Regarding server queues

StephenReid

are you trolling?

BioWare invited the people in the game right now they know exactly how many people would be trying to use the game during early access. Are you seriously suggesting that they have no more servers to bring on line on the 20th, when they can no longer control the population?

You attempted to sound wise but came across a fool. And just so you know you CAN actually go to a store and order a server. You can actually buy the parts and quickly assemble them yourself IF you are trained and are you suggesting that they have NO trained personel at their server farms?

They know exactly how many people are trying to use the game during early access but they don't know which server each one of those people are going to log on to.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you trolling?

BioWare invited the people in the game right now they know exactly how many people would be trying to use the game during early access. Are you seriously suggesting that they have no more servers to bring on line on the 20th, when they can no longer control the population?

You attempted to sound wise but came across a fool. And just so you know you CAN actually go to a store and order a server. You can actually buy the parts and quickly assemble them yourself IF you are trained and are you suggesting that they have NO trained personel at their server farms?

I'm not suggesting its not a possible option, I am suggesting that its a weekend and good luck getting them to FIX IT RIGHT NOW OR I'LL CANCEL

They know exactly how many people are trying to use the game during early access but they don't know which server each one of those people are going to log on to.

Actually they even have a fair idea to that thanks to Guild assignments

That argument would work if only a few servers had this issue, not the vast majority (80%+).

I didn't even get a chance to play today, I waited about an hour and thirty minutes in queue, choose my character, and halfway through the loading screen, the game just closes itself for no real reason. Reopen, back of the line, the queue is roughly 20%-30% larger. I hope the queues get fixed, I would like to play the game and see if it's worth it, and not make a decision because of issues that really aren't the games fault.

Actually they even have a fair idea to that thanks to Guild assignments

There are probably just as many people that aren't in a guild as are in. I know on my server I see plenty of unguilded people running around. This is probably a large part of the problem though. You have a large guild on a server add a good server name and you get long queues.

lol Stop being such a Fanboi, seriously if your gonna troll someone at least add some common sense to it did you buy BF3 on pre-release? Did you not find a server you could play on?

Did you buy the latest version of CoD and not find a server you could play on?

No of course not because the game player numbers were considered and servers were made available.

Those games were all new sure there were bugs, sure there were issues but none of them prevented people from playing what they had bought. This IS preventing people playing what they have bought. They have spent real money to play it and they cannot, If you went to a restaurant and ordered a meal after sitting there for 2 hours your meal hadnt arrived would you still pay for it? I dont think so, this is the same way many are feeling here because they havent got 2 hours to waste looking at a counter slowly dropping away, they may only have 2 hours a day to play.

Wake up they all cant be like you and be able to sit in front of their PC 14 hours a day :p

On the contrary, its easier for me to do this NOT sitting in front of my PC 14 hours a day. While you stare at your counter, screaming at it to go faster because you can't possibly wait another second due to the fact you have 0 patience, I choose to just do other **** and check back on it now and then. its not the end of the world.

Easy solution to the BS queues that kept me from playing all weekend followed by 1003 errors when I'd get 90% into my queue wait, forcing me to re-queue:

Go to Origin Help and...

"Hi I need to change the CC you're going to auto charge when the game launches, do I have to cancel my pre-order?"

Yes.

"Cool, can you do that so I can re-order" (lol no thanks just want my money back and not to have to pay for something I'm not actually receiving)

Sure, let me cancel that - and done.

There you go guys. Your solution. Back to Skyrim or something other than staring at my queue time. Maybe I'll play a couple months down the road when this gets sorted in better fashion (and **** about the qq and zomg it's an mmo launch crap, I don't care). Until then get your mmo on with any one of the other games that this clones aside from the star wars paint job and settings. We all knew what this was and they've even admitted. I just wish that given the company and the ip they were dealing with things could have gone down a little more gracefully.

Actually how about instead, you get some damned patience. Let me guess, your solution to this problem is to throw more servers to play on? TRIPLE THE SERVERS!

Obviously, that will solve the problem.

You honestly think that the pre-order sales will be greater than the none pre-order sales? I'd love to see a documented case where pre-order sales out paced the none pre-order sales.

And why should I have patience? BioWare is working with KNOWN quanities. They KNOW how much their servers can handle, they KNOW how many servers they have operating and they KNOW how many people they invited.

The whole POINT of early access was to spread out the populations on the servers but when people have hardly any play time because of queues then it defeats the purpose. As they people are still going to be on the starter planets or the capital planets. Where populations are going to be the largest come launch.

Yes they should have Many more servers then they needed to server the EARLY access crowd. Early access servers should have been UNDER POPULATED so that come launch when the servers fill up these early access players would be in areas zones not impacting launch players.

Right now the servers are congested and filled with Queues with Queue times INCREASING each day and launch hasn't even started yet.

Right now BioWare controls every aspect of the situation on the 20th they will lose control of the populations numbers.

11 hours in ques... 22 minutes of play time. Best experience ever! You guys are genius. This is customer satisfaction at its finest.

Got an idea, have one of your devs sit in the que from 800 to 21, get dropped and see the awesome 1002 error. It tells you your character is still logged in and you can't even get back in the que! Its AWESOME, I am just loving this game. The good news is this. If you wait about 20 minutes, you can go back in the que to #800 and wait all over again. You won't actually be able to get in the game and play, but you can maybe get under 100 in the que to do it all over again.

I am quite certain I am no longer part of the guild. Thanks for auto-selecting my guild to Anchorhead. This is awesome...

While Bioware is working on fixing this im setting up my computer for remote desktop connection. And Im going to connect to it from work and login to the game about 2 hours before I quit for the day. If I do that I should be on the character screen about when I get home :)

This is a really smart idea... stealing it!

Agreed, these are the longest waits. All the other servers are 30 minutes or less.

Ok. How about this go look at The swift sure time if you can. Easily the highest and its higher then the Harbringer btw. "Unofficial oceanic server" FTL

On the contrary, its easier for me to do this NOT sitting in front of my PC 14 hours a day. While you stare at your counter, screaming at it to go faster because you can't possibly wait another second due to the fact you have 0 patience, I choose to just do other **** and check back on it now and then. its not the end of the world.

LOL on the contrary, I dont sit at my pc screaming for the counter to go faster, because as luck would have it I do have the time to wait doing other things, im blessed like that. And I do get to play, lucky me ;)

However I do have common sense and I do recognise there are many other people in the world other than myself who dont share my luxury, therefor I can sympathise with their plight and I can see their point of view. If I was unlucky enough to be in their position I would be frustrated and annoyed that something I had spent my hard earned cash on I couldnt use and I would hope I had the right to complain that I couldnt use what I had spent my money on without someone standing there telling me im an idiot for doing just that. ;)

one thing i would like to ask for while waiting in a que can we get the ablility to scroll thru the server list. i would like that alot as every night it seems like i have a 20 min wait on my server i would like while waiting to get logged in the opportunity to look and see if any servers catch my eye that are not in que status so i can quickly make up my mind wether or not to re-roll on another server