Flashpoint Dialogue

darren_

Hi, I recently subbed after trying the f2p option and have started to do the flashpoints.

But there is one thing bugging me about the party system. In my first flashpoint, Black Talon (I think it was called), I was asked to skip dialogue despite it being my first time playing the instance and wanting to see the story of it.

I ended up spamming space bar through every convo and it really ruined it for me, so I have 3 questions;

1. Does one person pressing space skip it for all players?

2. If not and it only skips for you, is there a way to see who has skipped and who hasnt?

3. Can the party leader skip for everyone and is there a way to see who is party leader?

Hi, I recently subbed after trying the f2p option and have started to do the flashpoints.

But there is one thing bugging me about the party system. In my first flashpoint, Black Talon (I think it was called), I was asked to skip dialogue despite it being my first time playing the instance and wanting to see the story of it.

I ended up spamming space bar through every convo and it really ruined it for me, so I have 3 questions;

1. Does one person pressing space skip it for all players?

2. If not and it only skips for you, is there a way to see who has skipped and who hasnt?

3. Can the party leader skip for everyone and is there a way to see who is party leader?

1. No, it does not.

2. There is no such way. You will only be a presented with a text at the bottom of the screen stating "Waiting on other players", or something like that.

3. In regards to the first part, I don't believe there is.

Pressing space bar skips the dialogues for you only. Since you are new here is a piece of advice: when you enter a FP make clear to everyone that you are a new player and will see EVERYTHING and experience each FP's story line. If they don't like it they can just sod off.

Play the game the way YOU like it, not the way others force you to.

Edited by Galentor

It's pretty easy to figure out who's not spacebarring. Someone can just ask who it is in chat. Normally it's the person who doesn't answer.

Though I never tell people to space bar.

If you're doing SM and it's your first time, you should just tell your group that. I've never seen a SM PUG get mad at a new person who wants to watch the scenes. If someone in your group does get mad, they can leave or suck it up. You can also leave and find a new group that wont mind.

Edited by Radzkie

It's pretty easy to figure out who's not spacebarring. Someone can just ask who it is in chat. Normally it's the person who doesn't answer.

Though I never tell people to space bar.

If you're doing SM and it's your first time, you should just tell your group that. I've never seen a SM PUG get mad at a new person who wants to watch the scenes. If someone in your group does get mad, they can leave or suck it up. You can also leave and find a new group that wont mind.

Heh, i went on a run of the Black Talon a while back with 2 veterans and a complete noob... The new guy told everyone that he wanted to view the story, but the vets started hassling him after the mission started... so he left...

After that, i spent the entire flashpoint not spacebaring, and every time they asked i just said "im spacebaring, i dont know who we are waiting for... maby its a glitch"...

Hehehe... love messing with people who are bullying others.

It's weird, I read all these stories about vets harassing new people about spacebarring, yet I've never seen it happen myself and I'm a vet. If I did see it happen, I wouldn't troll them because, personally, I think that'd make me no better, but I would offer to help out the new person in some way. Be it via advice or running him through the flash point again.

However I haven't PUGed a SM in a long time. I don't level many alts.

Edited by Radzkie

It's weird, I read all these stories about vets harassing new people about spacebarring. I've never seen it happen myself and I'm a vet. If I did see it happen, I wouldn't troll them because that'd make me no better, but I would offer to help out the new person in some way. Be it via advice or running him through the flash point again.

However I haven't PUGed a SM in a long time. I don't level many alts.

I've never seen it either and I am a new player (L48 now, on my first pc :)). Oh and the first time I ran Esseles was with a L50 vet who told me he replayed it often as he liked the storyline. He even laughed at one point during the automated conversation he was enjoying it that much.

Perhaps it depends on which type of server you choose? I am on a role-play server and don't see anything like the amount of 'social problems' other players experience.