Movies vs. Swtor trailers

boxingdog

Another Prequel Hater... sigh.

You can't blame them for it. One trailer has more sense making plot and more realistic sounding dialogue than the entire prequel trilogy combined.

That said, I don't see them making a series of Blur's CGI animation, as that level of animation is expensive as all hell. Part of the reason why the current Clone Wars cartoon has that style of animation is that it's far cheaper to make than photorealistic CGI.

You can't blame them for it. One trailer has more sense making plot and more realistic sounding dialogue than the entire prequel trilogy combined.

The only bad acting I saw was Hayden, Natalie Portman and, the chancellor.

Ewan McGregor's Acting blew Mark Hamill's out the water. Watch the OT, look how late Mark is to respond. I'm not hating on the OT, I love it better than the PT I'm just saying that you guys really hate on the PT for no good reason.

The first movie was meant for kids. And it is for kids. My niece and nephew love the first episode.

And then Lucas tried to balance Kids and old OT fans with Episode 2, I blame it on his plot.

Episode 3 was the best of the PT. Hayden was getting better, Ewan was the same good one. Palpatine got better as well.

The only good arguement you guys have is the OT had better plot and that is true. But what else is there that makes it better with true evidence?

That said, I don't see them making a series of Blur's CGI animation, as that level of animation is expensive as all hell. Part of the reason why the current Clone Wars cartoon has that style of animation is that it's far cheaper to make than photorealistic CGI.

also because it's cartoonish and for childrens...

Which is why we have long, bland political talk going on for minutes in Episode I, decapitations and suggested **** in Episode II and slaughter of children and body horror in Episode III.

Yup, sounds like stuff for kids to me.

And Hayden can act, he has a limited range but within it he certainly can act, Natalie Portman has won an oscar and Ian McDiarmid is a formidable actor.

Just that neither of those three can work with the terrible drivel that they were supposed to act out against bland blue screens instead of immersive sets (like the lovingly crafted sets of Lord of the Rings, or, y'know, the original trilogy).

Fortunately for all of us Bioware writers at great at making convincing dialogue.

Which is why we have long, bland political talk going on for minutes in Episode I, decapitations and suggested **** in Episode II and slaughter of children and body horror in Episode III.

Yup, sounds like stuff for kids to me.

And Hayden can act, he has a limited range but within it he certainly can act, Natalie Portman has won an oscar and Ian McDiarmid is a formidable actor.

Episode 1 was for kids. Jar Jar Binks, C-3PO and, Anakin were all for Kids. The political talk was.. what a total of 20 minutes out of a four hour movie?

Ep. 2, is the worst because it achieved nothing. It had no goal.

I never said Ep. 3 was for kids, just Episode 1 and a failed Ep 2.

Natalie is a good actor, in SW she was at her worst. In Black Swan she was at her best. And winning Oscar doesn't make you a good actor. Ian McDiarmid is a highly acclaimed actor except SW he was at his worst.

I only hate on Episode 2. It seemed to have no goal and no target audience. Ep 1, achieved the goal of appealing to kids with one action moment that all Kids movies have. Ep 3 appealed to Adults and Hardcore SW Fans. Ep. 3 was the movie that made everything make sense in The OT. Vader's turn, how the Empire came to be so powerful, the Emperor's power and why Vader was so loyal to him. How Powerful Yoda and Obi Wan were in their prime.

(...)

Ep. 2, is the worst because it achieved nothing. It had no goal. (...)

I have to disagree. First of all, I always enjoy Ep 2. Second of all, I think Ep 2 is has a couple of important events which help shape Anakin towards Vader. And the clone troopers are an important part of the Republic, later Empire.

In Ep 2 Anakin and Padmé start having an affair. Then he gets visions of his mom's death, whom eventually dies and he decides to take revenge and kill the Tuskens. (Getting visions of Padmé's death after that is a major reason of him turning). Plus it's where he gets cyber-arm. Among those are a couple of other things which make him turn.

What I have to agree on, the acting is bad by a couple of the key actors.

I think the prequel debate should go here. ;)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=52560

As for the SWTOR trailers, they sure have some of the best and smaller fight scenes I've seen for Star Wars. :)

Fast moves but no superfast sword banging like in Ep. III. And some interesting scenes, like Kao Cen using the saber throw to save Satele and when he used both a single blade and a double bladed lightsaber. :D

My only nitpick was that the gunslinger smuggler was kind of over-the-top. :p

Not getting shot and killing one person with one shot each (well, he's just that good ;) )

Small trailers/movies, great looking and straight to the point. I think they are some of the best work Blur has done, but if they were made into full sized movies, the drawing out would do them more harm than good.

The only bad acting I saw was Hayden, Natalie Portman and, the chancellor.

Ewan McGregor's Acting blew Mark Hamill's out the water. Watch the OT, look how late Mark is to respond. I'm not hating on the OT, I love it better than the PT I'm just saying that you guys really hate on the PT for no good reason.

The first movie was meant for kids. And it is for kids. My niece and nephew love the first episode.

And then Lucas tried to balance Kids and old OT fans with Episode 2, I blame it on his plot.

Episode 3 was the best of the PT. Hayden was getting better, Ewan was the same good one. Palpatine got better as well.

The only good arguement you guys have is the OT had better plot and that is true. But what else is there that makes it better with true evidence?

So the only bad actors where 2 leads and the Antagonist?? Yeah don't see a problem there

My niece and Nephew also really love episodes 4-6 and they are not made for kids so go figure.

So you agree that the prequels have 3 main characters with bad acting and they have bad plots. Well at least they look pretty and thats all that counts right?