[Video] The lameness of 2.0 Balance

THEFERRARICARGUY

It's funny... I don't ever recall seeing so many threads complaining about Balance prior to 2.0. Could it be that, despite Bioware's intents, the spec was actually fine, and fun to play?

I really hope they'll either revert the changes they did or give us some more complexity. Rippling Force has to go at any rate. Sharpened Mind (restoration of force through force suppression charges) was a unique resource management in the game, and it was fun.

Honestly, after going into review of my balance video (2.0) I've noticed, than I don't have anything to bring a warzone. Whenever I try and burst down somebody I have nothing but FiB, and project which just isn't enough. Even from a pve standpoint I'm almost force-starved from a regular rotation. I chose NOT to make infiltration videos, because it went from being the spec I played from launch to 2.0, to the new 23/1/17 spec (I admit, I was totally biased AGAINST this spec and attempted to boycott it whenever I could, just because of the extremely low skill cap) of the whole class, while Darkness/Kinetic is still bland and leaves much to be desired (in the terms of enjoyment, in entirety it is still very boring) , and the popularity of deception is equivalent to that of smash.

In the end, even if it performs at expectations on paper, you can't assume that it will translate to it being a successful implementation. Look at what bolster did in 2.0? You clearly thought that it would be a good idea to balance the playing field, but making top tier pvpers have to compete with the raiders that run around in full underworld gear, with 0 skill so much better than them because of the bolster mechanic that it's causing a massive uproar, you know you've done something wrong. I've pretty much thrown in the towel as nothing is there to pull or keep me using that spec.