There seem to be an awful lot of healing sages....

Conundrum-NSA

I play a Jedi Sage healer, not because it would be easier to group, I rarely group. I tried the Jedi Shadow during beta, but it didn't work for me. The Jedi Sage does. While both roles can work for me in single player games, only one of them did this time around.

Not that I didn't enjoy seeing a Jedi Shadow and a Jedi Guardian, both at level 10-11 beat Esseles while all I, and my level 17 Jedi Sage, did was to make sure they remained alive. It was the first time I've been able to finish it without dying even once. But then I've never been able to find groups that have non Jedi classes in them when I want to play.

I think it tends to be natural, as you a primarily teamed up with a Jedi Knight who has a lot of tanking ability. I planned on being a Shadow, didn't really like it as much as I thought during the Beta, but later my cousin wanted me to go heals as we are teaming up. He is a Jedi Knight.

If Dual specs ever come out, I'll be rolling a DPS Sage, since I think it could be fun. A lot of CC and high powered attacks.

To be honest it's pretty common to see a lot of healers at the lower levels, chances are most of them won't be healing at endgame -- or anything close to endgame. I have endgame healers in WoW, AoC, WAR, Rift, and a few others, and it's always the same. Early on lots of people want to heal, by endgame you see a bunch of people with names like "TruHeals" DPSing.

Nothing wrong with that, of course, it's just a lot of people start out thinking they'll heal or tank and find out it's just not for them.

There are always alot of healers at low level - all you do is stand at the back of a group and press the same button over and over again.

Anyway, even if there are alot of healing Sages.... There won't be alot of really good ones.

I chose healing because of its solo power worthiness. And really, sage with the right skills, and focus, just makes even hard items easy, compared to the sawbones and commando healing. The tank you get early buffed, makes for great overall hate control, he may be slow, but he can hold aggro, and makes a note to taunt anything attacking you first chance he gets. I had no issues on corusant dealing with champions on my sage, they took time, yes, but i could handle anything. Later, on taris (Still only 21 atm) I had fun with two friends doing the locust mission with no problems, even when a bad pull got a champ with the five elites, its just a matter of understanding the synergy of the healing tree, and timing when to heal, and use your specials to help mitigate damage. The only regret is that is that im going to have to wait to get the benefit out of the middle tree's improved force regen talent to help when ive used noble sacrifice on the odd occasion of the longer fights. I had no issues soloing the mandalorian quest by myself, the only one i was able to do that with was my trooper, and that was highly geared and above the level of the quest by a good bit. Sage, easily done, especially with taking out the elite with cc.

Realy? I did not notice. Maybe because thoug I am dps specced I end up beeing the only one healing in operations and warzones. 3 sages in an operation: I am the only one willing to heal, because the others have to melt faces. Or look like they do.

Not every healing sage is a healer. Expect to see less and less healing sages as the levels progress, when healing as dps is no longer viable.

Edited by Karenai

I'm going to roll a Sage healer when I level enough to put some points into the tree. I don't do it for easy groups, I just have a supportive personality. I'd like to do damage, but it feels good to be the one(s) carrying the group because your heals keep them alive :rolleyes:, or when you're tanking the damage for the squishy dps. I'm also making a tank btw :D

I am a new healer and still getting used to it. One thing I would like to say is that bad groups make bad healers. By that I mean that the Zerg groups that break Force Lift or the dpsers that don't know how to manage agro. Hard to heal everyone at once without an AE heal.....when do we get that anyway?

I'm only level 20 so I am only starting up the seer tree now so mabe it gets easier later on. PUGs probably not helping my career a a healer either.

I'm just a masochist. For some strange reason I love being the healer, and getting blamed for any DPSer's death.

Yes, yes! Sooo much power as the healers.

healer -"stop breaking my cc guys"

healer -"serriously, dont hit the cc enemies."

dps -"HEY IM DYING HELP ***!@!@!"

healer -"lesson learned?"

oh the power!!!! :D

I am a new healer and still getting used to it. One thing I would like to say is that bad groups make bad healers. By that I mean that the Zerg groups that break Force Lift or the dpsers that don't know how to manage agro. Hard to heal everyone at once without an AE heal.....when do we get that anyway?

I'm only level 20 so I am only starting up the seer tree now so mabe it gets easier later on. PUGs probably not helping my career a a healer either.

As much as I hate to admit it, bad groups are the best lessons for healers.

Our AoE heal is the tree's end talent, so meh probably late 40s ~if you go pick up Inner Strength and Mental Longevity first.

My favorite as a newbie healer is when everyone runs into the room and attacks a different mob.

We really need a "/facepalm" emote.

I tried shadow AC and really coukdnt get into it... So I just went sage to try it out and see what happens. I must say I am happy I chose it. Pvping as a healer is alot of fun , love just staying off in the distance and constantly heal someone/bubble them while they take on more than one person..

Realy? I did not notice. Maybe because thoug I am dps specced I end up beeing the only one healing in operations and warzones. 3 sages in an operation: I am the only one willing to heal, because the others have to melt faces. Or look like they do.

Not every healing sage is a healer. Expect to see less and less healing sages as the levels progress, when healing as dps is no longer viable.

In this game, we pelt faces. ;)

Yes, yes! Sooo much power as the healers.

healer -"stop breaking my cc guys"

healer -"serriously, dont hit the cc enemies."

dps -"HEY IM DYING HELP ***!@!@!"

healer -"lesson learned?"

oh the power!!!! :D

Hmm.. I may have to do that next time I'm in a flashpoint and no one listens to me when I say to not hit the one floating in the air.

I gave up trying to say anything after the group did it 4 times in a row >.<

Level 28 Seer specced and I would guess that a lot of people will be switching from heals to DPS as it takes a lot of patience to heal some of these groups... I'm not giving up yet tho!

Jedi Knights I've noticed seems to think it's cool to Force Leap and body pull everyone and everything and Troopers just like to AoE the crap out of everything, even your CC'd target. Then you get the people who can't figure out simple fight mechanics or understand what the big glowing thing under their feet is...

Must. Have. Patience... This is why I'm Dark Side. I shall vent my anger and frustrations upon NPCs.