Expanded storyline's not coming until "next year or so"?:(

Jakobpoop

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20930-sdcc-2012-announcement-wrap-up

Chaper 4 was the thing im looking forward to most in swtor, and i guess that's what they mean with "New story content coming in the next "year or so" ".

Sure im exited for Makeb and the story that will set there, but expanded story lines would be so much better in my opinion.

Anyways, i just thought i'd share

Edited by Jakobpoop

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20930-sdcc-2012-announcement-wrap-up

Chaper 4 was the thing im looking forward to most in swtor, and i guess that's what they mean with "New story content coming in the next "year or so" ".

Sure im exited for Makeb and the story that will set there, but expanded story lines would be so much better in my opinion.

Also the story which will come with HK-51 and the other flashpoints and operations.

Good. It's gonna take me that long to get through all the current stories.

Already done all of the ones I care for, the thing that annoys me, is that this sounds like SGRAs won't be coming for another year, greatly dampening my thoughts on my future with this game.

If we are having to wait that long then I hope that they are adding another 200 hours per class, I'm not sure that I'll that happy having to wait that length of time for something that I have completed in a week.

For all the fuss they made about story being the linchpin of what makes this game special that seems like a fairly long time to have to wait.
They didn't understand at the time that story alone is not a viable avenue for continued development in an MMORPG. They're still learning.

They didn't understand at the time that story alone is not a viable avenue for continued development in an MMORPG. They're still learning.

But for a lot of people it is the only thing that sets this game apart from other game's levelling experiences, if they raise the cap then they need to add to the class story to level as they have set that as a precedence.

Already done all of the ones I care for, the thing that annoys me, is that this sounds like SGRAs won't be coming for another year, greatly dampening my thoughts on my future with this game.

yeah was about to say the same things. there are certain things they promissed for THIS year, including SGRA, that I really really REALLY (more caps!) wanted in this game from the start and am .still. disappointed about not being a priority in a game that was supposed to 'bring the RPG back into the MMO'... a Bioware game - to me - includes SGRA, and I'm starting to become just a tiny bit impatient. it's just really upsetting in the long run.

Well, rather then doom and gloom over what is not going to be added next, I'd rather look forward to what is going to be added next. This is a long term event aimed at spanning 7 to 10 years. Plenty of time, and I am looking forward to all the content as it comes rolling in.

You are basing that on your personal analysis and opinion, not the general intent of story.

Story is there for the sole purpose of resolving the leveling grind issue. It is there to allow for an enjoyable and entertaining leveling experience. It has succeeded in doing so. There was never any attempt, and it is obvious, that story was to be the entirety of the game.

These people are the experts in their field. It is extremely grandiose of anyone to critique their performance while having no experience in the field.

But for a lot of people it is the only thing that sets this game apart from other game's levelling experiences, if they raise the cap then they need to add to the class story to level as they have set that as a precedence.

They have stated that the story will be ongoing and added to in this next release, so they are going to include story as part of the leveling process. What it seems they are not going to do is include personal leveling storylines for the next five levels.

Though I agree with you in that I would like to see expanded class story lines as part of the leveling, we simply do not know all the facts on this and the story that they are including may very well be both acceptable, or even surpass previous leveling stories.

Either way, we do know that story will be included in all leveling aspects of this game, and will be included in this next bit of content. That is the good news.

yeah was about to say the same things. there are certain things they promissed for THIS year, including SGRA, that I really really REALLY (more caps!) wanted in this game from the start and am .still. disappointed about not being a priority in a game that was supposed to 'bring the RPG back into the MMO'... a Bioware game - to me - includes SGRA, and I'm starting to become just a tiny bit impatient. it's just really upsetting in the long run.

Exactly, disappointing to say the least, hopefully tomorrow could alleviate my fears.

Exactly, disappointing to say the least, hopefully tomorrow could alleviate my fears.

yeh. though I guess they will just say the 'usual' again - or ignore it completely (after all they said it 'will be in game'... yeah... when? in 5 years?)

I mean, we're not talking about anything I even expect in other MMOs, but yes, when I have the choice to romance a member of the opposing sex - in a BIOWARE game - I do demand to have some more 'alternative' (ugh) choices. especially when some of the same gender options are so plain annoying that I want to claw everyone's eyes off who said they actually romanced the guy with his holo lady who shall not be named.

oh well. yes. tomorrow. let's hope.

also, I do want more general story aswell. yes I do. sigh :|

bioware better be careful. because I still have my FFXIV CE and 2.0 is supposed to come out at the beginning of the next year (and final fantasy will surely feast my hunger for epic story line)

This is the most recent thread I know of that mentions SGRAs, so I will pose my question here rather than dig up another (possibly much older) thread for it.

Disclaimer: I am not a SGR person in real life, so I may be missing some fundamental perspective on the issue.

Why is it taking so long for SGRAs in the game? There is a customer request for it. BioWare appeared interested in supplying that request (although lately I have been questioning if I can trust what they print). I can't imagine the inclusion of it impacting any players play experience negatively (unless they have issues with SGRs in real life). So what is the hold up?

All it takes is removing the gender check for romance options.

Yeah, it may be more involved and time consuming that just writing out "remove all gender checks." But the process is rather simple.

I haven't witnessed every romance option in the game. I haven't even witnessed every companion romance option in the game. But what I have witnessed has been rather "gender neutral" in its writing - at least from my perspective. I haven't seen any character reference the gender of the character yet.

I mean, maybe those involved in SGRs act differently than those involved in OGRs... But I can only imagine if BioWare tried to put in those difference they would get hit hard with cries of "sexism."

I just don't get it. Fortunately, for me, it isn't an issue. As far as I am concerned, if the game has SGRAs, or not, it makes no difference. But because I can't see any way of them impacting my gameplay, I'm all for having them added to the game.

Well, rather then doom and gloom over what is not going to be added next, I'd rather look forward to what is going to be added next. This is a long term event aimed at spanning 7 to 10 years. Plenty of time, and I am looking forward to all the content as it comes rolling in.

This may be a long-term event aimed at spanning seven to ten years, but you are greatly fooling yourself if you think the game has any chance of making it that long as it currently stands. This game is at a critical junction. Bioware has run out of time. It's been seven months since release, and it's only now that they have put in all of the "must haves" and are moving on to the "community driven" features. And in all that time, they've lost subs steadily. True, it hasn't been a torrent of people rushing for the unsub button, and it's even possible that they've slowed down that loss to a mere trickle.

But don't kid yourself into thinking that what this game has in it currently will be able to keep a sizable sub base. The fact of the matter is, this game is sterile. It looks good, but there is nothing whatsoever to make it feel like a living world. They've reached the point of no return now, and they have to really amaze us with what's coming. And what's coming had better not be "next year," or even "four or five months from now." I suspect they have until September at the very latest to impress the hell out of us. If they want to start growing those sub numbers again so that they're not only above one million, but stable above one million, then they can't be cautious anymore. They have to pull out all the stops and just throw everything they have on their so-called Wall of Crazy at us. Because if they don't, this game is going to be a game that'll be lucky to have the numbers SWG did in their last few years.

Maybe the rumours that the dev teams from DA3 in Edmonton and Vancouver have travelled to Austin are true. If so, I hope they really light a fire under everyone's backsides there. But they don't have much time left, and what they do have is rapidly vanishing. Bioware, it's time to show your cards. No more "We can't talk about that," or "We have plans for that some time in the future." Those days are long gone. You used up your goodwill, and the playerbase is starting to become restless. It's time for you to specifically tell us what you are planning, and when you plan to have them in the game. Yes, you run the risk of players getting upset when something you've planned doesn't make it into the game when you wanted it to. The alternative is to surprise the fraction of the playerbase you have left with these nifty features that you've brought in.

• A new hoodie from Jinx is on the way including twenty other products
  • The new novel Annihilation mentioned
  • Epic questlines where players can gain legendary-like weapons from them are in the works
  • New story content coming in the next "year or so"
  • New operation content will not make prior operations obsolete, BioWare will keep itemization in mind as new content makes its way to the game
  • BioWare looks at metrics of what you're playing (Warzones, Operations) or doing in the game for future patches
  • BioWare loves minigames, something for the future
  • Will continue to add space missions and more features to it in the future

• Epic weapons, ok more stuff to grind is nice
  • Story content in 6+ months: lol this is the only think that can prevent the game from sinking
  • Metrics are lying: I'm doing 10+ WZ a day not because I like that but because there's no such thing as world PvP and well once you caped your character there's nothing else to do. Your stats does't tell you that and yet you would add more WZ nor world PvP or more PvE content and certainly not fluff elements.
  • Minigames: great so you're finally going to copy paste the Pazaak code from Kotor?
  • Space missions: you are wasting my subscription income on that space turd.

these responses make me laugh. if they rush them out, and they are buggy, people ***** and complain. if they take their time, to try and get it right, people *****a nd complain. they just can't win.

bw/ea-please release these when they are ready, not a moment before.

these responses make me laugh. if they rush them out, and they are buggy, people ***** and complain. if they take their time, to try and get it right, people *****a nd complain. they just can't win.

You make me laugh with your assumption filled post, one that clearly contains no knowledge of the situation.

You make me laugh with your assumption filled post, one that clearly contains no knowledge of the situation.

fill me in then cause this:

"this sounds like SGRAs won't be coming for another year, greatly dampening my thoughts on my future with this game. "

sounds like nothing more than

"they don't have everything i want right now, so im not gonna play with you!"

if you meant that you like the game, but will wait until they have polished it a bit more, or whatever, you should say so. believe it or not, i'm not the omnipotent being you think i am, able to tell what it is you really mean.

Edited by Ellvaan
Inflammatory (Pm'd)

But for a lot of people it is the only thing that sets this game apart from other game's levelling experiences

Story and great characters set this MMO apart from the rest, sure, other players value more day/night cycles or swimming and are upset those features are not in the game, but for me, the leveling experience in this game was the most enjoyable and momorable.

Im sad to hear they are delaying the class stories, I've already waited 6 months and don't want to wait another year to see what happens with my characters, pvp is fun and all, but without open world pvp, I'm not gonna be playing the same warzones over and over again, paying $15 month until you release more class story, which im sure you are going to charge for anyway.

Edited by ChazDoit

You are right providing excuses to BioWare because at this point they really need people to help them saying it's not their fault if the content isn't coming fast enough and the game lacks standard features found in others AAA MMO.

They certainly did not have enough time nor budget.

• Metrics are lying: I'm doing 10+ WZ a day not because I like that but because there's no such thing as world PvP and well once you caped your character there's nothing else to do. Your stats does't tell you that and yet you would add more WZ nor world PvP or more PvE content and certainly not fluff elements.

I really liked Ilum and I hate that they removed it, I know it was laggy and all but it was the only other form of pvp in the game besides warzones, if you were sick and tired of getting huttball back then, you could hang out on Ilum, I sure did with a lot of other players, if you wanted some unpredictable and chaotic pvp, that was the place to be.