What gear can be deconstructed?

NONGE

To deconstruct for materials:

* You have to be level 75.

* You have to be deconstructing gear that's rated 268+(1)

*OR*

* You have to have the relevant crafting skil on this character.

*OR*

* Both of the above at the same time.

To deconstruct for schematics:

* You have to have the specific crafting crew skill.

*AND EITHER*

* You have to have made the item yourself.

*OR*

* The item has to be one of a limited list that can be deconstructed for schematics by a character that did not craft them.

Putting items in materials storage complicates things.

To deconstruct storable items for Augment Slot Components, you must either:

* Never put them in materials storage (e.g. make them then immediately deconstruct them)

*OR*

* Take them out of materials storage by dragging them onto an open inventory slot and then merge a freshly-made one ("here's one I made earlier") into the stack, which converts the entire stack into "made by me and able to be deconned for components".

(1) I *would* say "gear that requires level 75" except that the green 268 gear you get in the cans while you're running through Onslaught is requires-level-71 and can be deconstructed-for-mats-and-tech-frags outside your craft skill on a level 75 character.

Also dropped lvl 75 shells with mods in them must have an armoring in them... you can pull out any other modification, but if it has no armoring, it won't let you deconstruct

True, but it's worse than that. If you have the right crew skill on that character, you *can* deconstruct it, and it deconstructs as if it is Grade 1. (No-armoring guns yield Desh and junk like that if you have Armstech, etc.)

odd, I hadn't run into that, thanks for the warning

No problem. It might be an oddity of those items if you go "pull armoring/hilt/barrel" followed immediately by "deconstruct", rather than (for some reason) logging out in between. I know there are strange behaviours noted for L75 moddables if you pull their armoring/hilt/barrel and then look at them before and after a relog, and that might be one of them.

Ugh. Another restriction: If you cannot use the item because of class restrictions e.g. Generators can only be used by Troopers (?and PTs?), so they cannot be used by e.g. a JK, and therefore a JK cannot deconstruct the item. Exception: possibly if the JK has Armstech he can deconstruct it. Maybe.