Is there any way to turn off the "effects" when fighting?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

As in the way if you are a Sentinel for instance and you get into a battle you start glowing blue while building transcendence or whatever it is, plus other buffs commonly gained during combat make strange looking lights around your saber etc. too, am I the only one who finds this pretty annoying? I didn't spend so long perfecting my characters look and saber colour for it to be distorted completely during any fight by blue lights. Or red lights on a Mara. Or purple effects on a Sorc and the list goes on..

If there isn't a way currently to disable these visual effects and any devs happen to read this (in that one in a million chance) this is something I'd strongly recommend you adding a disabling option for in the preference menus. That way people like me (not to mention a ton of screenshotters I'm sure) can be happy while detracting nothing from those who enjoy seeing those effects

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Those are the visual queues to proc effects for your skills. So, no, I don't think they'd allow you to turn those off. Not using those skills is your best bet if the effects annoy you too much.

Kinda hard to not build transcendence as a JK :/ or rage as a Mara. These are VISUAL effects. I seriously doubt it would be incredibly difficult to have them not show without affecting the ability. Just a matter of making the visuals optional.

Kinda hard to not build transcendence as a JK :/ or rage as a Mara. These are VISUAL effects. I seriously doubt it would be incredibly difficult to have them not show without affecting the ability. Just a matter of making the visuals optional.

Other than asking the developers to put a setting for 'Disable Visual Queue Effects" there's not much else. Same with the audio queues like the Agent's giggle.

Edited by kodrac

The effects on ranged weapons for bounty hunter/trooper tends to annoy me, they completely envelop and hide the weapons. Especially now that the "stances" are gone anyway, I see little reason for them to even exist. The various effects for assassin/shadow on their lightsabers look terrible too. I suppose one could (and PvPers certainly would) argue that these visual cues can be important for opponents, so maybe a toggle to just remove them for the individual user would be reasonable.

Other than asking the developers to put a setting for 'Disable Visual Queue Effects" there's not much else. Same with the audio queues like the Agent's giggle.

Well, if that would stop my toons from glowing like christmas trees in any fight that would do fine. Just throwing the suggestion out there. I'm sure I can't be the only person who doesn't like the effects.

The effects on ranged weapons for bounty hunter/trooper tends to annoy me, they completely envelop and hide the weapons. Especially now that the "stances" are gone anyway, I see little reason for them to even exist. The various effects for assassin/shadow on their lightsabers look terrible too. I suppose one could (and PvPers certainly would) argue that these visual cues can be important for opponents, so maybe a toggle to just remove them for the individual user would be reasonable.

GOD YES! The Merc one where your pistols just disappear beneath the glow ticks me off sooooooo hard. "What's that you say? You spent millions on awesome looking blasters so you could see your toon using them? Ok then lets totally hide them behind a crappy glowy effect!!" smh

I could see the effects being useful to have for PVPers and all but I'm sure there'd be a way to have it so it's on a player by player basis. Like if you turn the effects off they are off for YOU and nobody else. Even other players you meet in game you will be able to see their effects but not yours, and similarly they could still see your effects on their screen no matter what.

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• 1 year later...
We're trying to bring attention to this issue so that maybe the Devs will actually do something about it. The more people we can get on board the better.

One very big thing you are overlooking - maybe most active players don't mind the effects and spending time trying change things would just take time away from bug-fixing and creating new content.

One very big thing you are overlooking - maybe most active players don't mind the effects and spending time trying change things would just take time away from bug-fixing and creating new content.

While there is probably some truth to this, something to keep in mind is this would be a very simple change to make.

This is a client only thing, there doesn't even need to be any server side interaction or anything, as it would only be hidden/shown for your eyes only.

If BW allow client modding this likely would have been done long ago.

• 4 months later...

when tanking in a group or op the flashes of everyone hitting the boss takes up the whole screen and I have a hard time finding the adds to pull into the fight. tabbing helps but sometimes you got to target certain adds to be successful.

If I could just turn down those effects during raids and such it would be great.