Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else taken a look at the things they'll be talking about at the San Diego Comic-Con?

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120706-0

While I'm sure we'll get all kinds of news, one thing in particular caught my eye: the "Meet the Companions of SW:TOR" panel. Complete with the premiere of a "brand new video". Call me crazy, but wouldn't a major discussion about companions be the perfect place to debut new companion romances? SGRs included, obviously. :p

No way to know before it happens, but SDCC is next weekend. We shall see. :D

Has anyone else taken a look at the things they'll be talking about at the San Diego Comic-Con?

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120706-0

While I'm sure we'll get all kinds of news, one thing in particular caught my eye: the "Meet the Companions of SW:TOR" panel. Complete with the premiere of a "brand new video". Call me crazy, but wouldn't a major discussion about companions be the perfect place to debut new companion romances? SGRs included, obviously. :p

No way to know before it happens, but SDCC is next weekend. We shall see. :D

I've been seeing a **** ton of talk about companions recently and Kelly Hu claimed on her twitter she had returned to Star Wars (She voiced Visas Marr) , whether or not that is the Old Republic is not a question where I have an answer.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

I've been seeing a **** ton of talk about companions recently and Kelly Hu claimed on her twitter she had returned to Star Wars (She voiced Visas Marr) , whether or not that is the Old Republic is not a question where I have an answer.

Kelly Hu. <3

She could be going to work on the TCW series, but I would love to hear her voice in TOR. :D

Been in luv with her since she was on Nash Bridges way back in the day. :)

Edited by Captain_Zone

It has been months since we last hear something about SGRA: wouldn't be better to make some noise again? Maybe they can understandt that new romance/companion relation possibilities mean more gameplay => game longevity => the people keep paying the sub.

And besides, they promised Sgra almost one year ago, before the launch itself, and at present time we don't have even an hunch about it.

I just realized that by implementing SGR options you could get into a situation with a bi warrior where Malavai, pierce, Vette, and jaesa find out youve been romancing the other 3. I was gonna role a twilek to have a romance with vette but if bioware introduces SGR i will flirt with all 4.

P.S sorry broonmark it looks like cross species relationships with non near humans arent coming

I just realized that by implementing SGR options you could get into a situation with a bi warrior where Malavai, pierce, Vette, and jaesa find out youve been romancing the other 3. I was gonna role a twilek to have a romance with vette but if bioware introduces SGR i will flirt with all 4.

P.S sorry broonmark it looks like cross species relationships with non near humans arent coming

That's the reason why I (and other ppl) think that they're going to add new specifically companions for SGRA: the point is that all of that are speculations, nothing more, because BW has not given any info about.

That's the reason why I (and other ppl) think that they're going to add new specifically companions for SGRA: the point is that all of that are speculations, nothing more, because BW has not given any info about.

does that mean that when my smuggler gets to makeb he might meet the criminal hairdresser for drooga the hutt:D

that would be [HILARIOUS

Edited by DreksOrden

I understand why you think that. The original announcement, nearly a year ago, seemed to suggest SGRs would be with new companions. However, at the guild summit, BioWare said they knew what companions they would do SGRs with, companions that it made sense for, and said they wouldn't tell us who. While this doesn't outright say SGRs will be with current companions, it implies it, since I doubt they would say they wouldn't tell us who the companions were if we didn't already know those companions. Please take a look at the guild summit video for that, I linked it in a post I made on the first page of this thread. :)

Otherwise, they could have said something like "You can have a same-gender relationship with Jek'ula!" and left us all wondering who the frack Jek'ula was. :D

As for not getting any new info, yeah, I think we're all tired of hearing nothing. But also at the guild summit, BW was very specific in saying they would talk about SGRs when they were done. On one hand, this makes sense, as they won't want to say someone is an SGR option and then have that not work out. After the ranked PvP problem, I can see why they're handling new features that way.

On the other hand, throw us a frickin' bone, would you, BW? :confused:

I asked an in-game CSR about getting word on this earlier and was told we need to wait for developer feedback, and to keep up-to-date with the developer tracker. I took that to mean "*** is this? Same-sex romances? I don't even know what that is, copy pasta time :S"

But then I'm getting a little disenchanted with Bioware.

I asked an in-game CSR about getting word on this earlier and was told we need to wait for developer feedback, and to keep up-to-date with the developer tracker. I took that to mean "*** is this? Same-sex romances? I don't even know what that is, copy pasta time :S"

But then I'm getting a little disenchanted with Bioware.

EA Customer Service <---(oxymoron) is not BioWare. Ingame CS is run by EA, which is the main reason why they have no clue usually when it comes to fixing problems. BioWare has been pretty forthcoming since the last "failure to communicate" debacle. We just need more Q&A sessions with them.

Edited by Captain_Zone

That certainly explains why one CSR I spoke to was adamant Mercenaries had an interrupt. Hopefully Comic Con will sort a few things out.

In the loosest sense of the term, Electro Dart IS an interrupt. But I definitely get your meaning. My main is a Mercenary. lol

If none of the current companions gets available for SGR, I will be HUGELY disappointed :(

I understand why you think that. The original announcement, nearly a year ago, seemed to suggest SGRs would be with new companions. However, at the guild summit, BioWare said they knew what companions they would do SGRs with, companions that it made sense for, and said they wouldn't tell us who. While this doesn't outright say SGRs will be with current companions, it implies it, since I doubt they would say they wouldn't tell us who the companions were if we didn't already know those companions. Please take a look at the guild summit video for that, I linked it in a post I made on the first page of this thread. :)

Otherwise, they could have said something like "You can have a same-gender relationship with Jek'ula!" and left us all wondering who the frack Jek'ula was. :D

There is another interpretation for that though. If writing takes such a long lead time, then it's likely they know about companions that aren't in the game yet (and possibly have known about them since before launch). They're not likely to tell us that though, because they want to keep us guessing.

On the other hand, throw us a frickin' bone, would you, BW? :confused:

^ 100% this.

There is another interpretation for that though. If writing takes such a long lead time, then it's likely they know about companions that aren't in the game yet (and possibly have known about them since before launch). They're not likely to tell us that though, because they want to keep us guessing.

Hrm. Y'know, that makes perfect sense, and I didn't even think about it that way. I am enlightened, and yet bothered.

I mean, I like the idea of companions written from the start with SGRs in mind, so the same-gender stuff doesn't seem tacked-on and there's a smaller chance of people saying it's out of character. But at the same time, I really don't like the idea of only post-launch companions being SGR-enabled. Not only would it mean we don't get to have SGRs with the companions we've come to know and love, but it would mean anyone who wants an SGR would have to wait much longer to get it than people pursuing OGRs. And that just seems unfair and a bad way to handle this.

It's still all speculation, unfortunately. Hopefully we'll get some news from the SDCC panel, since there's one all about companions.

Hrm. Y'know, that makes perfect sense, and I didn't even think about it that way. I am enlightened, and yet bothered.

I mean, I like the idea of companions written from the start with SGRs in mind, so the same-gender stuff doesn't seem tacked-on and there's a smaller chance of people saying it's out of character. But at the same time, I really don't like the idea of only post-launch companions being SGR-enabled. Not only would it mean we don't get to have SGRs with the companions we've come to know and love, but it would mean anyone who wants an SGR would have to wait much longer to get it than people pursuing OGRs. And that just seems unfair and a bad way to handle this.

It's still all speculation, unfortunately. Hopefully we'll get some news from the SDCC panel, since there's one all about companions.

While my Sith is enjoying his wonderful Ashara, I always thought Talos Drellik could be an option for SGR (especially in one of his conversations which would be a great way to hit it off). Same with females and Ashara, I can see it working out even though I will not pursue it.

Same gender relations need to happen sooner rather than later. It seems that the graphics and whatnots have taken precedence which is fine, but it is past time that these were implemented. I have been looking forward to a relationship with Corso Riggs, Quinn, and Torian. I know that others are hoping for different companions. It would seem like the voice acting wouldn't take that long to record and patch in.

Ally /signed. Give my femJK Kira! :D

/signed with FemJC/Nadia and FemBH/Mako... And FemIA/Temple...

... I really hate most of the romanceable male companions, Quinn and Doc seem nice but I don't have a Warrior and my Knight is male (and likes Kira, thank you!). *facedesk*

Edited by HellbirdIV