"Collected Writings of Tiethiagg" mission is too tedious!

Vitas

I just wish the puzzle had been a genuine challenge rather than a test of patience.

Put it in a phase, make it optional, and then rack up the difficulty.

The biggest hurdle to most players were the other players and that's never a good situation. Unless it's PvP ;)

Might as welll make your own "event" so you will have sooooo much fun.

Might as welll make your own "event" so you will have sooooo much fun.

Not really what I was trying to suggest. I do that every day when I play, get rid ot the companion or remove some gear to increase fight difficulty etc...

What I was trying to get across is that I'd like to see content for a solo player, and a scavanger hunt is an ideal form for this, that is challenging. Puzzles that make you scratch your head and think through without being so obscure you'd rather just google a guide site. Or timed fights/ puzzles that see how good your rotations are or co-ordination is.

And it has to be optional because at the end of the day not everyone will be able to do it.

Not really what I was trying to suggest. I do that every day when I play, get rid ot the companion or remove some gear to increase fight difficulty etc...

What I was trying to get across is that I'd like to see content for a solo player, and a scavanger hunt is an ideal form for this, that is challenging. Puzzles that make you scratch your head and think through without being so obscure you'd rather just google a guide site. Or timed fights/ puzzles that see how good your rotations are or co-ordination is.

And it has to be optional because at the end of the day not everyone will be able to do it.

All right, I understand. Thank you for clarifying. And I am sorry if I sounded rude. Just sick hearing all of these rants about the event. Nice idea though. The "option", I assume, will work for those who are so furious about the puzzle being VERY difficult. Yes, there should've been like the BEGINNER, EASY, NORMAL, EXPERT options.

And oh, "black and white" for the color puzzle since some are claiming that they're colourblind and could not determine which ring was yellor or green. I can admit I am starting to sound sarcastic, but I am not really. :)

Sounds like some people just want to play a single player game and if that's the case, then enjoy lvling 1-49 in your own instanced story, but these events are meant to encourage community and friendly competition which is exactly what it's done. There is enough single player instanced community-breaker content in SWTOR already. Enjoy the quest for what it is... if you're having a hard time because you have to actually deal with other players, then come back later. late tonight most the crowds will have thinned out. But don't argue for more community breaking content. You already have 8 slices 1-49 heavily instanced lvling content that can be treated like a single player game. That's a lot of content. These events are one of the few things this game has left to build community and encourage people to play and deal with each other. And it succeeds because it ISN'T instanced. Edited by BadSpice

Sounds like some people just want to play a single player game and if that's the case, then enjoy lvling 1-49 in your own instanced story, but these events are meant to encourage community and friendly competition which is exactly what it's done. There is enough single player instanced community-breaker content in SWTOR already. Enjoy the quest for what it is... if you're having a hard time because you have to actually deal with other players, then come back later. late tonight most the crowds will have thinned out. But don't argue for more community breaking content. You already have 8 slices 1-49 heavily instanced lvling content that can be treated like a single player game. That's a lot of content. These events are one of the few things this game has left to build community and encourage people to play and deal with each other. And it succeeds because it ISN'T instanced.

The Rakghoul event probably. But how does this event having 20-30 people fight over the same puzzle "build community?" Even if they grouped up, they'd separate right after it was done, get their prizes, and move on.

The Rakghoul event probably. But how does this event having 20-30 people fight over the same puzzle "build community?" Even if they grouped up, they'd separate right after it was done, get their prizes, and move on.

Of Course they move on! It's not a commitment. You don't have to marry the people you group with. The point is, they teamed up in the first place, acknowledging each other's existence. THAT is the point. People then have the power to make a clean break or exchange buddy info, it's really case by case. But getting folks to interact at all is a monumental achievement in SWTOR. I know it runs contrary to a lot of the single player-esque systems in place in the game. But with this event people are teaming up with strangers and actually playing together to complete these quests, it's awesome. I'm grouping with people I don't know, and complete strangers are lending a hand to me. Instance it off and you'll get NONE of that interaction.

The Rakghoul Plague was good, especially for a public that had no sense or expectation as to how good the game's events could be. From what I saw of it, it helped build community too. I wasnt able to enjoy all of it because I had a very intensive college schedule at the time. However I am fully participating the Acquisition and these quests are clever, invigorating and encouraging some of the best impromptu grouping I've seen in SWTOR, which is what an MMO should be all about in the long hall. And I loved bumping shoulders with live and friendly players all competing for the "Collected Writings of Teithiagg" quest. Bioware has given to social players a great gift with this event and this quest.

I deleted my Snuffler Droid Bonus mission and thus have no way of attaining the Mask, is there any way i can fix this? Iv'e got all other items and completed the "story" quest. I just cannot access the crate to get the droid and cannot get teh code cylinder back from my contact, dropping the main mission did not give me the in game mail back. Edited by Tylerlee

Sounds like some people just want to play a single player game and if that's the case, then enjoy lvling 1-49 in your own instanced story, but these events are meant to encourage community and friendly competition which is exactly what it's done. There is enough single player instanced community-breaker content in SWTOR already. Enjoy the quest for what it is... if you're having a hard time because you have to actually deal with other players, then come back later. late tonight most the crowds will have thinned out. But don't argue for more community breaking content. You already have 8 slices 1-49 heavily instanced lvling content that can be treated like a single player game. That's a lot of content. These events are one of the few things this game has left to build community and encourage people to play and deal with each other. And it succeeds because it ISN'T instanced.

Where is all this single-player designed content? The story areas are unfortunately few and far between. You still often end up chasing mobs and mission items due to Bioware dumping the remnants of other servers onto the few remaining.

Not the players' fault that flashpoints are ignored except for social runs and that wazrones apparently don't build community. Don't forget the months of spamming 'LFG' that surely built ties..

Does it really take an hour to reset?

WHY!!!!!!!

My internet dropped doing this and I come back a few minutes later and can't click anything.

So I abandoned the bonus quest and still can't click anything, nor get the bonus quest back! I don't especially want to redo as I've sunk a few hours into the prior quests of the chain...

Internet didn't fail but I abandoned it and waited a few minutes and haven't been able to click anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Did I see the words "friendly competition" in this thread somewhere? That was a joke...right?

Unless 50+ people packed into a tiny room all screaming at each other using invectives I can't repeat here is "friendly".

Yes. Fail.

(this quest is what made me abandon the event on four toons- might there be a "friendlier" server I don't know about? if so please do tell, I'll roll there asap)

The mission "Collected Writings of Tiethiagg" for the The Grand Acquisitions Race event is just annoying having to do. I don't really understand the 2 minute time limit not to mention the 1 hour wait for it to reset whether you succeeded or failed, perhaps the prior would make sense for the long wait. It's very impossible to even try to complete it when 20 other players are around you interacting with the consoles themselves. You have the mirrors and laser positioned right but then other players keep moving them so they can do it.

Unless they fixed something, there is no timer to wait. The first time I went to do this, I did it wrong and it reset. I immediately went over to the datapad and clicked it again, and the puzzle began again immediately.

Did I see the words "friendly competition" in this thread somewhere? That was a joke...right?

Unless 50+ people packed into a tiny room all screaming at each other using invectives I can't repeat here is "friendly".

Yes. Fail.

(this quest is what made me abandon the event on four toons- might there be a "friendlier" server I don't know about? if so please do tell, I'll roll there asap)

Just started some new toons on CR to make some Pubs. Other server is Shadowlands. The two don't even compare. CR is packed with inconsiderate A-holes and My highest level toon is only 13. I can only imagine how much worse it gets with level increase. Maybe due to the server populations now? I never had to wait around for mobs to spawn to get bonus objectives before. Then you wait at a spawn point and start hitting a mob and , yep, some A-hole just jumps in it. Or maybe it's Pubs? I'd expect that more from the "darkside"!!! LOL

I deleted my Snuffler Droid Bonus mission and thus have no way of attaining the Mask, is there any way i can fix this? Iv'e got all other items and completed the "story" quest. I just cannot access the crate to get the droid and cannot get teh code cylinder back from my contact, dropping the main mission did not give me the in game mail back.

I m having the same problem, accidentally deleted the same quest that started by getting an item from a mail, now i cant restart the quest in order to get Akar Kesh Meditation Mask, any solution to this?

Of Course they move on! It's not a commitment. You don't have to marry the people you group with. The point is, they teamed up in the first place, acknowledging each other's existence. THAT is the point. People then have the power to make a clean break or exchange buddy info, it's really case by case. But getting folks to interact at all is a monumental achievement in SWTOR. I know it runs contrary to a lot of the single player-esque systems in place in the game. But with this event people are teaming up with strangers and actually playing together to complete these quests, it's awesome. I'm grouping with people I don't know, and complete strangers are lending a hand to me. Instance it off and you'll get NONE of that interaction.

The Rakghoul Plague was good, especially for a public that had no sense or expectation as to how good the game's events could be. From what I saw of it, it helped build community too. I wasnt able to enjoy all of it because I had a very intensive college schedule at the time. However I am fully participating the Acquisition and these quests are clever, invigorating and encouraging some of the best impromptu grouping I've seen in SWTOR, which is what an MMO should be all about in the long hall. And I loved bumping shoulders with live and friendly players all competing for the "Collected Writings of Teithiagg" quest. Bioware has given to social players a great gift with this event and this quest.

so you didnt run into the guy clicking the mirrors to make sure you failed the quest. great community you live in. that guy wasnt interested in a team..he was just interested in screwing with people.