Security Keys

I was until yesterday.

Mine occasionally acts up, have the press the button a couple times to get a number on the display.

It's going to die eventually, I figured may as well switch it over to an app while it still works.

I stopped using mine. It still works but I also know it will be a hassle if it stops working before I had a chance to change it to mobile key. I just hate making calls to customer support so I was rather safe then sorry.:D

Still use mine. Anyone ever thought about opening it up and seeing if you can switch the battery?

I guarantee that it won't work as a security key afterward. They are the same basic technology as the "RSA" keyfob things that a lot of big investment banks and similar use to protect their logins. The design includes an assortment of "anti-tampering" mechanisms(1), and in any event, unless you can keep it powered up while you change the battery, it won't come back at the right point in its number sequence.

(1) Things like passing the battery power through a sort of wire "sock" that's embedded in epoxy such that you have to break the epoxy to get at the battery, and that breaks the "sock", and that cuts the battery off from the device before you can change it. (And it makes it hard to restore power afterwards.)