Updated Unassembled Component Rates - 5.1.2

EricMusco

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We want to be really careful of how many Components are awarded from losses, specifically to combat AFKers in PvP. We will monitor post 5.1.2 and make further adjustments as needed!

-eric

Such rates would be ok if the gear actually was dropping from command crates ..

How will the situation that from 100 crates you get 0 yellow pieces be adressed in near future ? :rak_02:

I'll probably receive a lot of hate. But some of you guys, are ridiculous !

Why don't you ask BW to giveaway full 242 to everyone so that you don't need to farm at all? Why do you think the gearing needs to be easy? We even got 250% cxp bonus !!.. I think the changes are good, more components from matches and components from daily and weekly will make a huge difference comparable to what it was.

And I know that untill now, gsf was the best way to get components, I also got my most components from gsf, but honestly, it's not fair to get more components from content that does NOT require gear AT ALL.

I think these are good changes, thank you !

But now maybe we'll have some changes that really matters? Like classes maybe?

Edited by Tibi-Fit

Why don't you ask BW to giveaway full 242 to everyone so that you don't need to farm at all? Why do you think the gearing needs to be easy? I think the changes are good, more components from matches and components from daily and weekly will make a huge difference comparable to what it was.

And I know that untill now, gsf was the best way to get components, I also got my most components from gsf, but honestly, it's not fair to get more components from content that does NOT require gear AT ALL.

QFT

/5char

Why don't you ask BW to giveaway full 242 to everyone so that you don't need to farm at all? Why do you think the gearing needs to be easy? We even got 250% cxp bonus !!.. I think the changes are good, more components from matches and components from daily and weekly will make a huge difference comparable to what it was.

That's exactly what they want. The crybabies at least.

We want to be really careful of how many Components are awarded from losses, specifically to combat AFKers in PvP. We will monitor post 5.1.2 and make further adjustments as needed!

-eric

Then why not look at other stats as well?

I mean, some of us suck at PvP but we're still active participants who are at least trying and not just standing around to soak up the rewards.

-eric

So you try hard, reach the top of the pvp board for that match, have 16-20 medals and leave with 3 pieces over being in a group you can't control and that sounds fair to you? I am quickly losing any desire to play. The rng crates drop garbage!

As long as there is no class balance, better rewards for wining is one more insertitive to play the most unbalanced classes.

Bioware should focus at making the PVP balanced before thinking to rewards. The current state is awful already to not leave the OP classes to gear faster.

Edited by Nkya

Why don't you ask BW to giveaway full 242 to everyone so that you don't need to farm at all?

Because it is about skill in the PVP and not about Gear. Just leave the Gear Crap to the pve players. There can be no gear differences in the PVP.

Games like Guild Wars 2 and Overwatch have always done this.

-eric

I can understand that reason however can you understand this reasoning on what else is an issue.

So low amounts for loss helps a bit to stop afkers in wzs. But now creates even more problems for those that solo q in reg wzs.This will promote more premades that all ready exists and we now will see more fotm mercs snipers premades in wzs farming the unassembeleds. I mean i don't know bout other servers but i can tell you im pretty sick of seeing on jc wz overloaded with these 2 classes and 3 to 4 sorc/sage heals. Not only does this make the wz take forever but creates more frustration for people that chose to solo q in regs. So no i dont believe your adjustment is good enough.

Ranged in swtor needs to be more balanced like you have done with melee, and it needs to be addressed or this upgrade to unnassembeleds was really a waste of time. While doing this as well you have not addressed or fixed the rnged galactic crates so we still at same time are dealing with a really crappy loot table. Seriously i cant give you any praise for this idea. you took 3 weeks to come up with more of a mockery to your gearing system.

What part of we want to play our alts and be able to gear them in a reasonable time are you guys not understanding over there ?

Edited by falkron-kerupt

How about a new daily or weekly to get 200 medals or something so people are incentivised to try a bit more? Maybe its a bit pointless since these days you get 14 medals in like the first 5 mins of the match without even trying but it might help. Edited by DarthZaul

I don't like having to play PVP to get the best gear for my favourite PvE encounters. Numbers would have to be much higher than the ones you're planning for me not to feel forced to do sth I don't like doing in the first place.

I'd agree gearing was to easy in 4.0, but that was mostly due to highlighted HM operations.

Before that gearing in both PvE and PvP was better than in any state of the game past 5.0.

You moved the speed of gearing from depending on skill and organiszation to depending on mere play time. This really, really puts me off.

Are you kidding me pve is still much faster way of aquiring gear and unnasembelds.

1 full month playing atleast 8 hours a day on a deception sin that just got 300 gc rating not playing any other alt and i have 1 piece of 242 gear from a galactic crate. Not being able to play any of my alts because im trying to finish gearing one toon for over a month is not a good enough solution to helping people gear alts.

I am getting sick of wasting time playing this game on just 1 character .

Still can't understand why we can't make this Uc's available trough legacy. I can't micromanage my toons. We are FORCED to play 1 or 2 toons and that's it. Seems i can get bored on playing my jugg and then play my GS. I just have to stick into 1.

What if i want to play my dailies in ALL my Level 70 toons but use the Uc's i collect for just 2 of them ?? What happens to the guys the are hooked by planetary invasions and other guilded activities??

It's no only gear, wich in fact is a mess there are other things you can do with alt's in game an u guys are REDUCING all those activities.

At thi spoint i don't even care how many u get per win or whatever...just let me use them as i please, and if we have BOL bags and TOKENS wich is the problem of making the Uc's BOL ????

Can't believe u guys are not seeing this

• Dev Post
Are they bound to legacy??????????????????????????????

Not with 5.1.2. We know Components being available to your Legacy is something that is highly desired. We are still looking at how to address that and when we would be able to do so. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

-eric

Eric - As you're looking into this, perhaps consider making it easier to eject those folks from warzones. As it is, there must be several votes to kick a player from the group before they are ejected, and many players are just not willing to stop and take the time to vote kick. Perhaps set it up so that if a player initiates a kick, then it places the target on a timer (no longer than 1 min) so that if they do not move or do not initiate combat in that time, they are booted.

Competitive players notice very quickly when one or more "teammates" are leeching. And, frankly, how many rewards bots and afk'ers get mean very little to the rest of us compared to our game play experience. We want to enjoy warzones, and there's nothing enjoyable about five or six versus eight over and over and over again because we're constantly getting this dead weight on our teams.

Not with 5.1.2. We know Components being available to your Legacy is something that is highly desired. We are still looking at how to address that and when we would be able to do so. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Ty for ur answer

Even if it's for Riot control this is needed. Players will be busy micro managing their toons and not rioting against this new system

Viva la Revolucion!

Then go play Guild Wars 2 and Overwatch and be done with it. We have enough crying ppl here.

I've been playing Guild Wars 1 since 2005 and Guild Wars 2 for many years, and I've been doing Overwatch since the beginning. And i play World of Warcraft also. It is not bad if you are not so limited. You can then compare and see the strengths and the weaknesses of the games.

And btw: I've been here since the beta and have the Collectors Editon and you?

-eric

This is my opinion about your entire work and cautiously-blazing-fast-reaction time about the largest game breaking issues this game ever seen which is an amazing cause of your thorough work over there behind your computers and fancy meeting rooms.

The entire player base is at this point of how they would deal with you guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSFZktZNySg

also:

(devs = Mr. Garrison)

-eric

The problem is that more people are quitting warzones now that losses get so few components when compared to wins. For every problem that you try to solve you create another. Just give us warzone comms and gear drops on every boss in operations already, and stop trying to fix a broken system.

The problem is that more people are quitting warzones now that losses get so few components when compared to wins. For every problem that you try to solve you create another. Just give us warzone comms and gear drops on every boss in operations already, and stop trying to fix a broken system.

Not every one does pve which is why this was to support those people who only want to pvp. Which is also why there was no increase for pve drops because it all ready is a faster method to gearing then pvp .Stop trying to turn this into a pve issue as it is not.

Good question! Currently, GSF is a great source of both Components and CXP so we really wanted to focus on getting Warzones to a better place with 5.1.2. After the changes go live Tuesday we will continue to monitor to see how Component gains look. We are absolutely open to adding Components to those Missions in the future if needed.

-eric

That doesn't really answer the question, though. You could've and should've done both.

Currently in the game, PvP Missions do not award any Unassembled Components. In 5.1.2 we will be adding them onto all of the Mission rewards. Here are their values:

• Warzone Daily: 12
  • Warzone Weekly: 40
  • Solo Ranked Daily: 16
  • Solo Ranked Weekly: 30
  • Group Ranked Solo: 20
  • Group Ranked Weekly: 60

As others have said....

Why nothing for GSF daily/weekly missions?