Time for a PvP Fix

fungihoujo

Perhaps it would be better there- however, the pvp forum goes rapidly, and is stuffed with nonsense. This forum has a slower pace and IF they were to so much as glance at this forum they'd see threads like this one on the first page.

The pvp forum is simply so full of doom and gloom, insult wars and general misinformation that I doubt anyone takes it seriously (though, I'm very disappointed when they finally did post in a thread it was in the one asking for a nerf to sorcs- and it was BW saying that nerf was coming).

I pointed out the negative aspects now simply to give a clear idea of where I am coming from and also why the fixes I'm asking for would fit- to hopefully make this a constructive thread. So far I think it is being constructive- all we need now is for the devs to look at this forum for a bit and actually take note of what we are saying after months of dead silence while we enjoy being free kills in pvp- which is what people are unanimously saying in the feedback thread BW posted then promptly ignored.

I understand full well that they cannot answer something if they aren't certain, that leads to people being angry if it doesn't happen later on- BW is giving hints at content updates- both to pvp and pve- in the near future, but they need to realize that content doesn't matter if the gameplay and balance isn't working.

1.2 saw us at the end of an extremely unjust and very painful nerf stick- every single pvp sorc I knew was furious, and many did quit the next month after trying the differences. We were told by other classes to 'just adapt' but we weren't given anything new to adapt to- we still had- and have- the same worthless pure builds we always did and were always not playing before- they just took away the builds that were both viable and enjoyable.

I did want this to get looked at now- because right now many have returned for f2p launch. Sorcs right now though are looking in dismay as the class balance has gotten worse, and are returning just in time for BW to announce they're going to give sorcs another nerf because marauders have asked for it.

It's not exactly a good thing to come back to- and if nothing is said about helping out sorcs a bit (it should be noted sorcs aren't overperforming in pve- so anyone saying you can't buff pvp burst because it'll imbalance pve hasn't looked at the parse logs of the top operation teams at all)- we're going to see an entire AC, one that I should note has gone from being the most played class in the game to one of the least played- take a big f2p hit to the numbers.

BW- you can get sorc subs by showing us you are listening, this continued silence and continued nerfs though aren't going to keep us playing and paying.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

There's too much here to comment on, but I noticed a lot of people repeating "the bubble is getting nerfed. BW already said so." So I figured that could use some clarification.

We're currently undergoing a lot of class rebalance for a future major patch, so it's an understatement to say that things aren't locked down yet. However, the problem with Backlash (Lightning's incapacitate on Static Barrier) is mostly that it can be applied to any target, making an entire team of allies stun-bubbled. Since this is such great utility for the Lightning Sorcerer, we don't want to change the effect of Backlash, but we are considering making the Backlash effect only apply to the original caster - so you only get a Backlash when you put your Static Barrier on yourself.

That's just the current idea. We don't have any plans on making Static Barrier or Backlash worse than it currently is for the Sorcerer that uses it.

We're aware that even this change lowers the amount of group support Lightning offers, so that's something we have to figure out before we can pull the trigger on Backlash.

I wish I could tell you guys more, but there isn't enough locked down yet. Rest assured, it's not as simple as "too good - nerf. Next."

One thing that could be considered would be a CC/snare/root immunity when our bubble is up.

That would allow the sorc some free time to kite and get an advantage before being cced, and torn apart.

Of course gunslinger would still bust it rather fast, but just throwing the idea out there, since the bigger problem seems to be vs hybrid guardians and sentinels.

One thing that could be considered would be a CC/snare/root immunity when our bubble is up.

That would allow the sorc some free time to kite and get an advantage before being cced, and torn apart.

Of course gunslinger would still bust it rather fast, but just throwing the idea out there, since the bigger problem seems to be vs hybrid guardians and sentinels.

We need MORE damage and LOTS of it.

A full WH dps Sorc has to have

Death Field and Chain Lightning have to hit for 8k, Death Field changed to 5 targets.

DoTs need to hit alot harder. A full dotted up toon with creeping terror, affliction and crushing darkness should be losing 5-6k a GCD. 8k with Death Mark ticks. A 3 dot set up ought to have some payback... but alas. They should also be unpurgable save by a healer specced into buffed cleanse. Shroud etc shouldn't work, if deathmark is on the sin/shadow.

Force Lightning/Lightning Strike needs a 50% damage buff.

Thundering Blast needs a proc to be made instant and hit for 6k.

IF we had these, they can justify our current supposed role as "kiter" and "glass cannon". We hit like a truck, but go down quick since we have no real defensive cooldowns.

The sad part, I'm not even joking. Heck I'd even toss Sorcs, shroud and still call it balanced with the hard hits i see floating aorund wzs. I rarely PvP on my sorc now, it's just not fun anymore.

Edited by Chemic_al

I saw the 'bioware staff post' symbol next to this thread and I got excited thinking they may have acknowledged sorc issues in pvp. lolnope, no post from bioware. sad times.

Or maybe the BW dev got banned for posting in a sorc thread and his post removed.

I joke I joke- who knows what happened, but maybe it's a good sign?

Edited by fungihoujo

Death Field and Chain Lightning have to hit for 8k, Death Field changed to 5 targets.

DoTs need to hit alot harder. A full dotted up toon with creeping terror, affliction and crushing darkness should be losing 5-6k a GCD. 8k with Death Mark ticks. A 3 dot set up ought to have some payback... but alas. They should also be unpurgable save by a healer specced into buffed cleanse. Shroud etc shouldn't work, if deathmark is on the sin/shadow.

IF we had these, they can justify our current supposed role as "kiter" and "glass cannon". We hit like a truck, but go down quick since we have no real defensive cooldowns.

The sad part, I'm not even joking. Heck I'd even toss Sorcs, shroud and still call it balanced with the hard hits i see floating aorund wzs. I rarely PvP on my sorc now, it's just not fun anymore.

Thats VERY overpowered.

Your numbers put sustained dps at 4k about for every idiots and their moms, with a massive 13k instant burst every 15 seconds, and full mobility for madness, with no counter.

Shroud at the worse case remove CD, but 3 or 5 seconds after you just reapply Affliction and CT.

Heck all that damage is internal. And after you wonder with posts like that why Bioware doesn't take you seriously.

OP the big three that killed the sorc class as someone who was played insanely way to much sorc.

1: Wrath Proc on Chain Lightning. Completely devastated the dps specs. Dots tick far to slow to matter.

2: Force Bending bug fix. Yes its a bug fix but yes it hurt. I can't tell you how many times now I get off a dark infusion off to only see it disappear and then some by only 1 dps'er. Being able to double dip would be fantastic these days.

3: Force power for health always having a health penalty. Did great things for PvE...***** our longevity in PvP. Makes AOE heal worthless which was one of our strongest heals.

These combined with the rise of sizeable dps buffs to marauders, smash juggs, powertechs, snipers have severely hurt our class.

Edited by TheLordMaster

That would be a bit high and not on par with other classes.

DF and CL should hit around the same as other aoes like them- around 6k on a crit- smash does more damage and auto crits to boot, so on average your DF/CL would be doing 4k- reasonable considering you won't have both (at least, not a buffed up one).

5k dot damage/GCD would be atrocious. That would be something like a 400% or higher raise. However- 2k dps with all dots up and death field when in top bracket gear would make the dots feasable- add to that creeping terror having dot protection, which is a must for the class that should have been in day one- you purge or shroud, you get stunned and take 3k damage, 5k on a crit.

2k dps plus FL and a DF hit could add up to the ability to get 10k damage done in three to five seconds- which is something mara, juggs, PT, sins can all achieve in a burst window.

Lightning strike should be doing 50% more damage than it is- the ability sucks for a 2 second cast. Thundering Blast needs to be doing way more, and it needs something on top of it to make it a worth 31 point talent. Also- it's in a heavy crit tree, take out the auto crit, give it instead double damage on affliction.

LOL

Here I thought we had the first post on our forums from a developer since the original class feedback post months ago. They never even responded to our feedback and im assuming they posted here by accident and deleted it. Still its heartwarming to think they almost posted here

I was in the same boat and went through every page to look for it.

Bioware is now trolling the Sorcs to add further insult to nerf/injury.

This is what happens in a Sourc x Marauder:

Sourc cast two madness spells.

Marauder jumps to Sourc and hits the bubble two times, DESTROYING IT.

Sourc could use Eletrocute, but then the Marauder would just break out of it.

Sourcerer start Force Lightning that deals 2,5k of damage if you're lucky.

Marauder while Force Lightning happens deals two 6k hit each.

Sourcerer is still finishing Force Lightining.

Marauder deals more 2k.

Sourcerer is dead.

This happens ALL *** TIME... We are slighty better against other classes... But we end dead too...

This class is becoming a kill steal class... That can only win against weaken or distracted opponents...

Some people love to say "But your class is made to kill others with continuous damage, not right away"

But how to do continuous damage if we are dead in 5 attacks max?

Really, marauders deals like 3k in a normal attack... ***?

This is what happens in a Sourc x Marauder:

Sourc cast two madness spells.

Marauder jumps to Sourc and hits the bubble two times, DESTROYING IT.

Sourc could use Eletrocute, but then the Marauder would just break out of it.

Sourcerer start Force Lightning that deals 2,5k of damage if you're lucky.

Marauder while Force Lightning happens deals two 6k hit each.

Sourcerer is still finishing Force Lightining.

Marauder deals more 2k.

Sourcerer is dead.

This happens ALL *** TIME... We are slighty better against other classes... But we end dead too...

This class is becoming a kill steal class... That can only win against weaken or distracted opponents...

Some people love to say "But your class is made to kill others with continuous damage, not right away"

But how to do continuous damage if we are dead in 5 attacks max?

Really, marauders deals like 3k in a normal attack... ***?

This is true- I'm damage hybrid, I have chain lightning one of our 'big hitters', I'm in full BM, augmented willpower, with some WH- so I have good gear.

Most games I don't get a 2.5k medal for damage. I use chain lightning on a crowd and I'm seeing TRIPLE digit numbers at times.

A three second cast spell that hits that pathetically? I'm spamming 1k lightning strikes while this jugg comes up and hits me with a 7k smash, and his sniper friend does 10k damage in 3 seconds on me.

Why is TTK so absurd for some classes- while our class is hitting like a wet noodle? It's even worse than I thought it was- thank god for the stun bubble because without it I don't even see the point of this class existing.

If smash was hitting people for 800 damage, even with no defensives up- what do you think juggs/mara would say?

Edited by fungihoujo

That would be a bit high and not on par with other classes.

DF and CL should hit around the same as other aoes like them- around 6k on a crit- smash does more damage and auto crits to boot, so on average your DF/CL would be doing 4k- reasonable considering you won't have both (at least, not a buffed up one).

5k dot damage/GCD would be atrocious. That would be something like a 400% or higher raise. However- 2k dps with all dots up and death field when in top bracket gear would make the dots feasable- add to that creeping terror having dot protection, which is a must for the class that should have been in day one- you purge or shroud, you get stunned and take 3k damage, 5k on a crit.

2k dps plus FL and a DF hit could add up to the ability to get 10k damage done in three to five seconds- which is something mara, juggs, PT, sins can all achieve in a burst window.

Lightning strike should be doing 50% more damage than it is- the ability sucks for a 2 second cast. Thundering Blast needs to be doing way more, and it needs something on top of it to make it a worth 31 point talent. Also- it's in a heavy crit tree, take out the auto crit, give it instead double damage on affliction.

No, I don't think it's unreasonable in the least. We have no defensive cooldowns at all, the only other class in a bad place is mercs, the other dpsers do, and some way too many.

As for balance?

Have you seen how hard anni maras dots tick?

A Powertechs CGC dot ticks harder than ours.

Have you even been lolsmahed? Our aoes are not even auto-crit, nor break 5k.

Have you forgotten we have only light armour?

Maybe it slipped your mind we have no defensive cooldowns?

Do you forget we have no execute move, or any buff to damage whatsoever when the target is under 30% health?

Plenty of classes can wipe half our health, through a bubble in 2-3GCDs, and that is cool, so long as our damage remains totally subpar, unable to do jack to anyone? Coolio, well Bioware got that message alright.

So you have set up that requires, death field, affliction, creeping terror, and presumably enough casts of force lightning to get a wrath proc for crushing darkness, what 6 GCD set up say? And it does what at the moment? Absolutely jack. A sin comes along hits shroud and goes "Lulz sucker!", and we are stumped, can't even use our stat stick because we have no willpower to damage to get through shroud. Our DoTs need a HUGE buff to make them worthwhile. We as a class can be WIPED in 2-3GCDs, and you're saying that a 6GCD setup shouldn't do meaningful damage. Alright then. Bioware got that message too, pretty sure....

Right? And have you seen how often you can lolsmash? Death field like Smash is on 15 sec cooldown, except the Rage tree has ways to lower it's cooldown, something I believe Sorcs can't do with Death Field. It's totally balanced, because it would be exactly that - burst, which is the only thing that matters in PvP, and we don't have.

But in case you missed the point about balance - the squishier the class, the higher the damage it has to do to compensate. So, no it shouldn't be hitting for the same as other classes' AoEs, it should be hitting harder, unless we get defensive CDs to compensate.

Edited by Chemic_al

A three second cast spell that hits that pathetically? I'm spamming 1k lightning strikes while this jugg comes up and hits me with a 7k smash, and his sniper friend does 10k damage in 3 seconds on me.

Any yet you complain that I'm asking for a buff to our damage so we can do 10k damage in 3 GCDs (2xFL and a Death Field), that other classes can do in 2 GCDs..... saying that it would be too much.

Yeah.... okay :S

Edited by Chemic_al

Any yet you complain that I'm asking for a buff to our damage so we can do 10k damage in 3 GCDs (2xFL and a Death Field), that other classes can do in 2 GCDs..... saying that it would be too much.

Yeah.... okay :S

We need a buff to our damage- 5-6k just from dots though would mean something like 8k with others... and that burst could be sustained for something like 7 seconds every 20 seconds because they're dots. That'd be something like 30-40k damage- we're looking to be on par with others, not to bury them (as much fun as seeing marauders cry for six months would be- I don't think BW would do something that drastic).

I agree if we have no defensives we should have burst like that- but that's why I was advocating us to not just get a moderate dps boost (50% boost to affliction, 25% to CD, at least 100% to creeping if not more considering as a 31 point it does abysmal damage- for chain lightning and lightning strike 50-100%, thundering blast 100% plus no auto crit but double damage in return, etc...). But, also to get casting mobility, force speed being root immune at baseline, force slow having a root at baseline, recklessness having a stun break on use, etc....

Just giving us damage would only address one of our many problems. We need some mobility, some defensives, some CC breaking- and we need some of it to be baseline, because right now we have to hybridize and lose a lot of healing and damage going part lightning just so we can have survivability on par with most other classes baseline... and not even that seeing as we have half the kinetic/weapon/energy damage mitigation everyone else has.

Also- creeping terror needs dot protection- so if a sin uses shroud or a healer purges- something like 3k damage, 5k crit is done to caster and dot target, along with a 3 second no resolve stun. Make the 31 point talent scary, not something so harmless people don't even need to cleanse it.

And- on top of that- other classes need their damage reduced, brought in line. Smash can't be doing this much damage on demand, snipers can set up 10k combos. Combat isn't fun when it lasts too short of a time for anyone to reasonably counter.

Edited by fungihoujo

No, I don't think it's unreasonable in the least. We have no defensive cooldowns at all, the only other class in a bad place is mercs, the other dpsers do, and some way too many.

As for balance?

Have you seen how hard anni maras dots tick?

A Powertechs CGC dot ticks harder than ours.

Have you even been lolsmahed? Our aoes are not even auto-crit, nor break 5k.

Have you forgotten we have only light armour?

Maybe it slipped your mind we have no defensive cooldowns?

Do you forget we have no execute move, or any buff to damage whatsoever when the target is under 30% health?

Plenty of classes can wipe half our health, through a bubble in 2-3GCDs, and that is cool, so long as our damage remains totally subpar, unable to do jack to anyone? Coolio, well Bioware got that message alright.

So you have set up that requires, death field, affliction, creeping terror, and presumably enough casts of force lightning to get a wrath proc for crushing darkness, what 6 GCD set up say? And it does what at the moment? Absolutely jack. A sin comes along hits shroud and goes "Lulz sucker!", and we are stumped, can't even use our stat stick because we have no willpower to damage to get through shroud. Our DoTs need a HUGE buff to make them worthwhile. We as a class can be WIPED in 2-3GCDs, and you're saying that a 6GCD setup shouldn't do meaningful damage. Alright then. Bioware got that message too, pretty sure....

Right? And have you seen how often you can lolsmash? Death field like Smash is on 15 sec cooldown, except the Rage tree has ways to lower it's cooldown, something I believe Sorcs can't do with Death Field. It's totally balanced, because it would be exactly that - burst, which is the only thing that matters in PvP, and we don't have.

But in case you missed the point about balance - the squishier the class, the higher the damage it has to do to compensate. So, no it shouldn't be hitting for the same as other classes' AoEs, it should be hitting harder, unless we get defensive CDs to compensate.

Issue is you seem to lack understanding as far as burst vs sustained. Once sniper blow that massive 10kish damage opener, snipe go back on 1,5 sec cast, ambush 12 sec cd 1,5 sec cast if done right.

Still good damage, but NEVER will it be even close to hitting 5k/GCD.

Ambush is NOT spammable. I really suggest you actually go learn exact damage of other classes before talking about them.

Same for annihilation ticks, they tick hard, but are cleansable and don't have totally a 100% uptime, more 80% ish. Berserk allows them a burst, but overall they will account for 40% of your dps. We are far from 5k/GCD again.

They are just somewhat more satisfying from seeing them.

But lets suppose a sniper and a sorc both have a theorical 2000 dps over 20 seconds

That means both will dish out 40k damage in 20 seconds

Burst is not raising that number, its concentrating that dps.

So sniper might do 30k in the first 10 seconds, and 10k after while cd get off. Sorc currently does 20k/20k in that same laps of time, with little burst.

You have many kind of burst, and their drawbacks. Some are linked to cd, some are just highway to no ressources if used too much. (ex start spamming overload shot with a sniper).

If I was to design a burst for sorc, I'd look at something that degenerates force ressources fast, chaining some attacks that are just too expensive to keep using in a PvE boss fight, and avoid raising parse damage too high, and maybe you have the start of a fix for the class pvp.

Issue is you seem to lack understanding as far as burst vs sustained. Once sniper blow that massive 10kish damage opener, snipe go back on 1,5 sec cast, ambush 12 sec cd 1,5 sec cast if done right.

Patronization noted...... my understanding of sustained vs burst is fine, thank you very much.

But lets suppose a sniper and a sorc both have a theorical 2000 dps over 20 seconds

That means both will dish out 40k damage in 20 seconds

Burst is not raising that number, its concentrating that dps.

Like WOW dude, you really blew my mind what that simple example. Like OMG!!!!!! (/sarcasm)

But perhaps you seem to ignore that burst is what matters in PvP, and sorc DoTs are a joke. Any competent healer can either purge/heal through them. Burst is what matters. Sorcs need burst. If we can't do that 10k in 2-3GCD as a PvP dps spec every 12-15s or so, we suck. End of.

So to fix sorcs,

Madness needs harder hitting DoTs, with DoT protection. We should have a buff, like Pyro does, that does more damage on enemies under 30%. Death field needs to hit 5 targets.

Lightning is the more "bursty" spec, but far too RNG dependant. How often do Chain lightning/Barrage procs come up simultaneously, to be of any use as "burst"? Noo where near enough, and TB needs to be instant. So if you could chain, Chain Lightning, Barrage, TB, in 3 GCDs and it be reasonably reliable, then yeah.

Both specs, basic attacks Force Lightning, Lightning Strike have to hit harder. THey are both interuptable and there goes your main source of procs. So perhaps they should be made uninteurptable?

So what does that leave us? Hybrid specs that turn us into poor dps/heals with copious amounts of cc to whittle away enemies. Well isn't that just gosh darn awesome....?

Edited by Chemic_al

I'm actually enjoying PvP at the moment but it's all because of the bubble stun. As a ranged class I'm not affected by the stuns and the bubbles I throw on my melee team mates are preventing the melees on the other team from ever reaching me.

I would be fine with replacing the stun from the bubbles I throw on team mates with a root, while keeping it as a stun when thrown on myself but changing the resolve value or getting rid of it would cut deep into the class's viability.

My wishlist:

*Increase damage on shock and FiB. 50 % would not be too much, all things considered.

*Increase damage on dots. Some are in favor of simply shortening the applied time but that would require that you re-applied the dots much more often so it wouldnt work unless madness became a pure dot spec and the dots actually could kill . So in both scenarios we're in need of a damage buff.

*Some of the abilities in the lightning and madness trees should be passive and core abilties. First thing that comes to mind is "no CD on force lightning". This is our core ability, since melee weapons are useless, yet here we're forced to spec for no CD on it.

*Some of the abilities in the lightning and madness trees should be passive and core abilties. First thing that comes to mind is "no CD on force lightning". This is our core ability, since melee weapons are useless, yet here we're forced to spec for no CD on it.

I don't think that's needed, lightning spec isn't using it unless they get a barrage proc, and madness get its because it's their filler attack.

However, both lightning and madness need their main attacks, lightning strike and force lightning respectively, made uninteruptable, and buffed in damage.

Fact remains parses show sorc DPS is now falling way behind other ACs, 15% or more is no joke now, and how Bioware's uber metric system is failing to see it, is beyond me. So I can only infer, coupled with their unwillingness to comment on Sorc pvp or pve, they are just ignoring us. They certainly ignored every comment in the class feedback section.

Root/slow immunity on force speed should definitely be a baseline class trait not limited to the healing tree, the same with the extra 30% on our instant heal in the corruption tree. That instant heal is almost worthless as is to a dps sorc, not completely worthless, but far from a life saver.

In reality we have no burst aside from making all the procs line up in full lightning spec. We have little to no way to get long casts off against confident melee players and have no defensive cooldowns. Full madness also has pretty bad force management problems to boot, and there is no way to really "regen" force back while in combat aside from spamming consumption, which only makes force management/surviviability problems worse. This is highly problematic and simple buffs to our damage won't fix the fundamental flaws this class has.

One decent idea would be to make static barrier when casted on ourselves make us immune to roots/slows for 4 seconds. Or perhaps make static barrier make us immune to interrupt while it is up.

Root/slow immunity on force speed should definitely be a baseline class trait not limited to the healing tree, the same with the extra 30% on our instant heal in the corruption tree. That instant heal is almost worthless as is to a dps sorc, not completely worthless, but far from a life saver.

In reality we have no burst aside from making all the procs line up in full lightning spec. We have little to no way to get long casts off against confident melee players and have no defensive cooldowns. Full madness also has pretty bad force management problems to boot, and there is no way to really "regen" force back while in combat aside from spamming consumption, which only makes force management/surviviability problems worse. This is highly problematic and simple buffs to our damage won't fix the fundamental flaws this class has.

One decent idea would be to make static barrier when casted on ourselves make us immune to roots/slows for 4 seconds. Or perhaps make static barrier make us immune to interrupt while it is up.

Entirely agreed- our lack of good interrupt immunity at baseline means we're too easy to halt as a hybrid, healer or madness... and considering lightning damage blows...

Our damage across the board sucks, it isn't scaling well at all. We definitely need root immunity to be baseline force speed- make the talent instead grant full CC immunity.

Bubble needs to scale better- it should be able to block fully any attack... so if people are smashing for 8k, bubble needs to meet that insane damage- or, better yet, do something about such high damage, make 6k crits the absolute top- and 6k bubbles what we get in WH aug.

Some non interruptable abilities.

Replace no CD force lightning (which should be baseline) with a talent that instead makes FL usable while moving in madness- lightning strike same thing for lightning tree- give us mobility. Give us back DI instant procs, and honestly, CL with madness procs. It's not going to put our damage on level with mara or snipers anyway.

We're parsing far below others in pve, and sucking in pvp burst- so you can give us some more heavy damage and it will only balance out both for us a bit- it won't give us an advantage in pve until we're even in pve- which'll take alot.

I saw the 'bioware staff post' symbol next to this thread and I got excited thinking they may have acknowledged sorc issues in pvp. lolnope, no post from bioware. sad times.

There is the prime indicator of just what the Developers think of the Sorcerer. A tease of in indicator, making us think they posted, just to find that "promise" of a post as empty as their promises of anything else.

I have a solution to the Sorcerer problem.

Only allow Sorcerers to wear and use the items that the Inquistor comes with. (Give the Sorcerer a white quality Lightsaber at creation so we can have a lightsaber. No bonus stats, or Force Power, that does 1 damage per strike)

Only allow Sorcerers to use the combat skills Saber Strike and Thrash, make sure no stat boosts the damage.

Force Lighting heals enemy NPC's and Enemy Players in PvP.

Remove 1% of the starting health each level gained, to a maximum of 50% original health lost at level 50.

There you go. Sorcerer fixed.

I guess I'm in the minority. I'm spec'd full balance/madness with my sage and my sorcerer and consistently in the top 2 or 3 in damage done every warzone, and I do 100k heals just through our free self heal and the healing from my dot crits.

PvP is frustrating at first, but that's true for every class. Getting matched up against war hero geared opponents when you are just starting out is a terrible grind. I'm currently in about half war hero gear, and I don't find survivability to be too much of an issue.

We don't have defensive cooldowns. That is why we got a free self heal that crits for 5k on low cooldown. Combine that with force armor and med packs/stims, and you have quite a bit of survivability.

I don't understand why people think sorcerers/sages should be able to stand toe-to-toe with a melee class at melee range. I own melee classes all the time, and I do it by using the tools at my disposal. As a Madness sorc, I have a two second root on 9 second cooldown, force slow, knockback, a stun, a mez, a spammable filler attack with auto-slow, escape speed. I mean, if you are letting a melee class beat on you long enough to kill you every time, it is a l2p issue.

If I'm caught when all my stuns are on cooldown along with my stun-breaker, yeah, I can get whipped. That's true for any class.

The one criticism that I think has some merit is our lack of an execute. Sorcs aren't broken in PvP. They could use a minor damage buff, perhaps from an execute. The real issue is the continued lack of a nerf for the derp-smash spec. We are very competitive in DPS if you know what you are doing. It's just not a face-roll class like Marauders are.

And I will agree that the devs have been shamefully unresponsive to the concerns of sorcerers and sages. Marauders get a dev response every time they start a QQ thread. Sages and sorcerers have made legitimate complaints for months about damage (particularly in PvE) and never seem to get a response from a dev.