3+ more months of Denova?

Correction, they changed a mechanic in it that was not really an issue, to apparently make it easier (personally cant see what the problem was in the first place) and subsequently broke it because obviously noone tested it before release...

##So now as usual you have 100s of guild waiting for OP resets on Tuesday unable to complete the said ops, further pissing players off.......

But no worries F2P is coming, yep cant wait for that to break the game completely..

Hence my original comment. No one can break them out of stealth. Regardless of how they went about it, or what their intentions were, my comment stands. They broke it and no one can pull them out of stealth. Finite.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you are right, Mavery, I guess we just have to wait and see. I don't see how they could release much else in August if its not on the PTS yet.

Don't you know? BW doesn't test content anymore. They just let buggy patches that could've been cleaned up with even minimal internal testing go live, even if they make the latest (erm... highest-tiered) content unplayable. >.>

Impossible Mode sounds like total fun. o.O

Don't you know? BW doesn't test content anymore. They just let buggy patches that could've been cleaned up with even minimal internal testing go live, even if they make the latest (erm... highest-tiered) content unplayable. >.>

Hmm maybe you are right, so we CAN expect the new operation this month after all, we just should expect it with Impossible Mode active. :cool:

Personally I already expect the new patch in october, just too many signs pointing to it. :(

GW2 release in august, MoP in september, new patch in october, about a month before F2P so everything can see the new shiny things and get a taste of it, so we are more willing to pay for it a month later.

Incorrect. NiM is supposed to be all new mechanics, not just an additional 1 mechanic and and more hps/dmg, etc. All along in our conversations with the Dev's NiM would be on the PTS for balance testing.

this may be but I think denova by now is coming out of everyone's ears by now.

im really happy so many people are getting tired of it. my guild was never able to get a full clear of echm, and because of this people ended up leaving the game. this caused us to no longer be able to run echm, and now we all go our seperate ways on op nights, and fill spots in other guilds' runs. because people in guilds that have echm on farm are now leaving (out of boredom), it makes room for us to fill those spots... so we can finally get the loot we were never able to get.

awesome

Well the more and more they talk about Nightmare EC the more it sounds like we will get Terror From Beyond first. Which well wouldnt even be that bad, lots of guilds are bored of Denova itself. Personally I think some new mechanics and increased difficulty will make it appear very fresh, howevers other just want to leave the place.

But having said that, apart from KP and EV being a bit too easy (and thus boring), after a couple of months of just Denova on my main, when I went back to EV/KP with my alt, it was pretty fun purely cause it was a change of scenery despite having farmed it for months before April 12th.

So in that same sense, if we get Terror first, and then get Nightmare EC like 3+ months down the line, it may very well feel very refreshing. Guess it just all depends how they sort out the tiers.

NMM Denova after Terror would be kinda pointless unless NNM Denova was harder and had better loot than NMM Terror.

I personally would probably go back and do it because I am a completionist, but I don't think the community as a whole would bother.

They didn't say it was above 500k, they said that 500k was the cut off for it to be profitable.

But this is not the topic of the thread, please stop spamming.

Less than a million, but much more than 500,000.

WoW is down to 9mill now actually, not that it matters..

5 Million of which are Chinese, which were just recently released to the third expansion (it has to be completely reskinned because of Government and Cultural censorship), have a completely different network, hosted by a completely different company, playing a completely different client. Activision and Vivendi see bupkis from the Chinese market.

As such, it's a padded number, and means little else.

Thus, one can more accurately assess that Warcraft held 4,000,000 subscriptions to the European, American, and Korean markets.

Just keep your eyes peeled next Tues-Thur . I'm really hoping they give some specific news about the future Ops during GamesCon. at the very least someone attending should ask during the Q&A

If the Q&A is anything like their current here, they will ignore the question.

Thus, one can more accurately assess that Warcraft held 4,000,000 subscriptions to the European, American, and Korean markets.

And how many of them bought a year's subscription so they would get Diablo 3 for free?

This interview

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/feature/6609/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Free-to-Play-This-Fall.html

makes it sound like there will be no new content other than the world event before the game goes f2p. Is this true? I think Denova is an awesome Op, but I can't see myself clearing four bosses over and over for another 3-4 months...Will we at least get Nightmare Mode soon? Or will that be after f2p too?

***:confused::rolleyes:

"BioWare will be increasing the frequency of game content updates, with the first of many new releases coming in August."

Source: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/press-release/20120731

This isn't referring to the world event. A world even is not a "content update" or "new release."

I really think we're going to get the NiM Denova patch this month.

NiM Denova isn't new content though. It's the exact same thing with a new difficulty level.

NiM Denova isn't new content though. It's the exact same thing with a new difficulty level.

It is, actually.

Do we have NiM Denova yet? Nope. When it's added it's new. Strictly speaking, it is new content, with new challenges, and presumably new loot.

It's new.

It is, actually.

Do we have NiM Denova yet? Nope. When it's added it's new. Strictly speaking, it is new content, with new challenges, and presumably new loot.

It's new.

Slapping lipstick on a pig doesn't make it any prettier or mean that you got a new pig.:rolleyes:

Edited by TheRealCandyMan