Scheduled Maintenance: June 10th, 2014

ServerDroid

Nightmare Mode Dread Palace is now available! Return to Oricon to face off against Dread Masters Bestia, Tyrans, Calphayrus, and Raptus, who are now more powerful than ever before! Defeat this new difficulty while Nightmare Power is active to earn a new title!

I note the:

Defeat this new difficulty while Nightmare Power is active to earn a new title!

Now based upon past comments, it was my understand that the Nightmare Power buff would be removed from Dread Fortress when Dread Palace went live, but at no time do I remember any official comment from BioWare staff saying that the Nightmare Power buff would move to Dread Palace. The implication given before was that this buff would only be a one time thing with Dread Fortress only! Was I wrong or was this never made clear?

If this really is transferring to Dread Palace, what probable length of time do we have to defeat this encounter?

Edited by Lynsunom

I note the:

Now based upon past comments, it was my understand that the Nightmare Power buff would be removed from Dread Fortress when Dread Palace went live, but at no time do I remember any official comment from BioWare staff saying that the Nightmare Power buff would move to Dread Palace. The implication given before was that this buff would only be a one time thing with Dread Fortress only! Was I wrong or was this never made clear?

If this really is transferring to Dread Palace, what probable length of time do we have to defeat this encounter?

I remember it being somewhere that all new nim mode ops would have nim power until removed later on, having a limited time title to all new nightmares

Bounty Contract Week returns! The event runs from June 10th 12:00 GMT to June 17th 12:00 GMT.

Date: Tuesday June 10th

Duration: 6 hours

Time: 2AM PST (9AM GMT) - 8AM PST (3PM GMT)

Not that the couple hours would matter much, but I just find this funny...

Edited by Karkais

While I find PVE bolster silly also, I would love to hear clarification about player skill thats needed for wearing gear.

Well, for a freshie, they would have needed to spend a modicum of time to earn some elites/ultis, or at the very least run the Oricon for entry gear, which would have gotten them into weeklies - if anything, acquire SOME skills, coming fresh from Cartoon Network leveling gameplay. Now every "story driven player" will come with an attitude and zero skills, then yell at the "elitists" because they wipe and they are starting to get pissed about 200k repair bills - "Hey! Stop being a bully! Bioware made the game this way so you MUST put up with me! You elitist, you! I have every right to be here in my bolstered blues and no knowledge of my class whatsoever, let alone being able to look past the bars for skills to interrupt or positioning!".

Best idea would be to make the op as it is done now and queue it as a group, rather than roll the dice for ... entitled players.

Edited by Styxx

Well, for a freshie, they would have needed to spend a modicum of time to earn some elites/ultis, or at the very least run the Oricon for entry gear, which would have gotten them into weeklies - if anything, acquire SOME skills, coming fresh from Cartoon Network leveling gameplay.

And how is this related to for example an experienced player playing an alt that has not yet acquired the necessary gear? In my opinion gear is always a representative of work, not skill. I am also vehemently against gear progression MMOs, and would be out of here in a flash if there existed a meaningful sandbox mmo alternative, with preferably no gear progression or class system.

And how is this related to for example an experienced player playing an alt that has not yet acquired the necessary gear? In my opinion gear is always a representative of work, not skill. I am also vehemently against gear progression MMOs, and would be out of here in a flash if there existed a meaningful sandbox mmo alternative, with preferably no gear progression or class system.

SOME work is better than NO work - good for rotations and awareness if anything. Also good for incidents like a guy not knowing he has an interrupt or what that interrupt is at Draxus, in 168 / 180 gear. Or tanks that couldn`t sink in their thick skulls that the weekly boss in SnV needs to face AWAY from the raid.

However, your original question was answered. You don`t like the answer, that is your problem, not mine. We could also argue that NiM progression is just muscle memory and training monkeys in top gear, but then we`d need to provide proof that most of the servers have 5/5 NiM progression, which is slightly unrealistic. So work has its meaning - and work for gear is better than no work at all and a big mouth.

Edited by Styxx