Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

After thinking through it more, and looking at torstatus.net, I think that BW is nervous against merging the three servers in to one as it will become the biggest server in the game if I am reading the graph correctly. This could lead to having issues such as a full server, but honestly, which of the following two options would you prefer:

a) Waiting 20 minutes for pvp queue to pop on an empty server?

b) Waiting 20 minutes to log in to a full server?

Waiting for F2P seems inevitable now, but once it fails (and I can guarantee it will), I really hope Bioware doesn't try and force us to purchase character transfers.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After thinking through it more, and looking at torstatus.net, I think that BW is nervous against merging the three servers in to one as it will become the biggest server in the game if I am reading the graph correctly. This could lead to having issues such as a full server, but honestly, which of the following two options would you prefer:

a) Waiting 20 minutes for pvp queue to pop on an empty server?

b) Waiting 20 minutes to log in to a full server?

Waiting for F2P seems inevitable now, but once it fails (and I can guarantee it will), I really hope Bioware doesn't try and force us to purchase character transfers.

B, without a doubt.

Because, if a), then it's just not queues for PvP, but also for Flashpoints, Operations, Heroics. Essentially, anything other than story missions. xD

Im curious, How can you guarantee that?

Additionally, why are you here on the forum of a game you 'know' is going to fail?

Im curious, How can you guarantee that?

See my previous post.

Let me do it for you.

1) SWTOR goes free to play. New APAC player decides to play and choose server. See's Harbinger and Bastion at Heavy/Very Heavy at 8pm AEDST, or all of the APAC servers at Light, unless there is some action happening on Gav Daragon, which would make it standard.

2) The APAC player begins leveling on an APAC server. Throughout the starter and capital planets the population will vary between 5-20 players.

3) The APAC player then hits Balmorra/Taris. The population never goes past 10 and has to wait 30 minutes for a pvp match.

4) The APAC player becomes discouraged and does one of two things:

5a) Leaves the game.

5b) Re-Rolls Bastion/Harbinger and enjoys worlds of 50+ people, near instant pvp queue pops.

So what affect does this have on current APAC players?

No influx of new players. There will be hardly any new people willing to stick this game out on dead servers.

Additionally, why are you here on the forum of a game you 'know' is going to fail?

I want this game to succeed. I enjoy it. However, I can not enjoy it when it is impossible to get a raid. Every night for the past 2 weeks I have sat on the fleet for ages, posting up "tank/healer/dps lfg any raid". And only one night did I get a response. 1/14 not bad amirite?

Okay so after reading the vast majority of the APAC transfers thread, i'd just like to say that Bioware seem's to have directly ignored what our region is requesting.

The prevailing view appears to be the following -

- That all current subscribed users on Oceanic servers are consolidated to one server.

- Many are concerned that Bioware is waiting for F2P in the hopes that the server 'imbalance' in population levels out.

- The above point means Bioware is effectively gambling on the fate of the Oceanic region servers. They're RELYING on us to be satisfied with a boost in population that will likely come from F2P.

-What the latter ignores is that we want to consolidate the SUBSCRIBED Oceanic community, as we were all duped in to transferring there in the first place back in april, this is probably the least Bioware could do.

Posted : 09.22.2012

Folks, I wanted to take some time to let you know that we are listening to your concerns and that they're important to us. Oceanic servers WILL be getting 12 slots, just like the other servers and we're going to implement this change the next opportunity that we have.

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

We're listening, and I know you've all been patient with us, and for that, I thank you. As soon as I get any update to this, I will let you know here.

Thanks again.

Posted : 10.10.2012

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I have no new information at this time. In my last post, I did say that I would update this thread when I had new information but I currently do not.

With that being said, I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have more information.

As a reminder, please remember to follow forum guidelines within this thread.

Thank you.

These are the responses in chronological order that we've received from Bioware (in a thread over 80 pages long now). Nothing else has been detailed since these posts, and frankly its becoming obvious they hope that the problem just solves itself with the launch of F2P.

If thats the case, thanks a lot Bioware, you completely ignored the Oceanic community - again. "we'll be evaluating this over the next few days" - that was over a month and a half ago, still no real news.

Oh well remain optimistic I suppose, maybe they'll come through with something.

Edited by Nanglez

looks like theyre just letting it slide

sorry guys but theyre still noobs in this business,,and it shows

any decent dev would try to do SOMETHING to keep such a big playerbase

i hope they look into it soon,,they cant afford to lose more players

They are working on the plan to bring the population up everywhere.

Why are we complaining that they aren't addressing the population problem?

It's just a few weeks away. If that's too long then subsubscribe for a month.

I'd be okay with that if the servers weren't ****** for like 3 months now. Nice opinion though, really.

They are working on the plan to bring the population up everywhere.

Why are we complaining that they aren't addressing the population problem?

It's just a few weeks away. If that's too long then subsubscribe for a month.

I'm assuming you mean F2P? Well, that's the thing, you see, I'm at level 50, a lot, if not all of the content at end game is group based, meaning I need to group up with other 50ies. Problem? People flocking to F2P won't be level 50. :/

Hell, even if they are, I'm hoping to high heaven they'd at least have bought all the things they'll need to buy, like the operation and warzone passes, medical probes, those kind of things.

All in all, it'd be less of a hassle to just merge the three servers. If the population gets too heavy, split them into two servers.

I'm assuming you mean F2P? Well, that's the thing, you see, I'm at level 50, a lot, if not all of the content at end game is group based, meaning I need to group up with other 50ies. Problem? People flocking to F2P won't be level 50. :/

Hell, even if they are, I'm hoping to high heaven they'd at least have bought all the things they'll need to buy, like the operation and warzone passes, medical probes, those kind of things.

All in all, it'd be less of a hassle to just merge the three servers. If the population gets too heavy, split them into two servers.

That would lead to them doing more work, which would take longer with each problem. And the amount of complaints that would call Bioware, 'fail,' for jumping the gun on something would skyrocket.

On f2p's : Sure they won't be 50, but remember how many people burned through content and complained that there's not enough? Im sure it won't be that long of a wait.

That would lead to them doing more work, which would take longer with each problem. And the amount of complaints that would call Bioware, 'fail,' for jumping the gun on something would skyrocket.

On f2p's : Sure they won't be 50, but remember how many people burned through content and complained that there's not enough? Im sure it won't be that long of a wait.

Posting this again because people dont seem to understand how bad our server is

Let me do it for you.

1) SWTOR goes free to play. New APAC player decides to play and choose server. See's Harbinger and Bastion at Heavy/Very Heavy at 8pm AEDST, or all of the APAC servers at Light, unless there is some action happening on Gav Daragon, which would make it standard.

2) The APAC player begins leveling on an APAC server. Throughout the starter and capital planets the population will vary between 5-20 players.

3) The APAC player then hits Balmorra/Taris. The population never goes past 10 and has to wait 30 minutes for a pvp match.

4) The APAC player becomes discouraged and does one of two things:

5a) Leaves the game.

5b) Re-Rolls Bastion/Harbinger and enjoys worlds of 50+ people, near instant pvp queue pops.

So what affect does this have on current APAC players?

No influx of new players. There will be hardly any new people willing to stick this game out on dead servers.

Yes if they just merged the 3 we'd have an awesome super server population wise Rivalling some of the us servers a rough guess would be around 400-500 subs in the Apac reigon spread across the 3 servers so here's to hoping they merge shortly after f2p because Its obvious its the only solution

Posting this again because people dont seem to understand how bad our server is

...Let me do it for you

etc

Got next week's lotto numbers?

Im on Master Dar'Nala too, I know its bad.

This campaign only makes sense post f2p. We're essentially asking them to hold up on the game changing system of f2p that will increase players and revenue across the board, to accomodate us, a minority of players. Let them finish up the huge change and if it is underwhelming to APAC, then this is all fair game.

They've said their busy with f2p. They are on a 6 week deadline. They can't screw that up if they want to improve their image. If they humoured us now, it'd mean f2pers can't even get a choice of pvp/pve/rp. That is a deterant as well as the population numbers being light. Either option is going to hurt. I can't blame them for taking the option with less work and headache.

I support a mega-server but I think they are not in a position to do it right now.

This campaign only makes sense post f2p. We're essentially asking them to hold up on the game changing system of f2p that will increase players and revenue across the board, to accomodate us, a minority of players. Let them finish up the huge change and if it is underwhelming to APAC, then this is all fair game.

They've said their busy with f2p. They are on a 6 week deadline. They can't screw that up if they want to improve their image. If they humoured us now, it'd mean f2pers can't even get a choice of pvp/pve/rp. That is a deterant as well as the population numbers being light. Either option is going to hurt. I can't blame them for taking the option with less work and headache.

I support a mega-server but I think they are not in a position to do it right now.

No...we're asking for communication to make educated decisions...they promised updates..they did not.

**** this ****, ive been keeping this to my self for a ges, its time you guys knew, i GOT A TRANSFER off gav daragon to dalborra, all i had to do is call them nicely and ask them, persistence payed off for me only took 3 phonecalls every day for 3 days

**** this ****, ive been keeping this to my self for a ges, its time you guys knew, i GOT A TRANSFER off gav daragon to dalborra, all i had to do is call them nicely and ask them, persistence payed off for me only took 3 phonecalls every day for 3 days

When was this transfer done ?

When was this transfer done ?

around 3 weeks ago, if it helps my char names are snivy(orgin and destination) tiemi(origin) tiemie(destination, balaur(origin) and scopius(destination) , if you want you can use these names when you place your call as proof. ALso use skype its free if youcall via skype.

Let me know how it goes if you guys try

cows go moo, sheep go baaa, MMORPGers go the pvp is unbalanced - The escapist

I can't believe it!

You really should credit the person that said the line in your sig, not the site he works for ;)

Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

The fact they gave you a transfer is more amazing though. Of course the more they do the less likely they will be to do more.

First, yes, I'm seeing a 4 . . . could be a seven, and an 8, definitely an 8, although it could be a 9.

And, no, and no. They already have a system to merge servers. Support can now apparently perform these mergers, which means the 1 night of work to perform these mergers shouldn't be a deterrent to actually doing it and pleasing a lot of their current paying customers.

Seriously, why would any new players join any of the AP servers?

If they ask now people will tell them they are dead. What would you tell some one? I'd tell them wait, or don't bother.

If they don't know, and try F2P, they will either see the non AP servers have higher pop and play there, or try the AP servers, find out from chat the servers are dead, or by actually playing the game. And then not having invested too much time in an AP server try a US server, which from what I hear don't have the lag spikes we get on APAC either, and have a much better experience and stay there. Didn't you do research before choosing your server?

As a Guildmaster I'm worried about what potential server transfers will do to my guild. At this stage I do not support transfers to one of the other servers as it would completely ruin what we have worked towards.

Guild is still going strong even with the dismal population, 230+ active members and 4 operations teams in HM TFB every week. We sometimes have more people online in Guild than are on the Fleet :/

Please do a server merge not just transfer people away.

Edited by Chaori

around 3 weeks ago, if it helps my char names are snivy(orgin and destination) tiemi(origin) tiemie(destination, balaur(origin) and scopius(destination) , if you want you can use these names when you place your call as proof. ALso use skype its free if youcall via skype.

Let me know how it goes if you guys try

Support are telling me that they never done any transfers for anyone on the Oceanic servers over the last 60 days and this includes from another server in the Oceanic region to Dalborra. Do you have any proof this was done because they are denying it all and saying it's not possible at this stage. I am not saying your lying but if they have done this I wan't to see proof if it's good for 1 person then all should be entitled to this outcome because they are all going through the same issue you had.