My taste of the novel Annihilation(SPOILER)

Slowpokeking

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bahaha keep living in that dream of yours fanboy .

Nice, you can only call people fanboys now.

All we have is Sidious' own thoughts of his order in EP I, but that was only his own thoughts and it was like 1999, the only pre PT EU is TotJ.

And

This time, however, he was able to communicate directly with George Lucas, who Veitch said "loved the idea," and who gave Veitch free rein to write and explore the Star Wars universe 4,000 years before A New Hope. Lucas's one condition was that Veitch had to get final approval from him on the comic's storyline.

GL permitted the writing of TotJ by himself.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Nice, you can only call people fanboys now.

GL permitted the writing of TotJ by himself.

George also permitted the return of Sidious and the cloning along with the entire Post-ROTJ EU. Which he later said NEVER happens. whats your point? :rolleyes:

Edited by Girdeux

George also permitted the return of Sidious and the cloning along with the entire Post-ROTJ EU. Which he later said NEVER happens. whats your point? :rolleyes:

The return of Sidious was not permitted by him, it was his idea, just later he didn't like it, but he still permits all the EU and even wrote a few stuff for them.

Also he never said nothing happened before The New Sith War, so your argument of no Sith before Ruin(even that is a name given by EU) is not vaild.

My one worry is the fact that the class stories are going to be scrapped for planet quest lines considering the events in the book lets hope I am wrong.

Honestly now I have no interest in the book, going by the reviews on amazon the book is from bad to mediocre. People are saying in the reviews karrid is not all that smart or cunning either just lucky.

Edited by lokdron

Considering the amount of derp the Empire pulls in act three onwards and how unorganised the Dark Council is, I can't say I'm surprised they're being crushed.

That said, I will be entirely disappointed if they don't get their crap together at some point. Having one faction pummeling the other into dust is most of the reason I lost patience with WoW's story.

[edit] hang on, Jace Malcom is Supreme Commander now? What happened to Rans?

Edited by Bleeters

Considering the amount of derp the Empire pulls in act three onwards and how unorganised the Dark Council is, I can't say I'm surprised they're being crushed.

That said, I will be entirely disappointed if they don't get their crap together at some point. Having one faction pummeling the other into dust is most of the reason I lost patience with WoW's story.

Exactly I thought the war is going to be more balanced going back and forth between the two sides but bioware seems to just want the republic hammer the empire into dust. I said in another thread if it keeps going like this empire players are going to start to leave since they will start to feel their stories are meaningless.

That's what I wanna know. If I had to guess, than perhaps he retired after that botched assassination attempt he almost fell victim to during the Battle of Ilum. This novel has quite a few of inconsistencies with the game that I almost want to disregard it entirely.

That's what I wanna know. If I had to guess, than perhaps he retired after that botched assassination attempt he almost fell victim to during the Battle of Ilum. This novel has quite a few of inconsistencies with the game that I almost want to disregard it entirely.

I suppose that makes sense. He does go from being captured and tortured by the Empire to having a bomb explode in the room he's in, after all. That's a rough couple of days by anyone's stretch of the imagination.

Still, I'm surprised. He's supposed to be the most dedicated and driven of the Republic's military leadership, and didn't seem all that badly wounded afterwards. I was just hoping the novel would state why, rather than slapping the title on another character for apparently no better reason than to make him important again.

Edited by Bleeters

You do realize the Empire loses this war, right?

Does it? Who says? just beacuse there is a Republic in two thousand years doesn't mean it's the same one as is here now.

This is a new era, a blank slate. The next age is called "The Dark Age of The Republic" and that's not until the year 2,000bby, we are in like 3,658bby, 1,500 of blank history no need to kill the Empire in like 20 years.

Does it? Who says? just beacuse there is a Republic in two thousand years doesn't mean it's the same one as is here now.

This is a new era, a blank slate. The next age is called "The Dark Age of The Republic" and that's not until the year 2,000bby, we are in like 3,658bby, 1,500 of blank history no need to kill the Empire in like 20 years.

No. theres small references between the TOR game and Ruin about the Republic still being around. Even then there is another Darth who rises up to fight the Republic that has no affiliation to the empire in a few hundred years.

You do realize the Empire loses this war, right?

Not much of a war if 1 side always loses. The Empire can have a few victories and still lose overall. (Really, just let a few of our Sith Lords win and gain some power, and they'll probably destroy the Empire for you trying to take control of it for themselves).

*shrugs*

The book lacked something for me and I am not sure what. I liked the hero, I like master Gnost-Dural, I like the fact it was about a SIS agent not an army of jedi. I like the idea of the story.

However as many people said while Gnost-Dural was what I expected the SIth always seem simple and stupid. Also while I was happy to see the republic win I too am mainly an empire player and would like a book that would show them as more that simple minded fools who are not losing every battle.

Still I imagine a book like this is tough to write because of limits put on the story, the author also gets garanteed sales I only bought it because I play TOR. Still it was an enjoyable read and I was happy Gnost-Dural didn't die even though in truth his plan was retarded.

I must say, I did enjoy some DK previous works, but this one felt uninspired.

Also the constant "REPUBLIC WINZ / EMPIRE LOZER" is really out of place in this era or any other, if opposite forces aren't equals during the period of the game or era then why even bother telling it?

To be honest I'm starting to wonder if my opinion on D.K. has been the wrong one all along.

Edited by yoomazir