Jedi Knight and Kira

krisslanza

The Council doesn't explicitly state that Kira is to be your Padawan when she joins your mission; instead, it's left as implicitly understood, which I agree was probably too subtle.

Padawans are rarely sent on missions without their master. You may have only recently been promoted to Knighthood, but she still needed a teacher while her original master was on her own mission to Tatooine, so you became her mentor by default when she was assigned to travel with you.

It's also not an informal situation, as becomes very clear as your class story progresses. She is your Padawan, officially.

(I attempted to use the name of Kira's original master above, but the forum software is apparently censoring it.)

Edited by psychogobstopper

She's obviously close to knighthood herself if she was sent to go along with a newly promoted jedi knight. I think at the most it was pretty much just helping her fine polish her skills and help her with the more philosophical stuff.

Yes, she even says that herself. She's basically like what Obi-Wan was in Ep. I.

Hehehe.... Well, if Revan can seduce Bastila, and Satele Shan's relationship with that trooper guy, I think the Jedi Order are okay with it.

Remember the part where Kira says, "We just need Master Satele's alibi, smart lady" ;)

However getting back to the point, yeah once you have Kira as your Padawan, she learns a lot from you but as the journey progresses you determine the fate on whether or not she becomes a Jedi Knight. I don't think there was an option NOT to make her become a Jedi Knight though.

Edited by Satelerevan

I thought it was forbidden for a Jedi to seduce to get their padawan in bed?

It's forbidden for them to love in general, but we all know they do it. If they didn't, we wouldn't have as many jedi around would we? At least, not long-reaching clans/families of them...