Which for Jedi Knight is the proper skank tank route?

xordevoreaux

Is it Defense (tank) in dps gear or vigilence/focus in tank gear?

Edit: In context of PVE skank

For PVE there is no skank. For PvP where the mititgation of tank stats is poor at best and useless at worst, it's DPS gear on TANK spec.

But please don't tell me you're a skank for PVE. It doesn't exist.

KendraP you know far more than I... but I am confused.

I thought it was 6 tank armor pieces for the set bonus and the rest dps gear. Yes we pull the tank mods and enhancements for Lethal Mods and crit enhancements but still 6 pieces of tank gear was my understanding.

Thanks!!

You definitely want to run at least the 6 tank armorings as a jugg tank yes, since the dps set bonus is mostly useless to tanks. I'd argue it's probably best to bring all tank armorings since they give more endurance and while shield/absorb are mediocre and defense is very situational (amazing vs a marksmanship sniper, but pretty much useless against say a madness sorc), endurance is a great stat for tanks in pvp.

KendraP you know far more than I... but I am confused.

I thought it was 6 tank armor pieces for the set bonus and the rest dps gear. Yes we pull the tank mods and enhancements for Lethal Mods and crit enhancements but still 6 pieces of tank gear was my understanding.

Thanks!!

For PvP yes.

For PvE running this set up is just adding more pressure to your healers.

I created a Defense Jedi Knight and I'm following the Vigilence class build minus the weapon and off-hand generator, which are stacked like a defensive tank.

I LOVE it! My regular guardian slogs through stuff really slowly, but this skank's burning through them very nicely! All that alacrity is fun!

And yes, I'm doing it in PVE. I'll be able to queue in an op as either DPS or TANK

Edited by xordevoreaux

Skank is ok for most content. The only place you wouldn't want to do that is Master Mode operations and some Master mode Flashpoints (Depths of Manaan, for example). However, if you only PvP occasionally, I do not see a reason to not be in full tank gear. But, skank for regs is awesome.

And yes, I'm doing it in PVE. I'll be able to queue in an op as either DPS or TANK

Please, NEVER queue as DPS. Even in DPS gear Defense is still a TANK. The damage Defense can do even in full DPS gear is almost 2x less than real DPS Disciplines - Vigilance and Focus.

If you do queue as DPS with this setup, expect to be kicked and yelled at. And it will be YOUR fault.

You are also messing up the aggro for the real tank if it is present.

Edited by Equeliber

Please, NEVER queue as DPS. Even in DPS gear Defense is still a TANK. The damage Defense can do even in full DPS gear is almost 2x less than real DPS Disciplines - Vigilance and Focus.

If you do queue as DPS with this setup, expect to be kicked and yelled at. And it will be YOUR fault.

You are also messing up the aggro for the real tank if it is present.

Yes I kicked someone from an operation recently for doing this. He told me he was a dps then was doing guardian slash and taunting. Quickly replaced with a guildie.