newbs. She said she knew.

But I swear. I told my guildies I wasn't tanking in pugs anymore if the other tank wasn't one of them cause I'm sick of incompetent tanks or just plain FAIL tanks.

Ah yes, the only thing worse than a DPS who thinks he can tank: a tank who thinks he can tank, but actually can't. People like the one you described are why I don't pug anything anymore. People are complete idiots.

Edited by idnewton

HM Cad. Jugg tank 24k, sniper dps 20k, sorc healer 24k and my sniper at 36k

First pull I rip off the tank twice, no guard goes out. We do a few more pulls and get to the top of the high lift. At this point the healer asks for a guard and the jugg complies. I cba explaining (and tbh with how this jugg tanks its good I don't have guard as it makes it easier for me to pull off the healer). We carry on with me face-tanking but getting no heals as the healer is of the opinion that his job is to heal the tank and nothing else (tbh at the gear level the jugg has its easy to see why the healer spam heals them), still I have my dcd's and I have tanked enough in my time to know how to survive.

Get to first boss and I ask "all know it?". The healer replies "kill them, don't die".....really? on the first boss of cad your method is kill, don't die. Well after reading this written by the healer the jugg decides to pull. I quickly type that I hope the tank and other dps know the fight better than our healer or we are going to struggle.

They don't. All 3 of them burn down the bloke until the droid activates, he then freezes the tank, then the other dps, then comes for me so I get him stuck in the cell. I then start burning the droid best I can but don't kill it before the cell runs out, it then freezes the healer and ends in a wipe.

I then ask in group chat if they would like to do it properly next time. However the healer decides the issue is in my dps output (he chose me because I spoke up about his poor attitude to fight mechanics). The jugg then says this is their first ever run on HM cad, but they have done sm, other dps is in the same position. I therefore start explaining the hm side of the fight but the healer disagrees with everything and tells us all to burn the bloke fast. The tank looks at the hp values of the bloke and droid and decides burning the bloke would be easy. I point out the droid will enrage but the healer tells me to l2p, that the droid dies when the bloke does. The tank says the healer is right (thats how it works in sm) and then pulls.

Droid enrages, we wipe. Run back and the conversation now consists of:

heal: "dps pick it up, you need to do more"

The tank then pulls. We wipe

Try again, we wipe.

I ask again if they fancy doing the fight properly? the healer tells me not to be elitist then tells the tank to pull again, we wipe. I then start writing out to the n-th degree how the HM mechanics work. The tank says he will do it my way to shut me up. We beat the boss.....Healer ninja loots the jugg tank gear but I am beyond caring now, I just want my comms and get the hell out of there.

Get to wookie fight, I stand close but healer and other dps stand at range. The healer stops healing in order to flame me in chat along the lines "why would a ranged character fight in melee against a boss who has a flamethrower" (I made sure I was always behind the boss so never hit by flamethrower. As the healer is busy typing the tank dies, we wipe.

Second try the healer pulls adds who melt him, we wipe

Third try healer refuses to move close, as such when he gets adds they are outside flamethrower so they kill him.

I decide now to stop trolling the idiot healer and do it myself. I stay close and every time the adds appear I rip them with supressive fire/grenade then run where the tank is to take the adds into the flamethrower (popping shield probe as I do so). We complete the fight at which point the healer explains to me I should stay out of flamethrower. I don't bother answering.

Bonus boss, as both dps are ranged I explain the safe spot by the lift rail. While I am showing them this spot the healer tells me to "stop trying to act pro" and says he wont bother using the safe spot, then tells the tank to pull. He pulls, I rip aggro, boss moves to me so the "safe spot" is now inside the aoe. Tank taunts back, I aggro dump and the tank continues to fight the enemy right next to the safe spot. As such I move away to a place outside the aoe but where I still get pulled in. I therefore try to time my entrench to co-incide with the aoe.

I mention this afterwards, suggesting the tank guard me. The healer points out the guard should be on the healer and I shouldn't taunt (you know, that taunt ability available to snipers).

Get to the final boss and I start going on about shackles. The healer tells me to shut up and pull. Tank pulls with force charge then keeps the boss in the middle of the room. I rip off the tank, the boss starts to move to where it should be, then the jugg taunts again seconds before being killed by the rocket engines. The healer combat res them then tells the tank to follow them. I point out I am now shackled...repeatedly. Nobody takes any notice and I end up being killed by the rockets, to the healers amusement "lol I though you knew it, forgot about rockets?". I tell him about the shackles and he replies theres no freeze mechanic, I am just making up excuses for dieing. The group wipes.

On the way back I explain the shackles thing. The healer tells me not to BS and l2p. We get started and the other sniper gets shackled. I break them and the other snipers see's it. This results in the other sniper dealing with my shackles for me. towards the end the healer gets shackled but the boss is low enough on hp that we can finish the fight without a wipe, so I leave him stuck. He gets killed by the jet as he is shackled and writes in chat "lol, lagged, I couldn't move". We finish the fight, loot, healer ninjas the wrist gear that would have been useful to the other sniper.

Still I eventually got my comms and got out of there.

HM Cad. Jugg tank 24k, sniper dps 20k, sorc healer 24k and my sniper at 36k

First pull I rip off the tank twice, no guard goes out. We do a few more pulls and get to the top of the high lift. At this point the healer asks for a guard and the jugg complies. I cba explaining (and tbh with how this jugg tanks its good I don't have guard as it makes it easier for me to pull off the healer). We carry on with me face-tanking but getting no heals as the healer is of the opinion that his job is to heal the tank and nothing else (tbh at the gear level the jugg has its easy to see why the healer spam heals them), still I have my dcd's and I have tanked enough in my time to know how to survive.

Get to first boss and I ask "all know it?". The healer replies "kill them, don't die".....really? on the first boss of cad your method is kill, don't die. Well after reading this written by the healer the jugg decides to pull. I quickly type that I hope the tank and other dps know the fight better than our healer or we are going to struggle.

They don't. All 3 of them burn down the bloke until the droid activates, he then freezes the tank, then the other dps, then comes for me so I get him stuck in the cell. I then start burning the droid best I can but don't kill it before the cell runs out, it then freezes the healer and ends in a wipe.

I then ask in group chat if they would like to do it properly next time. However the healer decides the issue is in my dps output (he chose me because I spoke up about his poor attitude to fight mechanics). The jugg then says this is their first ever run on HM cad, but they have done sm, other dps is in the same position. I therefore start explaining the hm side of the fight but the healer disagrees with everything and tells us all to burn the bloke fast. The tank looks at the hp values of the bloke and droid and decides burning the bloke would be easy. I point out the droid will enrage but the healer tells me to l2p, that the droid dies when the bloke does. The tank says the healer is right (thats how it works in sm) and then pulls.

Droid enrages, we wipe. Run back and the conversation now consists of:

heal: "dps pick it up, you need to do more"

The tank then pulls. We wipe

Try again, we wipe.

I ask again if they fancy doing the fight properly? the healer tells me not to be elitist then tells the tank to pull again, we wipe. I then start writing out to the n-th degree how the HM mechanics work. The tank says he will do it my way to shut me up. We beat the boss.....Healer ninja loots the jugg tank gear but I am beyond caring now, I just want my comms and get the hell out of there.

Get to wookie fight, I stand close but healer and other dps stand at range. The healer stops healing in order to flame me in chat along the lines "why would a ranged character fight in melee against a boss who has a flamethrower" (I made sure I was always behind the boss so never hit by flamethrower. As the healer is busy typing the tank dies, we wipe.

Second try the healer pulls adds who melt him, we wipe

Third try healer refuses to move close, as such when he gets adds they are outside flamethrower so they kill him.

I decide now to stop trolling the idiot healer and do it myself. I stay close and every time the adds appear I rip them with supressive fire/grenade then run where the tank is to take the adds into the flamethrower (popping shield probe as I do so). We complete the fight at which point the healer explains to me I should stay out of flamethrower. I don't bother answering.

Bonus boss, as both dps are ranged I explain the safe spot by the lift rail. While I am showing them this spot the healer tells me to "stop trying to act pro" and says he wont bother using the safe spot, then tells the tank to pull. He pulls, I rip aggro, boss moves to me so the "safe spot" is now inside the aoe. Tank taunts back, I aggro dump and the tank continues to fight the enemy right next to the safe spot. As such I move away to a place outside the aoe but where I still get pulled in. I therefore try to time my entrench to co-incide with the aoe.

I mention this afterwards, suggesting the tank guard me. The healer points out the guard should be on the healer and I shouldn't taunt (you know, that taunt ability available to snipers).

Get to the final boss and I start going on about shackles. The healer tells me to shut up and pull. Tank pulls with force charge then keeps the boss in the middle of the room. I rip off the tank, the boss starts to move to where it should be, then the jugg taunts again seconds before being killed by the rocket engines. The healer combat res them then tells the tank to follow them. I point out I am now shackled...repeatedly. Nobody takes any notice and I end up being killed by the rockets, to the healers amusement "lol I though you knew it, forgot about rockets?". I tell him about the shackles and he replies theres no freeze mechanic, I am just making up excuses for dieing. The group wipes.

On the way back I explain the shackles thing. The healer tells me not to BS and l2p. We get started and the other sniper gets shackled. I break them and the other snipers see's it. This results in the other sniper dealing with my shackles for me. towards the end the healer gets shackled but the boss is low enough on hp that we can finish the fight without a wipe, so I leave him stuck. He gets killed by the jet as he is shackled and writes in chat "lol, lagged, I couldn't move". We finish the fight, loot, healer ninjas the wrist gear that would have been useful to the other sniper.

Still I eventually got my comms and got out of there.

I can't even... No.. It is impossible to be that clueless..... Please. Tell me you are making this up. Please!!!!!!!! I can't fathom humanity being THAT stupid.

Yesterday at Czerka Core.

Me - 42k Powertech tank, 39k Op heal, 25k jugg and 28k Mara. So not a bad geared group.

We start fighting a group of mobs in one hallway and the Mara decides to run into the next room 2 seconds after we pull the group.

He pulls a mixed group og elite, strong and weak mobs and die within a few seconds. When asked what the hell he was doing he managed to answer: I didn't ninja pull anything!!!

I answered with a simple: You were the only one of us in that room...

He then answered: But i use undying rage so everyone i supposed to die from tech damage in 2 seconds.

I had no answer for that one...

Not sure if he was trolling, drunk, stoned or just plain dumb. Made me laugh thou

I had a similar experience the other day. Well it reminded me of it anyway. So my friend and I did the 3-2-1-go queue joining thing ( like we used to do on phantasy star zero back in the day ) , best to queue not in a group of two DPS. Anyhow to our amazement we both got in a HM Czerka Labs. I zone in and repair and just as I finished typing Hello , I looked up and mobs were running down the stairs following the tank. The healer hadn't zoned in yet. The tank dies me and my friend struggle , tank comes back dies again , I think one of us died too. I think I made a comment like maybe wait for the healer to the tank and he left. So we didn't re-queue as it was late and we didn't have time. Very very strange indeed.

Another one was 2 friends and I , queued for a random tactical. Got Meltdown and the healer announced that they were in PVP gear. I did question why anyone would queue for a PVE mission in PVP gear. Anyway it was late and a huge slog but we managed it . Really not sure how but we did,

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

This is the thing that kills me about new players in general. Most of the time they're willing to listen, take advice and fix themselves up gear wise, or actually take the time to learn the mechanics of a fight, whether it's an operation or a flashpoint. But then you get the nOObs, who used 12xp to zip to 55, have NO idea how to play, what their abilities do, where to get gear, how they should proceed, etc.

When I first got my jugg tank to 55, I did nothing but story modes of flashpoints and operations. I needed the practice and figured the story version weren't as detrimental to the rest of the group if you were learning your way around the new role you chose. But OH NO, not these newbies now-a-days. "Oh I hit 55, time for DP Nim!!' type of mentality. *facepalm*

Sorry, no story this time, but I had to rant cause omgwtfbbq

I've had nothing but great FP experiences recently. The only odd thing I'd had was at the beginning of the Foundry:

Me: hi

Tank: hi

DPS: hello

Other DPS: OH YEA I NEEDZ A NU LIGHTSABER WOOOOOO

'Here we go', thought I. But things turned out perfectly normal from there on.

Then today I get two weird FPs in a row...

First up, SM Foundry. I'm levelling my Op healer. We get a jugg tank I regonise from a couple days ago (s)he's pretty good. One DPS drops straight away 'dinner ready' (we requeue but never get a replacement), second DPS is an Op.

Op DPS pulls out their comp and we pull the first group. I'm getting beaten on my several mobs. Pop all my DCDs and debilitate the mob still beating on me and get back to healing..

Op DPS: healer heal!

Me: keep the ******* mobs off me then

First and only time I've sworn in a FP. Nobody dropped below 70% the whole fight. *confused*

Section with the corridors of giant droids interspersed with packs of trash by the data machines. We clear a trash pack except for a strong mob who is beating on me.

Tank and DPS run off. I stun the droid.

Me: guys

Tank realises what happened and runs back.eanwhile Op DPS engages the next big droid.

We struggle a bit at HK and the bonus boss, but get through both first time. Ops comp goes down to bonus boss' spit as they don't use passive to move them out try as I might I can't heal through it.

Revan. Op DPS has their back to the railings. Revan does his 'mega knockback' and over they go (taking their comp with them)

Op DPS: wth?

That's called a knockback.

Revan hits like a piece of wet celery, so the tank and I are fine until the Op runs back. We finish Revan off and I whisper thanks to the tank... Can't bring myself to thank the Op as I'm still annoyed by their comments about my healing at the beginning.

After that, figure. I'll have a KDY to restore my faith in PUGs.

Me L41 Op healer. L43 jugg dps with Kuat title. L26 Mara DPS and LVL 27 DPS. Should be a cinch, right?

First stage, starfighter assembly. I thought things were weird when we were by the Elite droid.

Me: Elite?

L26 Mara engages. Jugg and other Mara run to the other side of the consoles. I watch them on the mini map running around in circles. Eventually, they join the fight.

Second stage, Armoury. Both maras and I go one way into a pack of trash. Jugg goes the other way, runs a circle round pretty much the whole area brings all the trash on top of us. We wipe.

Clear everything except the defence droid. L26 Mara and I start clearing trash in corridor. Jugg and other Mara run away again. I look at area map - they are both back in the starting room, running in circles.

Me: where are you going?

No reply. I'm starting to think I'm being trolled.

Boss, sticky grenade guy. L26 Mara and I follow the bomb disposal mechanics. Jugg runs to and activates a heal station whenever hit with a sticky bomb, but still takes bomb damage and is out of my heal range.

L27 Mara ignore mechanic totally and goes down right next to boss. Jugg goes down soon after. I try to stealth rez, but get interupted by AOE so that's the end of that.

Jugg and Mara run back. Mara this time comes with us for the next bomb disposal mechanic, but then ignores it after that and goes down again. Jugg caries on with health station routine.

Mara runs back and we clear FP.

I whisper the L26 Mara 'thx. that was harder than it should have been'

Mara: yeah. hard. thx for heals

TL,DR: weird people be weird

Edited by peedeeboy

I think, in BFJ case, that it isn't patience. I'm really beginning to think BFJ is some kind of masochist. To accept to suffer through so much BS for a few comms.

Half and half really. Tbh these sorts of things are common (though usually its only 1 or 2 bads, not 2 bads and a 3rd who doesn't speak up at all). The reasons I put up with it:

1. You grow accustomed to it, as such it stops being annoying and just funny (though I will never bring myself to read how much my repair bill costs, I just close my eyes and click)
  2. If its possible to work with these people imagine how good I feel when I get a group in which all 4 of us are the types who have learnt to work with and put up with these bads....pure bliss
  3. If I quit and re-queue I will be waiting about 1 hour, and even with the most pathetic group its probably quicker to stay with it

By far the main reason to stick with it is:

Theres no guarantee the next group will be any better

Edited by BobFredJohn

Half and half really. Tbh these sorts of things are common (though usually its only 1 or 2 bads, not 2 bads and a 3rd who doesn't speak up at all). The reasons I put up with it:

1. You grow accustomed to it, as such it stops being annoying and just funny (though I will never bring myself to read how much my repair bill costs, I just close my eyes and click)
  2. If its possible to work with these people imagine how good I feel when I get a group in which all 4 of us are the types who have learnt to work with and put up with these bads....pure bliss
  3. If I quit and re-queue I will be waiting about 1 hour, and even with the most pathetic group its probably quicker to stay with it

By far the main reason to stick with it is:

Theres no guarantee the next group will be any better

Fair point

This happened a while back, but know exactly what happened - made a printscreen about the conversation.

False emperor fp. We had a not-so-well geared tank (guardian), 2 not-so-well geared dps (a guardian (DPS1) and a sentinel (DPS2)) and me as healer (quite good gear). This was the last fp I needed for the personal conquest reward and for some reason I had to wait for like an hour for the pop, which happend around midnight (it was either Saturday or Sunday, but either way, I just wanted it to be over as soon as possible and finish conquesting).

We all agreed to do a fast run with the bonus boss too.

At the beginning of the mob packs I always did damage to make things faster but making sure noone dies or even comes near to death. Also, because I soloed the false emperor a lot of times for the decorations, I knew exactly which packs should be pulled, left alone, ... etc for the bonus + which ones are easier, faster to kill.

The other thing I did was to go in as first, I could heal it out easily, the others could leap on mobs, so this was good way of showing them which packs to kill.

First miniboss: one of the dps died in the red circle aoe part and it became clear that the tank isn't tanking well either.

Packs to the first boss: did everything the way I did before (pulling the packs that needed to be killed), and then DPS1 told me to stay back, since I am a healer, I shouldn't kill adds, just heal and let the tank do his thing. Did not say anything but for the following adds I did not go in first, just attacked after the tank pulled.

Jindo Krey: I know what the tactics for the fight are supposed to be, but if we do that, the boss will be immune for attacks for quite some time, so I tell this to the team, along with the message, that I've done this before, just attack the boss, don't use the console, let the airship fire, I can heal it out and it will be faster.

The tank starts the fight, when the ship starts firing he runs to the console and pushes it.

Me: dont use the console

Tank loses aggro because of pressing the console. But not taunts.

DPS1: taunt him tank

Tank taunts, fight goes on, when the ship comes DPS1 decides to press the console.

Me: just dps

3rd time they press the console.

Me: DO NOT PRESS THE CONSOLE (you know, maybe they'll see it better with caps)

DPS1: jesus christ

The boss is still well over 60% hp, but after this, they finally stop pressing it and even though we get to the 400% dmg part, I can easily heal it out, everyone over 80-90% hp, I can dps a bit too and at last (after what seemed to be eternity) the boss dies.

And then this happened in the chat:

Me: /cry

Me: why are you pressing?

Me: any healer can heal this out

(the senti needs and wins the heavy armor loot)

Me: if you press the console it gets immune and the fight gets really long

DPS2 has initiated a vote to kick you from the group. Reason:

You have been removed from the groupfinder group by a vote kick.

Well, at this point I had a little enrage.. my guildmate asked me what happened on teamspeak and I told him the story. He immediately logged over to healer, and when gf popped right away, he got the group that kicked me, entered it and had a chat with them.. turned out I was annoying so they kicked me. Then he left the group and helped me do an fp for the conquest.

I ignored those 3 ppl and went to sleep.

The next day my guildmate told me that before he went to sleep, which was around 1 or 2 in the morning, just out of curiousity he entered the gf queue, got an insta pop with a fp already in progress, with those 3 ppl, still in that fp, still just after the first boss. Guess it was better for them to wait than have an annoying healer.

This happened a while back, but know exactly what happened - made a printscreen about the conversation.

False emperor fp. We had a not-so-well geared tank (guardian), 2 not-so-well geared dps (a guardian (DPS1) and a sentinel (DPS2)) and me as healer (quite good gear). This was the last fp I needed for the personal conquest reward and for some reason I had to wait for like an hour for the pop, which happend around midnight (it was either Saturday or Sunday, but either way, I just wanted it to be over as soon as possible and finish conquesting).

At the beginning of the mob packs I always did damage to make things faster but making sure noone dies or even comes near to death. Also, because I soloed the false emperor a lot of times for the decorations, I knew exactly which packs should be pulled, left alone, ... etc for the bonus + which ones are easier, faster to kill.

The other thing I did was to go in as first, I could heal it out easily, the others could leap on mobs, so this was good way of showing them which packs to kill.

First miniboss: one of the dps died in the red circle aoe part and it became clear that the tank isn't tanking well either.

Packs to the first boss: did everything the way I did before (pulling the packs that needed to be killed), and then DPS1 told me to stay back, since I am a healer, I shouldn't kill adds, just heal and let the tank do his thing. Did not say anything but for the following adds I did not go in first, just attacked after the tank pulled.

Jindo Krey: I know what the tactics for the fight are supposed to be, but if we do that, the boss will be immune for attacks for quite some time, so I tell this to the team, along with the message, that I've done this before, just attack the boss, don't use the console, let the airship fire, I can heal it out and it will be faster.

The tank starts the fight, when the ship starts firing he runs to the console and pushes it.

Tank taunts, fight goes on, when the ship comes DPS1 decides to press the console.

The boss is still well over 60% hp, but after this, they finally stop pressing it and even though we get to the 400% dmg part, I can easily heal it out, everyone over 80-90% hp, I can dps a bit too and at last (after what seemed to be eternity) the boss dies.

Well, at this point I had a little enrage.. my guildmate asked me what happened on teamspeak and I told him the story. He immediately logged over to healer, and when gf popped right away, he got the group that kicked me, entered it and had a chat with them.. turned out I was annoying so they kicked me. Then he left the group and helped me do an fp for the conquest.

The next day my guildmate told me that before he went to sleep, which was around 1 or 2 in the morning, just out of curiousity he entered the gf queue, got an insta pop with a fp already in progress, with those 3 ppl, still in that fp, still just after the first boss. Guess it was better for them to wait than have an annoying healer.

I do understand why you didn,t want them to follow the mechanics but you could also have sucked it up and DPS more instead of healing. I prefer seeing people following mechanics when they don,t need to then seeing people not following them when they actually need to.

Sorry but you were the odd one here.

Here's another story I have, which I'm sure the majority of you guys can probably relate to.

Whether my experience is an op or flashpoint via group finder, a guild ran raid, or even a pug raid, the ONE major thing I have encountered every single damn time is the lack of raid awareness.

People standing in stupid, people not moving when they need to, not paying attention when npcs pop and a mass affliction of three go off, etc.

Every single time I've done a raid or flashpoint, you have at least ONE person who dies to something that could have been prevented by paying attention. I know lag happens, mouse controls via wireless lose battery power, a storm hits, etc. These are things out of our control for the most part, but I'm talking aside from 'acts of God/Karma/bad luck' they brought it on themselves.

Plus, I always hear from people 'oh I've done this op/fp a million times!' Me: Oh, so you can heal it this time instead of dpsing it? Them: Noooo. I don't know what the healers do!

Me: -_- You....heal us?

Them: That's all?

Me: Pretty much and you know, same crap you do as a dps you do as a healer, just this time around you focus on healing.

Them: Okay.

Same if it's a tank switching to dps, dps switching to tank, healer switching to tank, etc

The mechanics are the same no matter what role you do. Just you'll be doing something job wise, differently.

Maybe it's me, and I'm the only one who thinks it's best to learn what all the roles do, even if all you ever do is one job for the next 10 years. *shrug*

Maybe it's me, and I'm the only one who thinks it's best to learn what all the roles do, even if all you ever do is one job for the next 10 years. *shrug*

Lol I wish. The amount of abuse I got when leveling my shadow tank and running mando raiders over and over again. Only 1 group of all the runs (about 11) didn't complain about me not tanking the first boss properly because I didn't hold aggro on the dogs.

I don't mind being told I am doing it wrong as long as they then proceed to tell me how to be better, theres no point saying "your useless" without writing "try doing....". And of course those people that tell me I am tanking wrong because I didn't hold the dogs in the first boss of mando piss me off even more.

People should learn the fight from every role before considering themselves an expert.

Well finally got something to post here. Had only good and enjoyable runs from 12x exp.

This story isn't that bad, just some stuff that hit me.

TFB gf on my guardian tank. My guardian tank is a result of 12x exp (sortoff, got 12x at lv48) and I have not yet geared the guy (bolster ftw).

Queue had 1 hour left and someone had lockout till end boss. We all agreed to do only the last boss so off we go.

My co-tank is a 44k-ish hp euhm... something tank class (not important anyway).

I still had my taunts at dps locations so my agro sucked for the first tentacle but after that not much problems (and dps agro dropped :) )

Phase 2 is where the fun started. My co-tank thought, hey let's solo tank this. So I taunt the boss during scream and the boss starts hitting me. Me being bolstered I decided to add a DCD to help the healers a bit. Co-tank uses taunt to get the boss again, I follow up with an AoE taunt.

My co-tank keeps doing this taunting thing, at some point his debuff wore off so I just gave him it and typed in chat to only taunt off me after scream.

Weird enough, he actually read the text during chat.

Next is SaV gf same guardian. I get in the group early and people start to doubt me (19k hp ftw).

- We got a tiny tank

- doesn't matter, I can spec off tank if necessary

- It is a really tiny tank

- etc...

I assure them that I know the fight (tanked often enough in hm) and that bolster will help me. My co-tank (44k-hp endurance stacked shadow) doubted me even more and assured the group that he could solo tank this.......

First boss my co-tank is MT and I taunt when he gets send flying and I deal with mini dogs and shield.

Second boss I have add duty which overall isn't that hard.

Third boss I get sniper duty (leap ftw).

Boss wise he seems fine, now how about the trash pulls so far?

He waits, I have to start all the fights while he wants to main tank -_-

I often AoE taunt + reflect for ranged adds but ALWAYS waits with his AoE taunt to use 1 second after mine -_-

Turns Carvers to raid, including at last money boss................................................................

During Olok and Warlords he was a bit more cooperative. During some droids on olok I mentioned I would AoE taunt and reflect, he did not taunt the first few seconds :eek:

He got boss again and I grabbed adds, but this time decided by me :p

Warlords he takes tu.....ugly pig and I take Sunder.

Styrak...............................

Dragon went nice, he started and I grabbed after he got strangled.

Styrak I start since he was being strangled and he actually let me tank it 0.o But he also turned blind.

I get pushed or pulled or whatever and Styrak turns to the raid. I guardian leap back to the group and taunt Styrak, 1 second later he started taunting as well (*sigh*).

Same thing went on until Dragon revived. I grab dragon and he hits Styrak...

The stacks grow, I'm still a squishy bolstered tank, my DCD at some point are all used and the dragon's stacks are growing. So I die and get revived after dragon is dead.

I get jumping Styrak under the bridge and co-tank stands in the middle of the area and taunts him back.......

Overall not that bad of an experience. Really pushed me to learn guardian tanking on the run :)

Had a slightly peculiar run of HM Czerka Core Meltdown.

I queue up as my Commando, get slotted as healer for a run in progress. It's me (36k HP) alongside a Guardian tank (41k HP) and two Sentinels (27k and 29k HP) who are from the same guild. They've already downed the Enhanced Vrblthr and are waiting at the Duneclaw. Apparently the previous healer was a prima donna and quit after being given some advice.

We engage our spaghetti and charge in at the Duneclaw. The tank handles the fight like a pro, positioning well and Guardian Leaping to me when I HTL my butt over to the generator; we didn't eat a single extra Rampage. However, DPS is a bit low, and halfway through the fight I realize why.

One of the Sents is Combat (I see the Precision buff coming up) and the other is Watchman (Merciless buff). Unfortunately, the Watchman Sent isn't in a lightsaber form at all. I tell him this, get a confused reaction. The Combat Sent tells him to look in his abilities...and switches to Juyo form, to demonstrate I guess? The Watchman Sent applies Shii-Cho form, which I guess is better than nothing, and we finish downing the boss.

I ask publicly if I am being rused. No response. I whisper the tank and point out that the Sents are both in the wrong stance, and that we are almost certainly being rused. The tank whispers back that she doesn't care, just wants her comms. The Sents stay in the wrong forms.

We actually cleared the rest of the FP without any deaths, despite DerPS standing in lightning on The Vigilant and messing up kill order on the cores. (That was partly my fault; one of the Sents was new to the fight and I accidentally told him we'd go counterclockwise despite us going clockwise the way everyone does.) Tank and I pretty much handled most of the adds on our own. The last core we killed was actually one of the upper ones, so we all ate an 11k hit right as the boss came down. Ah well, good tanking and prudent use of Supercharged Cell got us through it in one piece.

You were in the wrong, and your guildie was as well for supporting your shenanigans. The fight is easily done using the mechanics, and your nattering only made what could have been a smooth run annoying. If we search the thread I wouldn't be surprised to find this story from their perspective =p

Edited by Prototypemind