Lev 50 Marauder, nearly full champ.

xSkynet

200-250k dmg a warzone, very rarely break 300k.

My equally geared powertech BH friend is 400-450k and occcasionally breaks 500k.

We have been gaming together for a decade and have always been equals in terms of skill.

I have only once EVER broke 5k dmg in 1 hit on a fury/15%/relic/adrenal annihilation. And that was before 50's brackets.

I play annihilation atm, 31/10/0. I have been playing this class since launch and know it extremely well at this point (all specs). Fact remains, this class is sub-par. You may be having great success, as am I now that I'm 50 and geared, but heavy armor wearing ranged classes are doing it too, and doing it much better(as are ops and scoundrels). We dont have a stun or a knockback which is booty, a 4 second vanish is pretty pathetic, and if our purge/trinket is down a decent operative will kill you, no exception. Also, the whole fury/beserk* mechanic is too much extra crap to push and be conscious of. The only class that would benefit from this would be ones that can attack from stealth. Wasting 4 GCD's to fury/zerk/adrenal/relic while actually fighting someone is rediculous.

Thank you for reading my rant.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hit lvl 50 a couple weeks ago with my marauder as well and though some pvp gear would help. Well I got some gear and it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference.

The problem I am seeing is that we marauders have to string more abilities together to come even close to what other classes can do in a couple button presses. Right there puts us at a disadvantage. The burst just isnt there, yeah we got some hard hitting abilities but they are less than effective compared to other classes. The biggest problem is that we have to build rage whenever we enter a fight. No other classes need time to build up a burst, they just jump in and start smashing buttons. We have to run in, because you dont want to get knocked back and waste your force leap, try to score a hit ( battering assault ) then get knocked down, knocked back, stunned, snared and kited around. Ok so I use my CC breaker, great I can move now, but ah crap look another stun. Yay. So I spec force camo, that says its supposed to break cc, which doesn't btw. By this time im nearly dead and have to either run away (lol not gonna happen in 4 seconds force camo) or just force leap to my death. Woot. PVP. Aw wait no its not I just spent 5 min stunned and running away, or trying to break ranged LOS.

Lets not even mention the fact that EVERY other class in the game has a shield/bubble or some godlike damage mitigation vs melee weapons, wow thanks.

Every person in PVP knows Marauders can't hang, they b-line straight for us. Why? Because this class is a push over. Hell other marauders are the first people I target as well, because they actaully die. A lot.

Seriously guys we need some help out there.

Edited by Stormtroopin

Im playing a 50 maurader annihilation tree. the damage output is very slow and relatively weak, I agree that the class could be streamlined its overly convoluted with added fury and rage managment, I mean the class would still be underpowered if it was in beserk mode all the time anyway. the number one thing that gimps this class is how weak this class is vs cc, I can safely every single time I have been downed in pvp it has been the result of a stunlock where I am frozen in place as I watch my self die not being able to do anything about it because resovle doesnt work and I already used my unleash on the 1 out of 8 forms of cc being spammed on me in the span of 10 seconds. this game has too much cc and especially needs to rip out the stun take damage stuff no class should be dependant on that from of cc.

My equally geared powertech BH friend is 400-450k and occcasionally breaks 500k.

You should have seen me on my trooper. I facerolled 2 marauders who where lvl 49 and I was about 12 or 13 in the Warzone. lol Silly Warrior Kittens.

You should have seen me on my trooper. I facerolled 2 marauders who where lvl 49 and I was about 12 or 13 in the Warzone. lol Silly Warrior Kittens.

I'm willing to bet it really went something more like... you sat back and attacked 2 high level Marauders who were fighting some other people and completely ignoring you. Either that, or if you really went head to head against them, they were absolutely positively terrible.

Troopers, especially Commandos, are food for a good Marauder.

I'm willing to bet it really went something more like... you sat back and attacked 2 high level Marauders who were fighting some other people and completely ignoring you. Either that, or if you really went head to head against them, they were absolutely positively terrible.

Dream on, sweet dreams! :D

We have been gaming together for a decade and have always been equals in terms of skill.

I have only once EVER broke 5k dmg in 1 hit on a fury/15%/relic/adrenal annihilation. And that was before 50's brackets.

I play annihilation atm, 31/10/0. I have been playing this class since launch and know it extremely well at this point (all specs). Fact remains, this class is sub-par. You may be having great success, as am I now that I'm 50 and geared, but heavy armor wearing ranged classes are doing it too, and doing it much better(as are ops and scoundrels). We dont have a stun or a knockback which is booty, a 4 second vanish is pretty pathetic, and if our purge/trinket is down a decent operative will kill you, no exception. Also, the whole fury/beserk* mechanic is too much extra crap to push and be conscious of. The only class that would benefit from this would be ones that can attack from stealth. Wasting 4 GCD's to fury/zerk/adrenal/relic while actually fighting someone is rediculous.

Thank you for reading my rant.

don't forget that marauder don't have as much aoes

Marauder PvP felt OK before the 50s bracket, when I was a fully 126-140 geared player vs a bunch of primarily sub 50s.

Now that I'm in a 50s only bracket I see how truly underpowered Marauders are. OP has it right; for some reason, Bioware was too afraid to give warriors any kind of decent stun/burst damage, and other classes have an insane amount of burst and tons of stuns/disables that are not on the GCD.

A fresh 50 Operative that knows what they are doing should have no problem killing a full champ geared marauder, assuming they get the jump on the marauder from stealth. A well geared one.. well, forget it.

Man, as an anni marauder, before patch i can constantly dish out 300-400k damage and 100k+ healing. My highest record was 450k dmg and 150k healing. After patch, I can still constantly do 250k-300k dmg and 60-80k healing. I dont have full set champ and im using 1 champ mainhand and 1 centurion offhand.

With anni spec, marauder are invincible. If you think marauder sucks, you really havent fully utilized all of your abilities and GCD

Edited by rainzquall

possibly not. i made a BH, its lvl 15 and before 1.1 i could roll 50 sentinels and marauders easily. no tracer missile yet and lack a lot of utility from skill trees, but by being ranged, having 1CC and knock back its just simple.

Main is Immortal Jugg, made me cry how easy ranged pvp was compared to melee.

I hit 50 as a marauder hoping that PvPing as a warrior class would be extremely fun... but now I've seen how weak marauders are. Before the 50's bracket it was alright as I was doing okay every game as annihilation freshly geared 50 against lower levels as they didn't have the expertise.

Now I'm tossed into the 50's bracket with champion/battlemaster geared players and I can't even scratch them, it's gotten to the point that I am even tired of queuing as I get curb stomped every game regardless since expertise plays such a big part in how a marauder operates.

I so hate troppers in pvp

They like biting u for 4000 Per hit

And my dots ticking for 400-800 the tropper have 18000 hitpoints and heavy armor

I am dead so fast

And i am full champ gear

Yes i Can get 3500 hit of .. But When i dó my life is 35% reason i have so meny things to dó before i Can get it off

My friend WHO is a assin

On skype hes words ... Hihihi 4000 crit 5000 crit 4000 crit haha this is funny they are dieing 5000

Talk about brust dmg ..

I like the ability Pommel Strike that we get, but only can be used with a person is stunned. Too bad we don't really have a stun.

The rage is useless, it takes so long to build up and it don't last for a very long time. I'm Ani specked and I combine rage with Juyo form. There just is not enough bleed effect abilities to make it worth it. If we are to have a burst of damage, we need to have a good combo of bleed effects lined up so when our rage builds up BAAAAM, we just start whooping ***.

If we are able to get close to you, they only thing on the enemies mind should be " Holy crap, how do I get away"

Capturing the hutt ball winning for your team > 300k-600k damage dealt.

True outcome, 300k-600k damage dealt BAZILLION MEDALS >capturing hutt ball to win 0 medals and or votes.

Also this OP clearly doesn't know how to play a marauder let alone any marauder complaining. It's actually pretty hilarious to even speak the works marauders are under powered. Every class should be running from you if you know how to play your class, end of story.

imo if they changed the abilities we have that stun "weak targets" to actually work in pvp I think we would have less issues. Half the time I can't even use pommel strike or opportune strike in pvp. Aside from that I don't really have many issue's keeping up with the damage and I went the "weak spec" focus tree according to my guild, but it works well for me. Force sweep crits for 5k+ quite alot, especially when stacked after using force stasis and power ups. Edited by Raansu

As a level 22 Maurader, the only class that gives me trouble is Operative with the half dozen stuns they have. Every other class 1v1 I have no problem. 2v1 is another story, but most I'm OK with that. In Huttball, I LOL when I see healers on the top tier throwing their heals, force leap, apply dots, snare, interrupt their self-heals, continue to lol as they die. Occasionally, the knock back off the platform can be a problem, but wait, that's what my reduced cool down Force Leap is for, which conveniently interrupts the self heal they are preparing to throw.

No, Mauraders are fine. Maybe I'll change my story when I hit 50, but so far, I have zero problems being in the top 3 for objectives AND damage.

Capturing the hutt ball winning for your team > 300k-600k damage dealt.

True outcome, 300k-600k damage dealt BAZILLION MEDALS >capturing hutt ball to win 0 medals and or votes.

Also this OP clearly doesn't know how to play a marauder let alone any marauder complaining. It's actually pretty hilarious to even speak the works marauders are under powered. Every class should be running from you if you know how to play your class, end of story.

Okay, here and there i notice people saying marauders are fine, L2P etc. People give valid reason why they feel that Mara's are kinda up compared to other classes.

Now people like you type stuff like

"Every class should be running from you if you know how to play your class, end of story."

Okay, tell me. How do you make every class run away from you and not turn around and smash your face. Please tell me Marauder god. Open our eyes, we've been so blind.

As a level 22 Maurader, the only class...

Stopped reading there.

Edited by yokubou