Why was the Outlander so weak before Vaylin and Arcann?

Slowpokeking

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Potential KOTFE Spoilers follow.

Vs Vaylin, Round 1

This happens during Chapter III, after the Outlander has just been revived from carbonite. After five years. Even with Lana's cure, the combination of hibernation sickness and carbonite poisoning has no doubt weakened the Outlander significantly, so even if they were strong enough to go toe-to-toe with Vaylin at full strength, fighting her now is a losing proposition. Also, you never actually fight her, Koth intervenes before she can kill Lana or you.

Vs Arcann, Round 1

Chapter VIII, in the Scion's hideout. Here, again, the fight is interrupted before its conclusion, I can't really say that it was a victory for either Arcann or the Outlander.

Vs Vaylin, Round 2

Chapter VIII, outside the Gravestone. Once again, you never have the chance to fight her - Senya manages to surprise you and Force Pushes you out of the fight. Given that Senya herself is not only able to hold her own but actually win their duel, I'd say the Outlander would have stood a fair chance of killing Vaylin themselves, but they were needed elsewhere.

Vs Arcann, Round 2

Chapter VIII, docking tower. This one, I admit, I'm really making excuses for, but here goes. Arcann does gain his second wind here, and his rage at the possibility that he is actually losing may have given him a burst of strength. Furthermore, Valkorion is still trying to manipulate you into using his power at this point, so he may have a hand in making you appear outmatched so that you will turn to him. And if you do, you not only throw Arcann out the window, you kill every living thing in a several kilometer cone outside the tower.

How many hours did it take Han Solo to even be able to see straight after only two years in the freezer and not being poisoned?

Also, keep in mind who these are the children of. They crafted their own lightsabers at an age when most kids are eating paste.

How many?

I mean my agent fit the ***-kicked scene, but characters like Nox or Hero of Tython should be a match of them or kick their ***. Nox is such a powerful Sith and Hero of Tyrthon was able to defeat a host of the Emperor.

Arcann is even stronger. Likely he could perform all the feats the wrath, hero of tython, and consular can as well. It's just that simple. He's more powerful.

Arcann is even stronger. Likely he could perform all the feats the wrath, hero of tython, and consular can as well. It's just that simple. He's more powerful.

He's stronger, doesn't mean he can do everything they can do, especially the feats involving Jedi healing rituals, I think. If I've gotten any impression off of Arcaan, it's that for all his power he's about as subtle in its use as an angry child with a big hammer.

He's stronger, doesn't mean he can do everything they can do, especially the feats involving Jedi healing rituals, I think. If I've gotten any impression off of Arcaan, it's that for all his power he's about as subtle in its use as an angry child with a big hammer.

Oh, I didn't mean he has all their techniques. By that statement I meant "The feats our characters have he can match." as in the people we defeated, the quests we've been on, etc.

Yup. Revan was stronger than Nox as well. Nox, Wrath, Hero, and Barsenthor are all about equal.

Nox is different in that he's all but impossible to kill. Thanaton already tried it twice. One didn't stick and the other - when Nox had reached max power - bounced off. Fully powered and "centered" (not sick, ready to use ghosts) he'd wipe the floor with Arcann. Arcann isn't into Force magic, as Valk brutally demonstrates.

Vaylin is another story. She almost entirely fights with the Force, which she can use naturally per her mother.

Speaking of Senya, I think she's downplaying her own power a lot.

Edited by Canareth

Yeah I think few doubt Raven is stronger then any of those 4 but I mean Arcann and Vaylinn are any of those 2 more powerful then Nox and have the same feats?

Well considering I consider Nox to be the most likely to lose in a fight between the 4 main force users ya.

Do try to realize everyone has different opinions on who is the strongest of the 4 force users.

Well considering I consider Nox to be the most likely to lose in a fight between the 4 main force users ya.

Do try to realize everyone has different opinions on who is the strongest of the 4 force users.

Yeah but here is the thing while I do not doubt that his natural force powers are not on the tier of the other 3 with the ghosts and the new body who can take the power of the ghosts he is and above that immortal. I do not get why he did not shrugged the lightsaber in his chest of and continued to fight.

Yeah but here is the thing while I do not doubt that his natural force powers are not on the tier of the other 3 with the ghosts and the new body who can take the power of the ghosts he is and above that immortal. I do not get why he did not shrugged the lightsaber in his chest of and continued to fight.

Even without the ghosts, he/she should still be quite powerful.

You can choose to release the ghosts in the end, only 1 will remain if you are Dark Side.

If he was stronger, why did the Emperor choose us?

More potential? Remember we were in carbonite for years. In that time Arcann, like most force users, would only have grown more powerful. Despite that we were able to put up a fight twice. If we were active in those five years? We would have demolished him.

Nox is different in that he's all but impossible to kill. Thanaton already tried it twice. One didn't stick and the other - when Nox had reached max power - bounced off. Fully powered and "centered" (not sick, ready to use ghosts) he'd wipe the floor with Arcann. Arcann isn't into Force magic, as Valk brutally demonstrates.

Vaylin is another story. She almost entirely fights with the Force, which she can use naturally per her mother.

Speaking of Senya, I think she's downplaying her own power a lot.

He's not impossible to kill. We haven't seen him decapitated. The first time he was left for dead. The second time he took Thanaton out with him. He's immortal, not invincible, and there are methods in which the ghosts might be exercised.

As for Nox continuing to fight with a lightsaber through his chest? He isn't undead. His body still has to recover. When Thanaton thought he was dead Nox was definitely out of the fight.

To slowpoke even if you play as the Sorcerer we know Arcann is more powerful than us. Valkorion tells us we can't beat him. Period.

Edited by Rhyltran

Yeah I think few doubt Revan is stronger then any of those 4 but I mean Arcann and Vaylinn are any of those 2 more powerful then Nox and have the same feats?

Well I think Revan was as strong as BW needed him to be in the SOR expansion I don't really think it was a true showing of his power, they needed Revan to be the big bad so he was but come on really he was a strong as potentially 2 jedi masters, and 2 dark council members, I don't think revans power is at Emperor level.

But in terms of KoTFE firstly its more of the same, they just need them to be stronger than our outlander so he is but also I feel one of 2 things:

1) this is many many years before Han Solo and carbonite, perhaps the process is not nearly as refined as it was in the films and that our outlander is still feeling the effects of 5 years frozen.

2) I feel that the emperor is toying with us, it would not surprise me if he was trying to manipulate me into using his powers by slightly surpressing my own to further tempt me into using them.

In terms of Darth Nox, I have not done the expansion yet but has it been clarified as to whether they released their force ghosts or not? while I am sure the inquisitor is strong in their own right, I think that it was only the ghosts that allowed them to beat Thanaton, but that's just my personal opinion on what I have seen so far.

In terms of Darth Nox, I have not done the expansion yet but has it been clarified as to whether they released their force ghosts or not? while I am sure the inquisitor is strong in their own right, I think that it was only the ghosts that allowed them to beat Thanaton, but that's just my personal opinion on what I have seen so far.

Hmm. I can't give you an answer now, because my Nox is only level 53 (and I need to crank her DS to V). An insta-60 SI comes out as a neutral Imperious (go figure) rather than a Nox.

It will be interesting to see how that plays on my Nox - she kept all the ghosts, because she's nasty like that. (But even she took LS points for the Rakata thing on Belsavis.)

Hmm. I can't give you an answer now, because my Nox is only level 53 (and I need to crank her DS to V). An insta-60 SI comes out as a neutral Imperious (go figure) rather than a Nox.

It will be interesting to see how that plays on my Nox - she kept all the ghosts, because she's nasty like that. (But even she took LS points for the Rakata thing on Belsavis.)

Darth Imperius is LS title.

Anyways, story does not change regardless of your alignment of any class as far as I know.

Darth Imperius is LS title.

Anyways, story does not change regardless of your alignment of any class as far as I know.

Yes, I know Imperious is the LS title. An insta-60 SI will have, like all brand-new characters, 0 dark and 0 light points, therefore neutral, but the cinematics address the character as Darth Imperious. That's why I added "(go figure)".

Sort of. The broad-strokes view, no, but certain individual conversations seem to be sensitive to the player's choices being out of character, like a Light V character saying to Lana to let Talek have it (DS choice). Lana will then mention that you've changed since she knew you on Manaan/Rishi/Yavin/Ziost. A Dark V character making the same choice, I'd guess, won't get that conversation.

I'm curious where you get that impression though. It seems pretty obvious the Inquisitor is absurdly powerful compared to all the other candidates to be Zash's apprentice, to the point they beat a dashaad assassin, a monster whose sole job is to devour force users, with a training saber (admittedly, Khem had just woken up and probably wasn't at full strength, but still...)

Heck, I can see why someone else in the thread thinks they are immortal. They survive practically everything in the galaxy trying to kill them at some point (a fact not even lost on the Inquisitor).

"I am Yadira Ban, padawan of the Jedi Order, and I have been sent to protect the general and stop you!"

"I completely understand, my master tried to kill me as well."

I'm curious where you get that impression though. It seems pretty obvious the Inquisitor is absurdly powerful compared to all the other candidates to be Zash's apprentice, to the point they beat a dashaad assassin, a monster whose sole job is to devour force users, with a training saber (admittedly, Khem had just woken up and probably wasn't at full strength, but still...)

Heck, I can see why someone else in the thread thinks they are immortal. They survive practically everything in the galaxy trying to kill them at some point (a fact not even lost on the Inquisitor).

"I am Yadira Ban, padawan of the Jedi Order, and I have been sent to protect the general and stop you!"

"I completely understand, my master tried to kill me as well."

Well that is because he lost against Darth Thanaton very very fast simple as that. The other sith manged to kill a dark council member sure not alone but to get to that dark council member he had to kill dozen upon dozen of sith force users to get to him and he was the strongest of the 2 who killed that dark council member.

Here is how I see things tier 1 average sith/jedi aprrentice and padawan, tier 2 average sith lord/jedi knight, tier 3 average jedi master/darth sith, tier 4 most of the jedi council member/ dark council member,Dread Master and tier 5 Darth Marr, Malgus, jedi master Satele Shan, Wrath, HOT, Warden of the Order.

I will put Darth Nox before the ghosts at tier 3 close to tier 4 after ghosts he is tier 5. Do not get me wrong as a sith lord he was stronger then a jedi master.