BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

You should have only lost the node if he had friends. You can still shoot anyone capping in your LoS from 20 yards.

He meant he was sent flying over the wall. Hence he was nowhere near being able to getting line of sight at middle.

Also, Bioware does not plan on Addressing Mercenaries/Commandoes period. It should've been apparent by how things have only gotten worse since 1.2. I'm glad we can't cleanse Shattershot, or the Marauder/Sentinal version.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trolling?

1.7 is live on all servers, never did go to the PTS.

Not trolling I was just expecting....well the 'changes" people were talking bout, like the electro net etc etc.

That must of be for the expansion.

Edited by Bluntron

Not trolling I was just expecting....well the 'changes" people were talking bout, like the electro net etc etc.

That must of be for the expansion.

yeah all of that datamined stuff was improperly labeled by the community as relating to 1.7.

all of those class changes will be coming with the expansion in what i believe will be late spring.

"Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience."

Repair cost feedback = Important.

Mercenary feedback = Crap.

Nerf Mercenary feedback = Emergency patch worthy.

I've been begging for the developers to prove me wrong for months now. Actually since 1.2. They haven't, and I sincerely doubt they will.

Still waiting for Bioware to make a post that basically just them laughing their ***'s off at people trying to play Mercs and post a video showing a geared marauder's Ravage+smash in 4 seconds doing about the same damage as a whole merc's arsenal combo put together. Edited by Abbyssion

The official 2.0 patch notes are looking very nice for us. All mercs get Kolto Bomb, Electro Net, Hydraulic Overrides, Missile Salvo, and Kolto Overload is now an execute-range protection CD. Perhaps this isn't as good as the other classes' new toys, but keep in mind that the level 55 talent trees are still yet to be seen.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=600569

Bounty Hunter

New Ability Highlights

Mercenary: A new ability, Electro Net, has been added. Electro Net ensnares a single target, reducing its movement speed and dealing periodic Energy damage which increases over time if the target is moving. While Electro Net is active, the target is also hindered and unable to activate high mobility actions and escapes, such as speed boosts, vanishes, and charges. The ability is trainable at level 51.

Mercenary: New Passive ability, Missile Salvo, has been added. Missile Salvo allows up to 3 weaker Missile Blasts to be fired in a row before generating heat and going on cooldown for 6 seconds. This ability is trainable at level 10.

Powertech: A new ability, Shoulder Cannon, has been added. Shoulder Cannon loads missiles over time. These missiles can be fired at an enemy target within 10 meters, depleting 1 charge with each missile launched. When all missiles have been depleted, the ability goes on cooldown for 1.5 minutes. This ability is not affected by the Global Cooldown and can be used while under the effects of crowd control.

Powertech: A new Passive ability, Close and Personal, has been added. Close and Personal increases the duration of Energy Shield by 3 seconds. In addition, suffering direct damage from area of effect attacks vents 2 Heat and heals the player for 0.25% of total health. This effect cannot occur more than once every 3 seconds.

General

Hydraulic Overrides is now trainable at level 26 for all Bounty Hunters. This ability has an initial duration of 6 seconds, which can be extended to 10 seconds using the skills in the Arsenal and Advanced Prototype Skill Trees.

Chaff Flare is now trainable at level 30 for all Bounty Hunters.

Shoulder Slam has been removed from the game

Kolto Overload has been redesigned. Kolto Overload now puts a Health Monitor on the player which will trigger when they drop below 30% health. Once triggered, Kolto Overload will heal the player rapidly up to but no higher than 30% of their maximum health. This effect lasts 8 seconds.

Mercenary

A new ability, Electro Net, has been added. Electro Net ensnares a single target, reducing its movement speed and dealing periodic Energy damage which increases over time if the target is moving. While Electro Net is active, the target is also hindered and unable to activate high mobility actions and escapes, such as speed boosts, vanishes, and charges. The ability is trainable at level 51.

New Passive ability, Missile Salvo, has been added. Missile Salvo allows up to 3 weaker Missile Blasts to be fired in a row before generating heat and going on cooldown for 6 seconds. This ability is trainable at level 10.

Jet Boost now generates 8 Heat (down from 16).

Kolto Missile is now trainable at level 20 for all Mercenaries.

High Velocity Gas Cylinder now additionally increases Alacrity by 3% while active.

My predictions are as follows:

If Electro Net is not dispellable, Electro Net will be a requirement now to take down Operative and Sorc healers since it prevents vanishing and Force speed. With this prediction I think that at least one Merc will be mandatory for every rated team, either a healer or DPS.

If it's dispellable then all bets are off, but I think Kolto Missile being baseline is nothing to underestimate, making us the only DPS class that can still put out significant (non-cast time) heals without sacrificing our own DPS too much.

Edited by Jenzali

General

The Trooper's Energy Cells have been reworked to be a 100-pt resource system. Players will see Energy Cells be consumed and regenerate in fractions, and all Energy cell costs will be charged against the new 100-pt total rather than the old 12-pt total.

Guess they finally realized that they messed up the ammo system. Slight buff.

Hold the Line is now trainable at level 26 for all Troopers. This ability has a duration of 6 seconds, which can be extended to 10 seconds using the skills in the Gunnery and Tactics Skill Trees.

Not too bad. Guess this has to do with the LOSing and Pillar Humping from page 4.

Adrenaline Rush has been redesigned. Adrenaline Rush now puts a Health Monitor on the player which will trigger when they drop below 30% health. Once triggered, Adrenaline Rush will heal the player rapidly up to but no higher than 30% of their maximum health. This effect lasts 8 seconds.

Not sure how exactly this will work out and how fast it'll regen health. Can't be any worse than what it was before though.

Commando

A new ability, Electro Net, has been added. Electro Net ensnares a single target, reducing its movement speed and dealing periodic Energy damage which increases over time if the target is moving. While Electro Net active, the target is also hindered and unable to activate high mobility actions and escapes, such as speed boosts, vanishes, and charges. The ability is trainable at level 51.

Still no info on range. But at least now we know that it's Commando only.

A new Passive ability, Mortar Salvo, has been added. Mortar Salvo allows up to 3 weaker Explosive Rounds to be fired in a row before consuming Energy Cells and going on cooldown for 6 seconds. This ability is trainable at level 10.

Not sure on this one, might be worth it, might not. Could end up going the way of Explosive Round though at high levels and not be useful at all.

Concussion Charge now costs 8 Energy cells (down from 16).

Cool

Kolto Bomb is now trainable at level 20 to all Commandos.

Outstanding. Definitely see this as a big plus in my book.

Armor-Piercing Cell now additionally increases Alacrity by 3% while active.

Hmm....sounds good, only issue might be ammo management.

In all of this, I didn't see anything about the 5% damage nerf to Demo Round. So, I'm curious as to whether or not that is still going to happen.

Heh, the changes look interesting (and hopeful), but the first thing I've noticed on the PTS is that it now takes 36 points to get your top ability (eg. demo round) in the tree. Rather than adding to the top, they shunted the abilities up.

This won't be a problem at 55, but screws up some of your build at 50 (I'm looking at a 2/36/3 build right now)

Edited by Jherad

Commando

A new ability, Electro Net, has been added. Electro Net ensnares a single target, reducing its movement speed and dealing periodic Energy damage which increases over time if the target is moving. While Electro Net active, the target is also hindered and unable to activate high mobility actions and escapes, such as speed boosts, vanishes, and charges. The ability is trainable at level 51.

Still no info on range. But at least now we know that it's Commando only..

1 min 30 second cooldown, 30m range (confirmed off of PTS). Cost 8 ammo.

Edited by SpaniardInfinity