Lost Island HM waste of time

does not work all that well plus they have to be really good mdps for this to even be part of this plan. yes i have tank this and see the epic fail mdps try and the rare "good ones". and the best ones still force the tank off the center at some point usually its 35% hp on the boss or before 99% of the time and this is even with guild mates.

I am not good dps, I am average to below average at best and I can do this easy on two different toon, shadow infil (realy easy with force speed and defensive cooldowns) and sentinel even easier with added dps, speedboast and force jump. All you have to know is your abilities and use them which is something everyone should know and do in groups at level 50.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for wipes on my first time running this hard mode were 2 or 3 times on the first boss took me a bit to figure out the lightning and then the stompy guy threw me off the edge 1 time other than that everything was easy and now that i know what to do i probably will be able to go through with no wipes

does not work all that well plus they have to be really good mdps for this to even be part of this plan. yes i have tank this and see the epic fail mdps try and the rare "good ones". and the best ones still force the tank off the center at some point usually its 35% hp on the boss or before 99% of the time and this is even with guild mates.

You not only have to be "good", you have to have a perfect link between your computer and the server, and an empty server helps too.

I've had 3 second lags on these, with a highly variable lag during the whole encounter (almost from 0 to 3000ms).

Anyway, it's ok if you place your bubbles on the barbecue or in the corners of the center platform with only 1 mdps.

Edited by JMCH

did this again yesterday with a guildie group in tionese/columi gear who had no prior experience, I was the only one with gear and experience. Droid went down on second try, at first the marauder wasn't fast enough on moving out from mid, and interrupts were not perfect either. Jumpy boss, again wipe first coz 2 of the guys walked into lava when trying to click the console :D Last boss, 3rd try, it took some practice for the tank to manage satchels, and we lacked some dps on the second try. For the last try we managed to kill it. And there were actually upgrades looted, so it's far from waste of time. For next time with same group I'd expect no more than 1-2 wipes and a lot faster execution.

the time it takes to get through that FP on hm is same like doing 5 time KP or EV.

this FP is utter waste of time.. after doing it once and getting useless loot for it.

I went through LI HM about 5 times now with a tank and an healer... each time it's at least one wipe on LR-5 and 2 wipes at least on Dr Lorrik.

This just frustrating quest as it's gets.

even kephess final boss fight on EC was easier then this one.

what's the point?

and worst part is the human factor.. try to explain to people not to walk on the circle as they'll get a DOT... damn someone got it 12 times in one try of Dr L.

utter waste of time.

and gear factor I got mix from columi (2\3 parts) upto campaign gear.

If your doing it with people who have never done it before then ya it can be a long run trying to explain the mechanics to them... run with people who have experience with Lost Island and you can do it in like 30 mins...

of course I know i can cleanse it but! when people gets:

tank > 5 debuffs

Rdps > 3 debuffs

Mdps > 6 debuffs

at the same time, then you cleanse the tank first try to keep him alive so the boss won't wack you with bombs and the tank yet again run all over the green goo.

the pain :X

I've heard the rhakghoul serum helps with this. Maybe carry some to hand out to marginal pugs?

Also, maybe edit your original post to reflect how you've evolved on this issue?

Guild mates did this in 15 minutes the other day... It's definitely the shortest HM FP, I love doing it for my daily with my guild. That, and there's just something magical about watching LR-5 die in less than a minute and a half!

i've seen your DPS #'s :)

was in a group few days back with another exceptional DPS'r. Tank and heals thought Sav-Rak was bugged because he never smashed.

we DPS'd him so fast he skipped all the smashes and went right to jumping.

good times :)

Edited by T-Assassin

2. Planning tactics and execution. GF does not take rDPS or mDPS into account when queuing for any FP, let alone LI. During the LR-5 fight, the range of the DPS determine the tactics that should be used to defeat the boss. Both DPS need to be the same type: Two Ranged DPS or two Melee. If you have one of each, the group will wipe because the tank will be forced to DPS and Tank to compensate for the out of place DPS. This makes a relatively easy fight more difficult.

Simply not true.

While the makeup of your DPS does help determine which strategy to use, wheter it is keeping the boss in the center or taking the boss around the room with you. You can easily clear it using either strat with a melee and ranged dps. In fact one of my cleanest runs was just this.

We had a madness sorc, a heal sorc, a veng jugg(me) and a jugg tank.

We kept the tank stationary with the healer and the sorc moving around the room when they got lightning orbs. If I got a lightning orb, I would simply intercede out (also giving the healer a nice threat wipe), drop the orb outside and then charge back in, usually catching a free interupt with force charge. The healer and ranged dps then move on as if they had gotten the lightning orb themselves.

Lost Island is only difficult if you have people not paying attention to mechanics and not doing their job. As a melee DPS with all instants (except for ravage which I can easily cancel out of) I realize my number 1 priority for that fight is not to tunnelvission DPS but to interupt incenerate as quickly as I possibly can. This frees up my ranged dps to do more damage, since ranged dps are for the most part casters. When I do LI on my tank my priority is to minimize as much damage being dealt, proper use of taunts, positioning and defensives like shroud(allows me to completely bypass an incenerate).

Lost Island, has always been a co-ordination and mechanic check. The enrage timers are pretty lax on all the fights. I generally go with the rule of thumb in my guild, if you can perform well in LI, you will do fine in EC and TFB.

If you suck at LI and cant execute your roll effectively, you probably wont be getting a slot in EC and beyond.

i've seen your DPS #'s :)

was in a group few days back with another exceptional DPS'r. Tank and heals thought Sav-Rak was bugged because he never smashed.

we DPS'd him so fast he skipped all the smashes and went right to jumping.

good times :)

SO true, Ive had those kind of groups 18 mins or less it was awesome , you can tell right away how its gonna go ...

and one tank on the last boss , I was even in a group once were one of the dps told me been trying get the boss to 40 % before the first tank .... not sure if that is even poss right now,I would love see it happen ...

Edited by tanktest

Guild mates did this in 15 minutes the other day... It's definitely the shortest HM FP, I love doing it for my daily with my guild. That, and there's just something magical about watching LR-5 die in less than a minute and a half!

SO far my best time is 16 mins so grats on a 15 min run ...

Edited by tanktest