Something needs to be done ALREADY

I just came out of a Black Talon run, and it was me, an assassin, and three sorcerers. We had one guy who needed everything, granted i did eventually boot him, but it was til after he needed and won a sabra staff that would have been a nice big upgrade for me. I think the loot system needs to be smarter. I shouldn't be able to roll need on something i can never use.

I wonder if it's possible to fine tune that at all. It's a little ridiculous that anyone can need anything that the OTHER AC can need. At least until we can respec our ACS this needs to be changed.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just came out of a Black Talon run, and it was me, an assassin, and three sorcerers. We had one guy who needed everything, granted i did eventually boot him, but it was til after he needed and won a sabra staff that would have been a nice big upgrade for me. I think the loot system needs to be smarter. I shouldn't be able to roll need on something i can never use.

I wonder if it's possible to fine tune that at all. It's a little ridiculous that anyone can need anything that the OTHER AC can need. At least until we can respec our ACS this needs to be changed.

so you're saying EACH TIME he won?

i say lies. that's statistically impossible although plausible. however i've NEVER seen anybody win 3 rolls in a row.

While I understand your frustration, I was getting quest rewards that were equal in all stats to the stuff that drops in there during beta.

This is a big problem sadly, Its a shame they didnt innovate theyr loot system.

Should have been like this.

Need: Only if stats match your subclass. (locked)

N Comp: Need for Companion.

Greed:

Pass:

Sadly I doubt we will see a system like this anytime soon, just black list ninjas, and make sure not to group with them in future.

Edit: chris you trolling? I've seen players win rolls up to 10 times in a row..

Edited by Munx

But I'm going to try and give you an honest response. It's tough to tweak the need/greed/master loot systems unless gear is specified for a certain class only by the devs, and then only that class can roll for it. Unfortunately, because of the mod system in game it makes this even harder to do in SWTOR if an item is moddable. (Because another class "may" be able to mod it and make it useful)

That said, and I'm not trying to be a ****** cause I'm sure it's going to happen to me too, is try to get folks to agree to a master loot system the first time someone need rolls something they obviously cannot use. If they don't agree on it, leave and start over.

Deleted first line due to unintended snarky tone. sorry bout that hehe

Edited by Airwren

It's a 2-man flashpoint. Don't take 4 people, take 2 + companions. It's quicker and you guarantee loot drops for those 2 classes.

Yes a 2-man flashpoint is quicker with 2 people than 4 because they scale based on the number of players. 4-man is significantly harder.

This is what you should expect in pug runs. Good news is black talon equipment can be replaced in the not so distant future.

And you can also buy most of it from the commendation vendor using your homeworld commendations, well the weapons at least I think the robes are still drop only.

i say lies. that's statistically impossible although plausible. however i've NEVER seen anybody win 3 rolls in a row.

I've seen it. It's not normal but it does happen.

Now 8/8 isn't very likely but 3/3 isn't a big stretch.

But I do agree with the OP that you should not be able to roll need on an item that you cannot use.

Preferably the rolls would be:

self need, companion need, greed, pass (reverse engineer)

It's possible he didn't even know he was NEEDING on the stuff. Seriously when the loot dialog comes up its 3 buttons.. NONE say NEED, GREED, or CANCEL.. They all have funky icons and the first few times I ran dungeons I just hit the first button without knowing it was a NEED roll. When I figured it out I gave the loot to who needed it but this is going to be a big problem because the first button is the NEED... then the GREED, then the CANCEL button... all have different icons so its up to the players to figure them out!!!!

it isnt that unbelievable. personally ive won plenty of greens in wow dungeons one right after the other.

She never said each time he won, just that he was needing on everything and won an item she could have used. I agree with her, it IS annoying to actually need an item and have it swiped or potentially swiped out from under you so some moron can sell it for cash. Please, before you call someone a liar, read and understand what they're saying.

It's possible he didn't even know he was NEEDING on the stuff. Seriously when the loot dialog comes up its 3 buttons.. NONE say NEED, GREED, or CANCEL.. They all have funky icons and the first few times I ran dungeons I just hit the first button without knowing it was a NEED roll. When I figured it out I gave the loot to who needed it but this is going to be a big problem because the first button is the NEED... then the GREED, then the CANCEL button... all have different icons so its up to the players to figure them out!!!!

Max, thanks for this little tidbit of very useful info.

/patiently waiting for an 11/30 Redemption Code EGA invite

The first time I grouped in beta, I kept needing on things I didn't mean to. I can't remember what the icons look like or how they're positioned, but something about the way it was set up had me consistently hitting need when I didn't intend to, and I like to think that I'm not a complete moron. (It's entirely possible that I was so excited to finally be playing that I was just not paying any attention at all.)