[HARD] The Foundry - Revan bugged?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Main problem with this guy is that he Continually casts it even if you interrupt it.. Or if he kills someone with it he just chain casts it 3 x to wipe your group.. so many things wrong with this stupid encounter..

The Main problem with this guy is that he Continually casts it even if you interrupt it.. Or if he kills someone with it he just chain casts it 3 x to wipe your group.. so many things wrong with this stupid encounter..

This has been happening since last nights patch, fights totally undoable now without great RNG

It's really just a crap shoot. Sometimes he'll continue to channel force lightning on subsequent targets, retaining his Power of the Force ability. Today I got melee'd for 54k after our tank died to the second Force Lightning. This just isn't worth it right now, might as well run it to HK and then leave.

Tried today. We got him to the immune phase and he runs around and attacks everyone while we die :confused:

That bug is here from Normal mode. If you dps him too quickly to 5-4%, he'll just immune out, and don't stop the fight, so you're screwed. That **** is rages me out even more then oneshot force lightning. Tryinf to dps as much as possible so he won't oneshot u, and see this immune ****...

I have no idea, as of yet, determined if it is intentional or not. Any tank is able to survive the lightning if he pops all of his CDs, and it is very easy to time it. The problem is, for most people, is that he will do the lightning again after a short while, thus potentially killing the tank due to the lack of CDs.

Now that being said, it is VERY possible to burn him down before he does the lightning a second time. We've done this every time. Once he pulls you in, simply BURN THE CRAP OUT OF HIM. After about 10 seconds, pop all of your tank cooldowns, this will let you survive the lightning, and make sure you interrupt it about halfway through. If your able to get him to around 20% before he does it again, then he will start his rock phase. At this point, as long as your dps keeps it up, then he will die very easily.

So in a sense, it is a dps race.

Force lightning is not bugged. It's meant to do a lot of damage if it's not interrupted. It's just overtuned..not bugged.

A tank can survive it so that just proves that it's overtuned.

Get 2 people with interrupts to sit there and watch for it. He does it right after his storm. If you only have 1 interrupt then have the tank pop CD's and eat the first one.

If someone dies, brez and continue.

We've 1 or 2 shot him the past week, every day so I promise you that it's not bugged, easily unavoidable.

Really the only major but I've seen with him is when he's about to die and he goes immune to do his RP, sometimes he doesn't go into RP mode..he just continues wailing on people.

Edited by Slomoshun

I still dont get it.

After several fix patches this isnt fixed.

How is this NOT prioritized to be fixed?

Sure it's "do-able" after full champion gear or if you run Eternity Vault and get Columi gear first.

Since I'm full champion + Columi gear + stim, I got 20k hp. Imagine the new-dingers trying to do this, it's near impossible, if not even impossible itself.

Bioware you need to shapen up and start fixing things like this and not *********** put EMOTES ON SPEEDERBIKES YEAH!

-_-

I was a powertech tank and soaked the first tick. Ended up with like 20-25% hp left.

But for goodness sake, fix the damn encounter. You're not supposed to have 20k hp to be able to complete the encounter Bioware.

I was a powertech tank and soaked the first tick. Ended up with like 20-25% hp left.

But for goodness sake, fix the damn encounter. You're not supposed to have 20k hp to be able to complete the encounter Bioware.

Our powetech survives the first tick with 80% hp remaining. The first chain lightning is completely predictable. You don't need to have 20k hp, you just need to pop 25% damage reduction (and static barrier if you have a sorc).

I'm not saying that this encounter is well designed; The chain lightning damage absolutely should be adjusted. However, even with the current damage it's a simple fight, just annoying.

Edited by Magdain

we've been trying to do him right now, We manage to survive the first tick of Force Lightning but it has happened 3 times now that he goes immune at 4/5 % but he just keeps attacking us and kill us =/

This is a known issue. Your problem is you are pushing him to the end of the fight while he is force storming. When he hits 6%, wait until the end of a force storm and then push him and kill him. At 5% he will go immune and end the fight instead of attacking you while immune.

We had a strange experience with the force lightning, it was literally 1 shotting everyone on the group on the first tick without any damage indicator, hell the animation wouldn't even play and the target would be eating dirt. No red numbers, no nothing, just face planting. And yes that was through Tanking CDs AND Sorc Bubbles.

It would almost be comical if it wasn't such a massive waste of time doing the instance only to have this happen. Please hotfix.

The one shot "channel" happens about 5 seconds after Revan is raising one "glowing" hand ... this happens around 30% of his hp - after he channels his pbaoe. 2-3 seconds after the "raised hand indiator" i used my Force shroud to ignore the damage the channel does until you kick it. Most of the time he only used it once - but if you're not fast enough he's able to use the channel more often prior to his " meteor phase "

I apologize for any spelling/grammar mistakes cause i'm tired and going to bed now ... hope it helps - night :)

Edited by Sardris

You know this how? Hard modes are supposed to be hard. You aren't suppose to be able to jump into them right after hitting 50 and rock them. Otherwise they wouldn't have normal lvl 50 instances. So in all likely hood yes the tank is suppose to have 20k health and 2 minute enrage timers on Boarding Party are perfectly acceptable. The only bug I've seen on this encounter that I would actually call a bug is the <10% immunity bug where he doesn't quit fighting. Quit the QQ.

Edited by Magthere

You know this how? Hard modes are supposed to be hard. You aren't suppose to be able to jump into them right after hitting 50 and rock them. Otherwise they wouldn't have normal lvl 50 instances. So in all likely hood yes the tank is suppose to have 20k health and 2 minute enrage timers on Boarding Party are perfectly acceptable. The only bug I've seen on this encounter that I would actually call a bug is the <10% immunity bug where he doesn't quit fighting. Quit the QQ.

lmfao, don't know if trolling or just completely incompetent.

Cleared this yesterday. Popped CDs for first lightning, lived thorugh it. Got to falling rock phase, died second lightning in fact 3 out of 4 died but our last dps was able to get him to the 4% to end the fight.

There are multiple sources of gear pre-hard modes. You have 116 gear from Corellia Commendations as well as 126 armor/mod/enhancements from the dailies. We've done the hard modes with me geared out in 126 armor from daily commendations, my two DPS wearing corellia gear and the smattering of 126 stuff they had from the 1 day of dailies they did and a healer wearing a mix of 106 and 116 gear. They're challenging enough to be fun at this point and don't require a ton of gearing up, but there are plenty of sources of gear outside of the hard modes themselves that isn't PVP gear.

As for you people having trouble with the immunity bug, it appears to work well for us to not push him below 10% while he channeling an ability. Just get him close and wait of him to finish throwing rocks at you and then push him below 10%.

lmfao, don't know if trolling or just completely incompetent.

Ignorant would be a much more fitting insult in this situation. Incompetent would imply I was incapable of doing something, where as if you stated I was ignorant it would better state that my information was false because I lacked the necessary knowledge to understand the material being discussed.

Edited by Magthere

Our powetech survives the first tick with 80% hp remaining. The first chain lightning is completely predictable. You don't need to have 20k hp, you just need to pop 25% damage reduction (and static barrier if you have a sorc).

I'm not saying that this encounter is well designed; The chain lightning damage absolutely should be adjusted. However, even with the current damage it's a simple fight, just annoying.

I survive it (sometimes) with 30% hp, sometimes it just oneshots. That is with energy shield (25% red.) and static barrier, and me waiting to instantly interrupt (aka he kills me on one tick). 19,3k hp fully buffed.

However, yes, I mostly survived it. Not sure how other people are supposed to survive it though, since he does it on random target after the first one.

That aside, the second bug where he goes immune is doing me in. Tried everything, stopping before 10%, stopping before 5%, nuking through before force storm is casted.. nothing helps.