Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Yoda: worst jedi ever?

Mongrul

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about it. We're playing at the very peak of the Jedi's power and influence. Yes, they were just dealt a crushing blow by losing the Temple, but they've been dealing with Sith for years, if not decades, on end.

While three thousand years later, the Galactic Republic is at it's height and power, and while the Jedi Order is still powerful and respected, they've mainly been at peace for centuries. Most Jedi have probably never seen the business end of a Lightsaber in a fight, and there are more scholars and diplomats than warriors. Even the idea of surviving Sith teachings is kept closely guarded by the Masters.

In this timeline, there are probably thousands of Jedi floating about, by the time the movies come about, that number probably has decreased to hundreds. They were wholly unprepared for a fight, hell, the Republic didn't even maintain a standing army.

Stagnation has a way of dulling the senses, which is why Sideous won. He played both sides, to him it didn't matter who won, just that the Republic was weakened enough for him to fulfill a takeover. Not to mention, he was a diabolical genius.

No you aren't, Golden Age of the Jedi Order is during Prequels, Grand Master Yoda was most powerful Jedi ever, till Grand Master Luke.

however the jedi are still considered even more powerful in ToR than the prequals they were still far more warriors in ToR than the movies so technically this would be the golden age of jedi fighting skill and since the sith thrive in hellish climates they continued to hone their fighting skills

even when you play a sith warrior they basically say you have the potential to be even more powerful than any other sith past or present so you can see even now the sith getting stronger while the jedi slowly get weaker

not that the jedi are jokes even bu the time of the movies

Edited by Signolias

however the jedi are still considered even more powerful in ToR than the prequals they were still far more warriors in ToR than the movies so technically this would be the golden age of jedi fighting skill and since the sith thrive in hellish climates they continued to hone their fighting skills

even when you play a sith warrior they basically say you have the potential to be even more powerful than any other sith past or present so you can see even now the sith getting stronger while the jedi slowly get weaker

Regardless of what you believe, the most powerful Jedi existed during the movies, it was the Order's Golden Age, before it's destruction.

So just because they show more jedi/sith here, then they do in the movies that means they are more powerful?....Right..

Master Windu was betrayed by a backstabbing whiner. Who thought that little nerfherder could be dangerous?

Honestly, the only way Annie could have done that damage was with Mace's focus all on Sidious.

Poor poor Annie.

Anakin Skywalker was an accomplished Jedi and participant in the Clone Wars. He definitely had faults the way the Jedi Council saw things, but it is undeniable the accomplishments he made alongside Obi-Wan during the Clone Wars.

In lightsaber combat, there's few that could be even considered his peer or better within the Order.

If Anakin cannot be considered a danger if he's against you, then I don't know what else could be.

They did mention that it was said that Anakin's skill with a lightsaber was near that of Master Yoda's. It hadn't been put to the test but it was a rumor I believe that Obi Wan stated during one of the movies.

No, that was a joke Obi-Wan made 'If you spent as much time on your lightsaber skills as you do flying, you'd rival master Yoda as a swordsman.'

I wouldn't say Yoda was the "worst Jedi ever." I'd say that he, alongside the entire Jedi Order, had finally been duped by the greatest Sith Lord that we've ever seen, Darth Sidious.

Where past, simple-minded, overly straight forward Lords of the Sith threw their armies and lackies at the Republic, Darth Sidious was the polar opposite. He took over from within the Republic, forged outside influences to promote his rise to power within the Republic, and finally, by taking the very Republic the Sith fought against for thousands and thousands of years, and turned it into the Galactic Empire.

Compared to what the Sith had always tried to do for literally thousands of years, I don't believe the Jedi were prepared for a Sith attack the way Sidious did it. Not to mention, and IMO, the Jedi Order itself had gotten fat and lax. The Sith had not challenged the Jedi in so long. Remember when the idea was suggested that a Sith Lord was behind the problems in TPM? The Jedi Council, the wisest of the wise of the Order, dismissed even the faintest idea the Sith had returned without even investigating further.

It wasn't just Yoda himself that didn't see what the Sith were doing. The entire Jedi Order and its Council were too busy basking in the sunlight of a happy Republic with nothing to contest it.

You should read the Darth Bane series... he keeps it real.

Yeah but Darth Bane was "The Sith'ari" the Sith Chosen One so to speak...

The Sith'ari will be free of limits.

The Sith'ari will lead the Sith and destroy them.

The Sith'ari will raise the Sith from death and make them stronger than before.

Mace Windu felt fear and that became evident to the emperor,

ie "he's too powerful, he has control of the courts and the senate"

anakin was the chosen one

as for Yoda, are you kidding me? Yoda actually beats Sidious and Sidious then high tails it through the roof, deleted scenes that were reworked into Yoda leaving after seeing a force vision/premonition at the end of his battle with Sidious, during the pushback. his failure was evident but subconsciously he knew what he was doing.

I would count Revan above Satele Shan or Luke, Yoda is in another league.

I would count Revan above Satele Shan or Luke, Yoda is in another league.

I wouldn't put Revan above Luke, I wouldn't even put him above Anakin. Anakin was pretty much offered to replace "The Father" and become a living embodiment of balance in the Force.

Satele and Luke fought off the sith and the vong by themselves? Don't think so.

Yoda, during what we see of him in the movies, has two Sith apprentices (Darth Maul and Count Dooku) a coalition of separatist planets, and a Jedi turned Sith.

Your prejudices against Yoda are pretty apparent.

EDIT: Forgot to toss Sideous in therefor Yoda. He was only probably one of, if not the, most powerful force users of the entire star wars universe.

Well, technically, he was just cunning. He stole all his skills from Plagueis, then killed him in his sleep.

Both Satele Shan and Luke Skywalker have displayed more impressive feats with the force than Revan ever did.

Luke....the weakest Jedi Ever. I mean so many people have created a blackhole. Or so many people could teleport objects. So many people can knock down AT-AT's with a single force push.

In terms of force use, Yoda was always as strong as he needed to be to for his writers to make the main characters looks like chumps (Obi-Wan and Anakin vs Tyrannous, various Jedi vs Sideous). As far as consistently displayed power the writers seemed to like to have him as a ham-fisted deus ex machina.

In terms of quality of leadership, well he was probably one of the most awful beings to ever govern any body, military or political. I think a large part of that is tied in with how he was the canon's DM-hammer, but still, throughout the prequels and clone wars he makes some of the worst decisions possible and was likely one of the main reasons Sideous was able to play his game long enough to win.

In defense of his clone-wars decisions, however, the writers were forced to sandwich their writing into GL's abominable storytelling so they probably did not have much to work with in terms of making Yoda less of a simpleton tool.

Exactly... it was a trap by Sidious meant to pull Anakin over to the Darkside. Windu was a chump.

This, minus the chump part I think Windu was pretty tough

It was all planned he didn't want to beat Windu it was all staged for Anakin

Yoda was pretty badazz he just had a lot on his plate during the clone wars. I think the whole Jedi order, and the republic in general, was just so damn unprepared for the kick assedry that was Sidious. Also I feel the Jedi are at a disadvantage because their stance on politics and war puts them constantly on the defensive it seems.

He seriously P Diddy mind ****ed everyone sooooo hard

Also to those using the extended universe as arguements I say meh

Not that it's not fun or interesting or anything but it just doesn't feel the same (Boba Fett is dead get over it)

Edited by Lincaserus

Yoda was one of the best. But I think Yoda had given up in his fight with Palpatine. The order was destroyed, Him Obi-won and maybe a few others were the only jedi left. I think he saw no point in stopping palpatine. Perhaps he figured letting things play out to see the outcome was best. The Emperor plotted the destruction of the Republic for many years. Careful and precise events led up to the cover up of his involvement. It was entirely fool proof Edited by AppIequest

Grand Master Satele Shan battled the whole sith empire i guess thousands of sith warriors in armor with sith fleets attacking frequently.she manages to fight them all off.

Grand Master Luke Skywalker manages to fight off the whole yuuzhan vong invasion. probably millions of enemies.

Grand Master Yoda has 2 sith enemies. no armor, no battlecruisers to fight. the whole republic and jedi order come crumbling down on his watch.

Right and in his 800 years before that he was doing nothing? The guy was basically old.

yes the sith traded in their armor for cloth cloaks and went from a political angle instead of brute force. but still its only 2 and one of them is right under your friggin nose. i cant comprehend it.

Part of plan that started with Palpatines masters master.

the dark side clouds the vision. blah blah blah it appears any force user can detect another force user unless the one hiding force cloaks himself? can he manage a force cloak 24 hours a day for years?

I am guess suppression. Cause we know for a fact that one can cut the force from them. It wouldn't be hard to supress such power if you were a master of it. Hell wasn't Palagius a medoclorian (Force) master? Wouldn't Palpatine know a few tricks to hide who he was.