Is Darth Maul using Seethe here?

Alfreska

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obi-Wan either forgot to use his Force Speed or it was on cooldown.

He actually did use force speed in the novel, he probably used it in the movie to but we never see it because the camera focused on Qui-Gon and Maul until the barriers came up and we see Obi-Wan skid to a halt both times so as not to crash right in.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He actually did use force speed in the novel, he probably used it in the movie to but we never see it because the camera focused on Qui-Gon and Maul until the barriers came up and we see Obi-Wan skid to a halt both times so as not to crash right in.

He couldn't have used it.

Qui-Gon and Maul were slowly moving through the barriers while fighting and they made it all the way to the last barrier. Even running without Force Speed Obi-Wan should have easily been able to make it through all the barriers (unless they're on random intervals which wouldn't make much sense from a technological standpoint).

Qui-Gon made several serious mistakes here:

1. Going into a flashpoint with just a companion. Obviously didn't know about the LFG tool.

2. Wearing green gear. I expect with purple he would not have been chopped in half(spoiler).

3. Not binding most of his abilities. I mean, all he really kept spamming there was Strike and Slash. Used Force Jump maybe once. What does he have on his bars? Midichlorian mission scanners?

L2P Qui-Gon. More like Qui-nub amirite?

u do see him use speed just after he force leaps to catch up to qui gon and u see his master do it a few times have to pay attion tho

and yes qui-gon is using medatate dosent say anything about maul tho in the book

He couldn't have used it.

Qui-Gon and Maul were slowly moving through the barriers while fighting and they made it all the way to the last barrier. Even running without Force Speed Obi-Wan should have easily been able to make it through all the barriers (unless they're on random intervals which wouldn't make much sense from a technological standpoint).

he was knocked like 100 meater down the pit rember he had to force jump back up and then force run read the book even wacth the movie and u will see this buy the time he starts force running they are already entering the force feilds and they were on a diffrent time pattern about 2 seconds apart for each feild

Edited by TheLordMagnus

I believe Darth Maul is using "inspire devs of later video games to invent powers based on what known characters do."

It's a frequently-used ability.

I agree, it seems obvious that the developers was inspiret from this.

he was knocked like 100 meater down the pit rember he had to force jump back up and then force run read the book even wacth the movie and u will see this buy the time he starts force running they are already entering the force feilds and they were on a diffrent time pattern about 2 seconds apart for each feild

I remember that but, unless Qui-Gon and Maul were stopped more than once by the force fields, I still don't see how Obi-Wan didn't get through all of them.

There are 6 force fields:

Obi-Wan is stuck at the first one and Qui-Gon is stuck at the fifth That means that Qui-Gon got through 4 and Maul got through 5 force fields while fighting. If Qui-Gon made it through 4 force fields and Maul made it through 5 force fields WHILE FIGHTING, how did Obi-Wan not make it through all 6 while running?

According to the movie, it took 9 seconds after the first force field opened for the last force field to close when Qui-Gon and Maul went through them. It then took 5 seconds for the for the last force field to close when Obi-Wan went through. I guess this could explain why Obi-Wan didn't make it through but, as I said above, it doesn't make sense from a technological standpoint for these to be on a random cycle.

I remember that but, unless Qui-Gon and Maul were stopped more than once by the force fields, I still don't see how Obi-Wan didn't get through all of them.

There are 6 force fields:

Obi-Wan is stuck at the first one and Qui-Gon is stuck at the fifth That means that Qui-Gon got through 4 and Maul got through 5 force fields while fighting. If Qui-Gon made it through 4 force fields and Maul made it through 5 force fields WHILE FIGHTING, how did Obi-Wan not make it through all 6 while running?

According to the movie, it took 9 seconds after the first force field opened for the last force field to close when Qui-Gon and Maul went through them. It then took 5 seconds for the for the last force field to close when Obi-Wan went through. I guess this could explain why Obi-Wan didn't make it through but, as I said above, it doesn't make sense from a technological standpoint for these to be on a random cycle.

It's just a hunch, but I always had the feeling there was another party involved in that fight, that those force fields were being controlled by someone observing, trying to separate the Jedi. *shrug*

There is actually a very brief second in the beginning where they use force speed, (Or I may be confusing it with Anakin and Obi-Wan in III, they both start with them infiltrating a ship) the camera is panned way out, but they zip across a hangar covering like 100m in 2 seconds.

There is actually a very brief second in the beginning where they use force speed, (Or I may be confusing it with Anakin and Obi-Wan in III, they both start with them infiltrating a ship) the camera is panned way out, but they zip across a hangar covering like 100m in 2 seconds.

Yes but during the lightsaber fight, the camera was focused on Qui-gon and Maul and you see a blurry Obi-Wan in the background running. Plus the distance they covered in the beginning wasn't the same as it was in the fight, if you look at in the fight there was a much bigger gap. Not to mention, Obi-Wan is using a great deal of energy already while fighting plus the force jump he did to get back onto the platform to continue the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePLTFxd0UCQ - At 2:06, you see a blurry Obi-Wan. Then its not until 2:18you see Obi-Wan, though at that point with the fields I doubt he would use force speed because it looks like. That the fields, restart on the timers the moment they open up.

So the end field was already on its timer before the first one opened up. If Obi-Wan had used force speed, he would have crashed right into the field.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi