Im a little confused about lightsabers

Amandeep

It's a beam of pure energy. Liquids that touch it are vaporized.

That's what I thought also, but in game mechanics, cut scene animation, and promotional video suggest otherwise... Apparently there is a physical saber under the beam of energy? :rolleyes:

- Sith Warriors have an attack where you simply swing your saber harder to do more damage. If it is only a beam of energy, it should do the same damage no matter how hard you swing it. :confused:

- Cut scenes and video clearly show "character A" stabbing "character B" with a light saber, then physically pulling it out of the dead victim; if it was only beam of pure energy, would this be required? :p

Of course I am tongue-in-cheek about this, light sabers are supposed to be pure energy... but I have noticed the flaws in cut scenes and videos that seem to depict light sabers as having physical elements. Of course those scenes of light sabers being pulled out of the body of a victim were done purely for dramatic effect, but for any Star Wars purist or anyone who notices logic and consistency, those scenes are problematic.

When you turn it off, the blood, held in stasis in the beams energy field, fall off in one motion. They had to remove that option in beta, because the amount of blood that got stored in it was sometime so much, it would crash the client.

this.

That's what I thought also, but in game mechanics, cut scene animation, and promotional video suggest otherwise... Apparently there is a physical saber under the beam of energy? :rolleyes:

- Sith Warriors have an attack where you simply swing your saber harder to do more damage. If it is only a beam of energy, it should do the same damage no matter how hard you swing it. :confused:

- Cut scenes and video clearly show "character A" stabbing "character B" with a light saber, then physically pulling it out of the dead victim; if it was only beam of pure energy, would this be required? :p

Of course I am tongue-in-cheek about this, light sabers are supposed to be pure energy... but I have noticed the flaws in cut scenes and videos that seem to depict light sabers as having physical elements. Of course those scenes of light sabers being pulled out of the body of a victim were done purely for dramatic effect, but for any Star Wars purist or anyone who notices logic and consistency, those scenes are problematic.

according to the movies, lightsabers can cut through metal... so I'd just cut all of those BH's weapons up into pieces before carving their faces...

he could mean how do you wash blood off the hilt...

I tend to send the whole thing through a furnace, then retrieve it ten minutes later. I specifically designed my saber to be heat resistance so it would be easy to clean. :cool:

Edited by spencer_

he could mean how do you wash blood off the hilt...

I tend to send the whole thing through a furnace, then retrieve it ten minutes later. I specifically designed my saber to be heat resistance so it would be easy to clean. :cool:

I had to get a new one because the original wasn't dishwasher safe. :/

Man, the council didn't like the explanation I had for what happened to The First Blade...

Ok this is what a lightsaber is. It is plasma being held in the shape of a sword by a stasis field. However the stasis field heats up and becomes super hot. It is still a "physical" object so when pulled out of people it does cause the "dramatic" effect.

Sith Warriors have an attack where you simply swing your saber harder to do more damage. If it is only a beam of energy, it should do the same damage no matter how hard you swing it.

this is so true, it almost made my head explode