Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Schematics for orange gear

RobelDebas

I've been searching for info on how to obtain schematics for orange gear and have either not found the info or not sure i trust it.

Are schematics for orange gear only found through underworld trading crits (apart from the purchasable pvp ones)?

Does any type of underworld trading mission have a chance of giving a schematic or just specic ones?

I've read that reverse engineering orange or blue items gives you (a chance to abtain?) the schematic. Is any of this true? Ie if a synthweave re's a blue chestpiece they will learn how to make an orange version? I know there is a chance to learn the purple version but it's the orange i'm interested in.

Can a republic crafter learn the pvp orange schemtics for empire (and visa versa). Ie if i had a trooper armourmech could i buy the pvp orange schematics on an imp char for BH and IA, send to my trooper and have the trooper make it and send back? Or would i need an imp armourmech as well?

All help much appreciated. Apologies if some of this is basic, i feel it is but at the same time can't find the info!

I have gotten a few Armortech and Synth orange gear schematics from boss drops in Belsavis daily heroics.

And my Sorcerer was able to learn a Smugglers pant schematics, but i dont know if i am able to craft it and send them to a rep character.

Are schematics for orange gear only found through underworld trading crits (apart from the purchasable pvp ones)?

I'm not certain about he underworld trading (I've got one of every crew skill and haven't paid attention to which toon is getting them), but the rest of that is spot on as to the only source of them that I'm aware of.

I've read that reverse engineering orange or blue items gives you (a chance to abtain?) the schematic. Is any of this true? Ie if a synthweave re's a blue chestpiece they will learn how to make an orange version? I know there is a chance to learn the purple version but it's the orange i'm interested in.

This is only true for the raiding drops, to the best of my knowledge, and possibly only for the 1.2 raid.

Can a republic crafter learn the pvp orange schemtics for empire (and visa versa). Ie if i had a trooper armourmech could i buy the pvp orange schematics on an imp char for BH and IA, send to my trooper and have the trooper make it and send back? Or would i need an imp armourmech as well?

I don't know. I suspect it would work as long as the schematics are unbound (or bound to legacy), but if they're BoP, it won't work. I do know that for the non-PvP custom gear, crafters of either faction can make them even if the end result requires a class belonging to the opposing faction.

All help much appreciated. Apologies if some of this is basic, i feel it is but at the same time can't find the info!

I know that underworld trading crits are the most reliable source for armormech schematics (though they also return synthweaving schematics), but I am not sure if they are the only source.

I can not confirm that I ever found one as a drop or that I might not have gotten one while slicing or something, but I can not discount that possibility, either. Slicers can find all sorts of stuff if I recall.

In any case, there is always the GTN, and this will be improved when 1.3 goes live.

From what I remember:

4 ways to get orange armor schematics:

1. Random rewards (not neccessarily tied to crits) from UT.

2. *possibly* Very *rare* drop in the world. (I think I once got one this way, but it could have been a UWT reward, and same schems as via UT)

3. Successfully REing a slotted 1.2 raid item. (i.e. black hole, campaign)

4. Buying the schematic boxes from PvP vendors/

2 ways to get orange weapon schematics:

1. Random rewards (not neccessarily tied to crits) from related mission skill (i.e. TH for sabers, Investigation for all others)

2. (possibly) Successfully REing a slotted 1.2 raid weapon

Much like the last poster.

They drop from UWT missions, not necessarily critted ones. No mission is a better chance than another.

They will be drops from bosses/elites around the planets on occasion.

Republic characters can craft stuff for imps and vice versa, the issue is selling it, the little used Hutt trade network is a possibility but the best option is to have an alt do the marketing for you.