PTS - Things to Come

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As I mentioned in the changes thread, there are some changes that didn't make their way into the build today that we are still looking at. Note that this is not a comprehensive list of everything! These are just some of the bigger things we would still like to change before 5.9.2 ships.

• The ability to sort your Stronghold list.
  • Get resolve bars to show on portraits in the Rishi SH.
  • The ability for players to completely turn off PvP in their Rishi SH.
  • Make it so that SH keys determine players ability to use terminals in another players SH.
  • Address the remaining LoS issues for decorations, especially related to channeled and AoE abilities.

Again, that is not everything but are some of the issues we are still actively working on. Thanks everyone, keep the feedback coming.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Being able to sort my Stronghold list? Amazing!

Ability to turn off PvP in the Rishi SH? Awesome!

Thanks for the update, Eric Musco. :)

Hey folks,

• Make it so that SH keys determine players ability to use terminals in another players SH.
  • Address the remaining LoS issues for decorations, especially related to channeled and AoE abilities.

-eric

Really glad to see you've been taking our feedback to heart and have been making changes accordingly! The remaining *hoped* changes are also amazing. Sorting strongholds is long-awaited! Turning off PvP on Rishi will be a huge correction to the complaints. And LoS decor issues have been an itchy problem. Also, I'm interested in how you're looking into key accessibility. Keys determining who can turn on/off the PvP matches will be great.

It all looks really great guys. Keep up the good work. :)

Great to hear! I don't care about turning off the PvP features (although I know that was highly requested), but I like everything else.

Also, how about allowing guilds to get a second guild stronghold? By now, there are so many strongholds that it makes sense to give guilds a second guild stronghold (in addition to the flagship and first stronghold).

Since the Rishi stronghold has PvP features that are great for tournaments, my guild is considering using it as a guild stronghold, but we don't want to lose our existing fully-decorated guild stronghold. Please allow guilds to have one flagship and two strongholds.

Edited by Jerba

Hey folks,

As I mentioned in the changes thread, there are some changes that didn't make their way into the build today that we are still looking at. Note that this is not a comprehensive list of everything! These are just some of the bigger things we would still like to change before 5.9.2 ships.

-eric

I asked for this! I love you all! Take all my money! :D

Edited by Sarova

Hey folks,

Again, that is not everything but are some of the issues we are still actively working on. Thanks everyone, keep the feedback coming.

-eric

Please change the nameplates on vendors in strongholds back to green. They are blue on the PTS and very confusing!

I didn't read everything because I just came back from vacation late yesterday, but : Why not allow 2 instances of that stronghold ? One PvP and one PvE ? Like on planets ?

You might want to think that idea through a bit more before you get all gung ho over it.

1) it's not needed.. only a switch is needed. Keep things simple.

2) Strongholds have never been incorporated into PvE/PvP instancing that is on the current servers, so that would be a whole other ball of snakes to code up and debug (and bugs will still escape into the live servers).

3) IF.. IF they did what you fantasize about.. you would then have to decorate two instances rather than one.. because decorations placed by players are --> per instance. OR.. you might be forced to choose, and only allowed one instance of this Stronghold.. with no way to switch if you change you mind later. Yeah.. they could do massive code changes to change this to your personal whim .. and again... lots of extra work and lots of extra debug AND bugs will still escape into the live servers.

Generally speaking... it is a best practice to always take the simplest approach to fixing an issue or add a feature. Putting in a select switch for Stronghold Owners IS the simplest approach to something players have clearly expressed a strong need to have addressed (ie: not every Stronghold Owner wants PvP enabled in their Stronghold).

To the dev team ----> Thank you for addressing this very popular request to be able to apply a switch to turn the SH on or off for PvP. Simple.. should be pretty bullet proof, does not require any fundamental rework of the SH subsystems on the servers, and it allows players to change their mind later and not need to do anything other than flip a switch.

Edited by Andryah

I'm so excited about that list. Very happy! Many of those items have been asked for in more threads than I can count -- SH fans are going to be overjoyed when it hits production.

Is there any chance we'll be seeing an increase in the +/- 20 movement on the X/Y axis?

Is there any way the team could add a better, more versatile building to the Rishi SH? The round, windowless one room buildings are terribly limiting. Just because people might use the SH for PVP it doesn't mean they don't want a nice building to decorate and mess around with. Those one room, silo-like (and I'm from Kansas, I know a silo when I see one) rooms just don't have much to offer. They'd be fine if there was more to the SH on the planet, but the only other option is the ship and I didn't wait for a Rishi stronghold so I could decorate a ship. The ship is fine, and a fun addition, but a better building on the planet would take this SH to the next level and really give it something for everyone.

Hey folks,

-eric

Any updates to this or when some of these will be added since there is about a week or so before your suggested date of release will happen?