I consider myself a calm, reasonable human being. As a developer myself I understand the challenges behind a project of this scope. I have never outright complained about a feature I didn't like nor most small bugs in any game I have played. I have always provided feedback and suggestions with thought-out reasoning and explanations.

That said, the state of this boss is simply unacceptable. It is completely beyond words why the various bugs of this major piece of content have not yet been fixed.

You all sound very excited to push forward with 1.2 but how am I supposed to look forward to future content at all? How can I trust you that new bosses will not suffer from bugs which will never be fixed?

The simple fact that these bugs have yet to be addressed shows a complete lack of respect for your players. Mike Krahulik of Penny Arcade had that much right; but what I thought would remain relegated to a few poor design choices though has obviously spilled into the rest of development.

• I'm tired of pillars "missing" the boss when a Fraps playback shows otherwise.

• I'm tired of, when being flung around the room that sometimes it will kill a player from full health, throw them into a different "zone", or just cause them to hang out in the air.

• I'm tired of poor collision detection on the Lightning Balls causing players to take unnecessary damage.

• I'm tired of the shield sometimes refusing to come down in phase 2 and 3.

• I'm tired of platforms not respawning after a wipe.

• I'm tired of "extra" mind traps.

• I'm tired of the speeder bike not taking you to the last stop after a reset.

These bugs can be maddening. What is more is that they are extremely damaging the morale of a group which can lead to further regression per pull.

Fix this nonsense.

Edited by slelfief

Ya, it's pretty ridiculous. We've been losing people in guild due to the horrible bugs that are in EV. They mostly feel that Bioware is incompetent of building end-game MMO content. Heck, we just had the top raiding guild on our server quit due to the end-game bugs that exist. Our server's population has been dying as well so while people are leaving our guild, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find recruits. I'm afraid our guild will fall apart soon.

EV is horrible. KP rocks.

Edited by icroyal

Yep, exactly what I mean by my guild mates leaving due to them believing Bioware is incompetent when it comes to fixing bugs. They say things kinds of things and then don't fix the end-game content. We're paying to beta test their end game content. Does anybody actually feel like SOA is fun? He's a giant pain in the ***. Edited by icroyal

I consider myself a calm, reasonable human being. As a developer myself I understand the challenges behind a project of this scope. I have never outright complained about a feature I didn't like nor most small bugs in any game I have played. I have always provided feedback and suggestions with thought-out reasoning and explanations.

That said, the state of this boss is simply unacceptable. It is completely beyond words why the various bugs of this major piece of content have not yet been fixed.

You all sound very excited to push forward with 1.2 but how am I supposed to look forward to future content at all? How can I trust you that new bosses will not suffer from bugs which will never be fixed?

The simple fact that these bugs have yet to be addressed shows a complete lack of respect for your players. Mike Krahulik of Penny Arcade had that much right; but what I thought would remain relegated to a few poor design choices though has obviously spilled into the rest of development.

• I'm tired of pillars "missing" the boss when a Fraps playback shows otherwise.

• I'm tired of, when being flung around the room that sometimes it will kill a player from full health, throw them into a different "zone", or just cause them to hang out in the air.

• I'm tired of poor collision detection on the Lightning Balls causing players to take unnecessary damage.

These bugs can be maddening. What is more is that they are extremely damaging the morale of a group which can lead to further regression per pull.

Fix this nonsense.

I am sorry to tell you but these things are no longer considered to be bugs by Bioware. I sent them a bug report with these issues and the reply I got by email was to post in the suggestions forum and they even gave me the link to it. So wanting missing platforms is now considred by Bioware to be wanting a new feature. *shrug*

I hope they fix all of the bugs and add a 25% chance that he randomly enrages on the middle platform, immediately wiping the raid. Or that half the time he doesn't drop loot.

Would you shut up then? Or would you assume you are entitled to **** every time?

Yep, exactly what I mean by my guild mates leaving due to them believing Bioware is incompetent when it comes to fixing bugs. They say things kinds of things and then don't fix the end-game content. We're paying to beta test their end game content. Does anybody actually feel like SOA is fun? He's a giant pain in the ***.

I think Soa's really fun... And I've never even beat him! (on HM)

This happens less that your fraps playback might think

Never seen it kill anyone at full health post your video so we can look at it. The next 2 are usually due to getting to phase 2.5 when someone IS in the air.

On HM and NMM the balls have a ranged attack and teh radius for the explosions is larger

Have to live with this one I am afraid.

What's a boss without a few bugs

Down the first one faster :p

This is just annoying

I am kind if curious why people bash on BW so much. This is their first MMo and EV left teh gates without enough testing on live. The last beta we had it XRR-3 was wiping the raids at 10% (he did it again to my guild this past week). KP has run much smoother and drops basically the same loot. It offers a little more challenge and though I ghate Hutta we always start there rather than EV because of teh bugs.

Edited by Foenixz

There wasn't any Bioware bashing in this post. Funny that you bring that out though...defensive much?

I've not spoken of this before, but feel compelled to now. We just finished SOA on nightmare mode and I've never met a more randomly buggy fight. Our kill only succeeded because for once we didn't have one of the original poster's bugs happen to us. Our phase 3 all five pillars actually removed SOA's shield.

Previous pulls, we would have SOA lined up perfectly, the tank no where near underneath the pillar, and yet soa's shield wouldn't go down. Its really funny when the pillar kills the tank (who is not underneath it), but doesn't drop the shield on SOA.

As I'm often the one trying to line up SOA, this is incredibly frustrating. Especially knowing that on nightmare mode, if you don't succeed on a single pillar can mean the difference between a wipe and a kill.

This happens less that your fraps playback might think

Never seen it kill anyone at full health post your video so we can look at it. The next 2 are usually due to getting to phase 2.5 when someone IS in the air.

On HM and NMM the balls have a ranged attack and teh radius for the explosions is larger

Have to live with this one I am afraid.

What's a boss without a few bugs

Down the first one faster :p

This is just annoying

I am kind if curious why people bash on BW so much. This is their first MMo and EV left teh gates without enough testing on live. The last beta we had it XRR-3 was wiping the raids at 10% (he did it again to my guild this past week). KP has run much smoother and drops basically the same loot. It offers a little more challenge and though I ghate Hutta we always start there rather than EV because of teh bugs.

And here come the apologists. :rolleyes:

I see no bashing of BW, I see a frustrated raider tired of wiping in fights that are completely out of his group's control.

There is no reason, at this point in the game's life that the first Operation they released is still this buggy. This encounter has been in the game for what, 6+ months?

we faced the pillar issue on 3 of our attempts the other night. Some attempts even had the pillar visibly hit soa, yet 3 melee who were standing off a ways (a distance that they stand other times with no issue) and all 3 died. Looks like the graphics arent matching up or something.

on something like 10 attempts (we are working on our first Soa HM kill as a guild), the pillar bug happened in 3 of them and two times in one of them. We, thankfully, did not experience the other bugs.

And here come the apologists. :rolleyes:

I see no bashing of BW, I see a frustrated raider tired of wiping in fights that are completely out of his group's control.

There is no reason, at this point in the game's life that the first Operation they released is still this buggy. This encounter has been in the game for what, 6+ months?

Game launched in December...

Funy last night was no option for reset instance. So from NMM we switch to HM and Soa was still hiting for same damage like in NMM. After few times try to disband ops, go to Karaggas go back, switch owner still no reset option we just giveup.

The missing platforms can be avoided by manually resetting the instance after every wipe. Just have every wait outside before zoning back so the raid leader can do a reset and then go back in.

Which incidentally will prevent you from getting your speed run title. Better to just make sure no one uses exit area, and instead dies on every run. Cheer for jumping to your death!